• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
www.theguardian.com

Trump to hold early morning sendoff ceremony on Biden inauguration day

Outgoing president has issued invites for event taking place in Maryland at 8am on Wednesday

The outgoing president has issued invites for an event taking place at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland at 8am on Wednesday – four hours before Biden will take his oath in Washington DC.

Details of the ceremony are not yet clear, although attendees have been told to arrive by 7.15am. According to some reports, a 21-gun salute is under consideration, and officials are considering an elaborate event that would have the feel of a state visit. Trump will then fly to Mar-a-Lago in his final use of Air Force One before the plane becomes at the regular disposal of Biden.

This motherfucker lol.

The invite for Trump's sendoff specifies that masks must be worn

Well, well, well
I guess they learned something from their previous Coronaparty....

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You know it's going to be a fun party, with a good turnout, when people are told to arrive at 7:15AM.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
All of the hardest of hardcore Chuds are gonna be in federal prison for the next 20 years. Who is going to this?

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Using tax payers dollars one last time. The grift continues, until the very last minute.

He's getting security and a lifelong pension even after he leaves office.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Former_Presidents_Act

"The Secretary of the Treasury pays a taxable pension to the president. Former presidents receive a pension equal to the pay that the head of an executive department (Executive Level I) would be paid; as of 2020, it is $219,200 per year."

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
It's crazy to me that the Trump era is over day after tomorrow. It feels like its been decades since he rode down that escalator, hell November 3rd feels so long ago.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
2KM6.gif

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
His crowd will be there, they'll do anything for him.

I'm guessing 99.9999% of his supporters are not receiving invitations. One day they will realize he doesn't give a shit about them. Don't get me wrong, they'll probably show up anyway, but it's just going to be very pathetic, like that "friend" who shows up to a wedding uninvited.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Final speech will just be a "worst of" collection that would fit perfectly on a 'Now That's What I Call Fascism' collection.

Attendees to include all the wealthy people still wishing to get pardons before noon trying to trick him into giving his autograph on specific pieces of legal document.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
He's going to spend two hours saying how he was the greatest president of all time.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully he's still on air force 1 when Biden is sworn in and the military treats him as threat for stealing the plane and they land his ass in prison.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me that the Trump era is over day after tomorrow. It feels like its been decades since he rode down that escalator, hell November 3rd feels so long ago.

For real. He'll probably be around and annoying for a long time to come but it feels like this whole thing has dragged on for 400 years, not 4.

With all that's happened since, my brain says this dude lost a decade ago and we've been sitting around waiting for him to leave for ages.

I will be having a send off ceremony of my own for Donald. It will involve a nice glass of wine and Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
Why doesn't Trump just rent out all of his hotels on Wednesday with taxpayer money and say it's for a send off party around the country? Easy money.