• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
lmao what

isnt it just a swab?
Nasal swab:
np_swab.jpg

Looks a little uncomfortable. But also something that's pretty easy to describe for someone who's remotely able to string a sentence together.

OP
OP
Mariolee

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nasal swab:
np_swab.jpg

Looks a little uncomfortable. But also something that's pretty easy to describe for someone who's remotely able to string a sentence together.

Right, I am in medical school and am not aware of any other way to take the test yet. Pretty easy to say "it was a swab".

huh.

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
First the throat is swabbed much like a strep throat test, then a second swab is put about two inches deep into the nose. These only take a few seconds. They don't hurt, but are not pleasant.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Daniel Dale
@ddale8

Asked what it was like to take the test, Trump says, "Not, not uh - something I want to do everyday...you know, it's a little bit of a -- it's a little bit of -- good doctors in the White House, but it's a test. It's a test. It's a medical test. Nothing pleasant about it."

trump's so stupid it's really hard to tell if he's lying about something or if he's too stupid to use words

Oct 28, 2017

Daniel Dale
@ddale8

Asked what it was like to take the test, Trump says, "Not, not uh - something I want to do everyday...you know, it's a little bit of a -- it's a little bit of -- good doctors in the White House, but it's a test. It's a test. It's a medical test. Nothing pleasant about it."

This may help some people remain sane or reduce anxiety, but if you read his tweets in the voice of Larry David, it becomes less scary, and much more entertaining.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First the throat is swabbed much like a strep throat test, then a second swab is put about two inches deep into the nose. These only take a few seconds. They don't hurt, but are not pleasant.
It's just the nasal swab for us. It was both, but now the throat swab is no longer required.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Today was the first day we started testing. It was pure chaos for the first 5 hours.
We're still sending the tests out, but thanks to our governor announcing during a press conference that we now have drive up testing, even though we do not, it's been a goddamn clusterfuck.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on board not believing that Trump was tested.

The only explanation for that answer is maybe someone told him not to describe it so as not to turn people away. FWIW, I've never been swabbed in my nose and it is a little scary for me to think about. I mean not scary from like "I'm not going to get tested scary" but just a level of medical anxiety over it that gives me the heebeejeebes

I've had a million throat swabs for strep, etc.

Regarding availability of tests, my mom works at an infectious disease doctor's office as a nurse in MA and they got the first round of tests middle of last week, 200 of them to start.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Imagine having to be that healthcare worker. You hold his plump orange face in your gloved hands. He tilts his head back slightly. Your eyes lock. And you insert your swab slowly but firmly into his nostril.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Reporter should've baited him: "did they have to prick your finger twice or did they get it on the first try?"
Absolutely - like this is basic stuff.

Eh, as much as you want to own the president on something like that, the risk of unintentionally spreading misinformation -- like that covid tests require a blood test or something -- is really high. At this point getting access to trump is very hard for most good journalists, most don't want to risk their press creds getting ripped on something that you wouldnt normally question.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Eh, as much as you want to own the president on something like that, the risk of unintentionally spreading misinformation -- like that covid tests require a blood test or something -- is really high. At this point getting access to trump is very hard for most good journalists, most don't want to risk their press creds getting ripped on something that you wouldnt normally question.

The "risk" of spreading misinformation when reporting on what Trump says is 100%.
If avoiding spreading misinformation was the key, the media would literally need to stop reporting his comments.

(which, to be honest, they should)

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
If he is sick, we'll see it soon enough. You can't hide that persistent cough.

Nov 9, 2017
Its a little bit ironic that so many wanted Trump and his family to get it and it actually ended up affecting the Trudeaus instead.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
Of course there was. The mans a narcissist. Nothing to him matters in the world more than himself or his own survival

There honestly probably wasn't. The vice president keeps saying he wasn't tested. If you're gonna test the president, you're gonna test the vice president and honestly anyone near him on this daily podium. They're using the excuse that only those who show symptoms should be tested but these are literally the leaders of the country. THEY NEED TO BE TESTED.

OP
OP
Mariolee

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Of course there was. The mans a narcissist. Nothing to him matters in the world more than himself or his own survival

There's a lot of ways to be a narcissist, test or no test. Sometimes you have to take the risk of letting yourself be open the disease than let the possibility of a positive test fuck your mind up.

And if he cared so much for his own survival dude wouldn't be eating like a pig.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
There honestly probably wasn't. The vice president keeps saying he wasn't tested. If you're gonna test the president, you're gonna test the vice president and honestly anyone near him on this daily podium. They're using the excuse that only those who show symptoms should be tested but these are literally the leaders of the country. THEY NEED TO BE TESTED.
Y'all got this backwards: would they:
A: lie about getting tested when they didnt
Or
B: lie about results after getting tested

B is likelier

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing just reinforces how little credibility this White House has with a lot of people.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's not the only test. The swab is the most widely available.

There are blood ones.
Can you ask for the blood one? I have a childhood trama involving tubes in my nose when I was hospitalized for a life or death thing, so if I can prevent that I really would really like to. Obviously I'll do if it I have to

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you ask for the blood one? I have a childhood trama involving tubes in my nose when I was hospitalized for a life or death thing, so if I can prevent that I really would really like to. Obviously I'll do if it I have to
Right now I would say no, but you can always ask. You never know what changes over time.
The tech for a prick test could be way faster and cheaper down the line.