• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
o1eKhD7.gif

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Is something big about to drop? Or is he just normalizing pardoning criminals? Or being a shithead Putin puppet? Causing chaos and distracting?

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
A reminder that Bernie Kerik's friend is a con man that just got put in jail like...last week for leading a sex cult at Sarah Lawrence College. I bet you Kerik probably could call NYPD/FBI favors in that might be useful to Trump in post-presidential life.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know that former commissioner but does he have anything to do with Bloomberg from back he was a mayor? That's another thing Trump would do...

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know that former commissioner but does he have anything to do with Bloomberg from back he was a mayor? That's another thing Trump would do...
Nope, he was Rudy Guliani's driver elevated to police commissioner by Rudy and nominated for Homeland Security head by Dubya after 9/11. Soon after it came out that he was using state employees to do renovations on his house and his name was withdrawn.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact: This guy was pushing the story that Muslims in NJ were celebrating during 9/11 which is a claim Trump repeated during the 2016 primary.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Is something big about to drop? Or is he just normalizing pardoning criminals? Or being a shithead Putin puppet? Causing chaos and distracting?

I think it's the bold parts. This man would be on a tirade if he thought he was about to lose.

Like other posters have mentioned, he is pardoning what he would like to be free to do. Trump, in his mind, is our golden king/god. He is doing what he pleases, or what he thinks he can get away with at this point.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
He's normalizing pardoning criminals before he pardons Stone once he gets charged. I'm guessing they're going to roll with charges against him but he's probably got some deal with Trump to get out within a month or something.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm just a dirty librul so I'm not sure what being "tough on crime" looks like but I'm guessing this ain't it.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
A reminder that Bernie Kerik's friend is a con man that just got put in jail like...last week for leading a sex cult at Sarah Lawrence College. I bet you Kerik probably could call NYPD/FBI favors in that might be useful to Trump in post-presidential life.

I had just read the story about Sarah Lawrence last week (edit: it was bumped because the alleged perp in the article was indicted last week). Kerik was good friends with Larry the sex cultist.

Larry was happy to further Kerik's professional advancement. While in Russia, Larry had befriended Pavel Palazhchenko, Mikhail Gorbachev's longtime interpreter. In 1997, Larry and his friends played host to Gorbachev when the statesman visited New York, arranging security and transportation (in Larry's own car). When Gorbachev made a stop in Los Angeles, Larry even orchestrated a meeting between Gorbachev and Robert De Niro. (De Niro remembers thinking it was odd that "this guy" was the one who'd arranged the meeting.) As a favor to Kerik, Larry also arranged for Gorbachev to sit down with Giuliani. Photographs of the meeting made national headlines. One month later, Giuliani appointed Kerik commissioner of the Department of Correction.

The Cut said:
Two days after Kerik's withdrawal, the Daily News broke a story that chronicled a slew of improprieties stemming from his relationship with Larry. The story alleged that Larry had paid for Kerik's wedding, bought Kerik $4,300 worth of furniture, and given him a customized Tiffany police badge. Larry was the story's primary source.

If revenge was what Larry was after, he got it. Kerik was publicly humiliated. The city took his name off the jail; his affair with editor Judith Regan was made public; and he faced city, state, and federal investigations. Eventually, in 2009, Kerik pleaded guilty to felony tax and false-statement charges and served three years in prison.

Relevant parts bolded. Trump continues to pardon people for crimes he doesn't think should be crimes. The relationship to the NY mafia and Giuliani can't be understated - this is how Trump does favors for his friends.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
"If I set enough precedents, when I leave office I won't be arrested for my many many crimes!"

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the Trumpiest thing it's possible to type using just ascii:

Larry had paid for Kerik's wedding, bought Kerik $4,300 worth of furniture, and given him a customized Tiffany police badge.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
So does the president of the United States Of America have unlimited pardons he can give out? What's stopping him from pardoning high crime criminals?

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how fast news circulates in prison. Old white men must be ecstatic right now if they've heard the news

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
So does the president of the United States Of America have unlimited pardons he can give out? What's stopping him from pardoning high crime criminals?
He can pardon anyone convicted of a Federal Crime. From my understanding there Are no limits to his Federal crimes pardoning power