• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
And my mom literally thinks hospitals are being packed by crisis actors being paid to pretend that covid is dangerous, I can't handle this shit anymore.

May 21, 2018
Is there a context to that quote?

Not trying to defend him cause I hate his guts, but I want to know if that context makes it somehow better or even worse.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad he is too stupid to realise having a competent reaction towards a pandemic showing leadership is almost a free ticket to getting reelected. We're all dodging a bullet America.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
As a guy who just recovered from COVID19 if I hadn't take the test, I would've spread it to shit ton of people.

This guy is a fucking moron.
First thing's first, I'm glad to hear you recovered and are doing better now.

But I had to double-take when I saw this post and then noticed the username. Holy shit Covid-19 is more powerful than I could have imagined.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
That's the stupidest statement I've seen from him in the last few days.

That's saying a lot.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Brazil's government has stopped publishing the number of cases and deaths of covid, so it's not only the US who is reluctant to reveal the truth. There is going to be a significant amount of under reporting as governments try to hide their incompetence.

Oct 30, 2017
BRILLIANT_.jpg

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Usually on Twitter I see some MAGA folks trying to defend or deflect such posts. Lately I feel like even they have given up. I see far less.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
I really hope this was taken out of context.

What an idiot

If I had to guess the context it was something like:

Poor innocent person: "Mr. President, the number of new cases is skyrocketing in...".
Trump: "We have more testing than anyone in the world! If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any."
Poor innocent person: "Ok."
*crickets*

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
look guys, if we stop trying to test, then we wont have shortages of testing supplies

we will only have shortages of PPE equipment, but no one talks about that either anymore, so fuck it, there's no shortage, everyone gets what they get and that's it, its not a shortage, its just what it is

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
No shit.

..and if everyone dies, there would be no one around to be infected. That's it! We'll starve the virus by getting rid of it's food!

Jan 10, 2018
Dare I ask how r/T_D is handling this?

"He's right, you know!" or completely ignored?

No. We really cannot.
It's not far from the truth.

Yes, Trump is dumb because his privilege shielded him from the need to be educated.

But also, his privilege allowed(?) Trump to become a sociopath. Employment numbers, audience attendances, Corona cases... everything serves his appearance. To Trump it does not matter what is, that would require a sense of responsibility towards others. What matters is how it makes him look. America has to serve the President.

In short, stop calling sociopathy and malice stupidity. There are alot decent dumbfucks.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
yeah that's technically how that works

No, actually.

You don't need a PCR test to diagnose something. Clinical symptoms and additional diagnostics for specific pathologies e.g. a CRT or x-ray to detect a Covid-pneumonia or heart ultrasound are enough to diagnose. So even that isn't true for the relevant cases, meaning those that need treatment. It'd just allow more asymptomatic spreaders to create more cases that would still be diagnosed/treated from clinical symptoms alone.

Even technically he's wrong, he's a fucking braindead idiot and I hate him.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Beyond the barrel again, amazing.

Sad thing is a lot of people have this mindset across a number of things. Keep that sexual assault to yourself, don't want to hear about, homelessness, don't want to hear about it.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Really, the existence of coronavirus is all the fault of the doctor who successfully identified coronarvirus.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
In other "just because you say it doesn't make it true" news:

Jeff Mason @jeffmason1

Trump says any conversation with him is classified
This from a Reuters White House correspondent, so not just someone idly speculating here.

VikingJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a context to that quote?

Not trying to defend him cause I hate his guts, but I want to know if that context makes it somehow better or even worse.
I am pretty sure Trump is trying to argue that the worries of a resurgence of COVID based off of rising cases is overblown because more cases are being found due to greater testing rather than it spreading more.

Of course he is expressing this argument in the dumbest way possible and hospitalizations are also rising so his point is moot anyways. Not to mention extra caution should be taken when more people are testing positive no matter the reason is because it still shows COVID is still a real threat and did not magically go away like Trump and other Republicans are pretending it did.