• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Trump's weekly
"No, this is just too far. This is when someone in the R party finally pulls a Goldwater intervention right?"
has arrived on a Monday this time.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
This is targeted harassment.

And can I just take a moment to let it sink in that the President of the United States is personally attacking an elderly 75-year-old senior US citizen who with decades of documented peaceful activism who was caught on camera being assaulted and left bleeding on the pavement for the entire world to see, all because the President himself stands against US citizens exerting their constitutional right to free speech and assembly?

Like, we had a f***ing REVOLUTION and went to WAR because of a tax dispute with Britain. This yahoo is having his goons brutalize peaceful demonstrators on the street and has the audacity to claim that everything you saw with your eyes was fake, everything the news reported was lies, and the the ONLY good person in the brutalized-elderly-man scenario was the cop who cracked his head open unprovoked?

Twitter needs to ban him, the spineless GOP need to abandon him, his hypocritical base needs to stop drinking the kool-aid, and the nation at large needs to drag him kicking, screaming, and crying out of the White House come November.
👏

Erpy

May 31, 2018
The cowardice of people like Susan Collins and John Cornyn is expected, but man I'll never get over how "Little Marco" and Ted "Your wife is ugly and your father is a murderer" Cruz are able to suck Cheeto's dick on the reg.

From this article:

"The party is now more a cult than a party," says Norman Ornstein, a veteran congressional scholar at the American Enterprise institute and an Atlantic contributor. "The imperative not to be shunned or excommunicated is overwhelming—and it's not just fear of Trump or Fox News. All their friends would treat them like apostates too."

Basically, Republican social circles are Republican politicians' entire world. It's not just their job they'd lose. It also means no more invitations to parties or fundraisers or any other events with access to influential people or sources of wingnut wellfare. The "friends" they had before (see the friendship between McCain and Graham) would feel they can't afford to be seen with them anymore. Basically, they'd be considered "unclean" and few Republicans are willing to risk permanent harm to their social life for a temporary scandal-of-the-week that'll be forgotten by most folks a month later.

And has been President for almost 4 years and they still don't read his tweets? I remember when they said they were considered official statements. Really? This is beyond pathetic.

Trust me, each and every one of those senators has a staffer who keeps a very close eye on Trump's Twitter feed and gives them a quick "guess what, boss, it's "avoid reporters and run for the elevators"-day again. Or in other words, tuesday." call whenever Trump shits the bed. Believing they're truly unaware is naïve.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
....so, I know I'm a little late here, but based on his recent ridiculous designation of antifa as terrorists, is he calling this guy a terrorist?

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm already seeing braindead morons trumpet this conspiracy theory as fact on social media. And their source of proof? Well it's Trump's tweet obviously.

I hate this fucking country and most of the assholes in it so God damn much at this point. It's a fucking cartoon of a country ran by morons who were elected by idiots.

Oct 27, 2017
This is starting to gain traction in the actual real news media.

www.politico.com

Trump’s conspiracy theory on 75-year-old protester draws sharp backlash

The president’s tweet comes after a video of the encounter between Martin Gugino and two Buffalo police officers went viral online.

abcnews.go.com

Trump tweets conspiracy theory about Buffalo protester police officers knocked to ground

President Donald Trump is pushing a conspiracy theory on Twitter Tuesday that the 75-year-old peaceful protester, who is still in the hospital, was a threat to police.

www.businessinsider.com

Trump tweets baseless conspiracy theory about 75-year-old protester violently shoved to ground by Buffalo police

President Donald Trump shared the name of the man shoved by the police in Buffalo, New York, who was filmed bleeding out of his right ear afterward.
Good! No New York Time coverage ?considering this happened in New York.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question. Is OANN secretly just Infowars with a new name in order to get around the various bans? I refuse to believe they aren't blatantly connected.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Serious question. Is OANN secretly just Infowars with a new name in order to get around the various bans? I refuse to believe they aren't blatantly connected.
To the best of my knowledge they are not an actual replacement. But I would not be surprised if there was a connection of some sort. They both work in conspiracies and wear a lot of the same hats.

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By no means the worst thing Trump has done, but perhaps the most obviously indefensible. Every republican in Congress should be asked why they enable this behavior.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why people want him banned on twitter. He literally kills off more and more of his chances of getting another term with these tweets. He'll always have his batshit base but he's killing off any hope of nabbing swing voters.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why people want him banned on twitter. He literally kills off more and more of his chances of getting another term with these tweets. He'll always have his batshit base but he's killing off any hope of nabbing swing voters.

I mean to be fair yes, but he also essentially doxed this guy at the same time.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018

AYZON

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Oh yea, the feared elite retirement unit of the antifa. The only reason they are so old is because they survived all previous antifa wars

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Let his bunker bitch ass keep on doubling down. Call your Republican reps and senators, ask them if they approve of this messaging, and if they believe assaulting senior citizens and people of color is acceptable. Get them on record.

More than anything, don't let up on the protests, and VOTE.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Ok but can anyone here prove that this guy did not in fact take an ANTIFA aging serum to make himself older/frailer? Were any of you actually there for his birth??? Hmm??

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
New lows are always achieved with this president. Anybody who voted for this man should be ashamed.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017

It's sure working for moderate suburban Republican; speaking anecdotally, my dad is all in how the old guy was sparking confrontation, can't know how a high-stress situation will go with cops so he should have just listened, etc. The "he was probably an Antifa agitator, these people are just doing it for lawsuits" will quell any doubts in base-adjacent moderates

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
giphy.gif

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Romney just said "shocking". How tame.

Shocking. Is that it? Its obvious, specially these last few months Trump can't/won't do his job. He likes to divide us and get rich off the tax payers.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like it's an unbeatable technique because unless you're disciplined enough/care enough to do research to debunk stuff, or unless you stay in your bubble, you'll run out of stamina to defend against all the bullshit flooding the zone. Nothing seems to be able to stop this except for scammers/bullshitters/disinformation artists willfully not doing it on their own.

There is some methods to counter it:
Traditional counterpropaganda efforts are ineffective against this technique. As researchers at RAND put it, "Don't expect to counter the firehose of falsehood with the squirt gun of truth." They suggest:

repeating the counterinformation
providing an alternative story to fill in the gaps created when false "facts" are removed
forewarning people about propaganda, highlighting the ways propagandists manipulate public opinion
countering the effects of propaganda, rather than the propaganda itself; for example, to counter propaganda that undermines support for a cause, work to boost support for that cause rather than refuting the propaganda directly
turning off the flow by enlisting the aid of Internet service providers and social media services, and conducting electronic warfare and cyberspace operations

But it's kind of hard when that would violate "free speech" and Zuckerberg is fully intending to let BS be posted on Facebook.

People need to be aware that this is a propaganda technique, pure and simple.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Such a delusional bunch of morons. Not just that they still think they can "tone down" this wart and he won't massively contradict them five minutes later, but that they think they can just paper over years of built up hatred and rejection of him with a couple of scripted remarks about unity or whatever. Those suburban voters who have turned away from the GOP out of sheer revulsion towards Trump aren't going to magically return because you artificially tweaked his rhetoric in year four of his term, dumbasses.

It's sure working for moderate suburban Republican; speaking anecdotally, my dad is all in how the old guy was sparking confrontation, can't know how a high-stress situation will go with cops so he should have just listened, etc. The "he was probably an Antifa agitator, these people are just doing it for lawsuits" will quell any doubts in base-adjacent moderates
Your dad is not a moderate.