• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
He was walking towards the police to hand them one of their helmets, and he's a devout Christian. When are Republicans going to realize how evil and depraved Trump is?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
RNC will go with whatever Trump wants. They're just lapdogs
Yep. If they weren't up for allowing or defending unproven theories for basically zero reason, they wouldn't have put their weight behind the major mouthpiece for birtherism. Nothing matters as much as supporting their hold on power even if they need Trump & his bonkers, cheap conspiracy ramblings for that purpose.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
screencap
OvsgFov.png

yj4B4Cs.png

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
these read like slogans. but none of these are slogans for an incumbent being re-elected.
the most bizarre being "transition to greatness". whats the transition there?
It's obvious he's just throwing out every suggested slogan from whatever campaign brainstorming session he's in. They can't settle on one because they're all shit.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
75 year old man who can probably barely move is a master of looting, rioting, and has access to and knows how to use high tech jamming technology.

Or the police just abused an old man.

Nah definitely the first one.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
I know it shouldn't be, but him tweeting stuff like this is actually more shocking to me than his other weird rants/political takes.

Politics aside, he's the President and he's saying stuff like this about a man who's laying up in hospital after being severely injured?

Can't even do the basic stuff like wishing him well, etc.

Crazy.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Even if Trump only gets 40% of the votes every single living human on the planet will remember that 40% of americans chose this guy to represent them. I don't think I'll ever forget that even if I live to be a hundred. It's a stain.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

This is just like what I thought when people were bandying about the bullshit about Ahmaud Arbery being a thief. The suspects could have easily said something if he actually committed a crime and if were all so cut and dry, responding law enforcement wouldn't have suppressed the video. But they didn't so the idea that they somehow knew he was some thief and distributed punishment for that holds zero water and just reinforces that they chased and killed him for zero reason beyond their own bigoted hate.

Same in this case. The police could have easily said, that the dude planted some device or attacked the police or whatever else but none of those defenses were used because the act was plain as day and indefensible from any angle. They saw someone in their way, abused their power to get him out of the way, critically injured him and did nothing about it in the aftermath. Even if you want to, without evidence, pretend he was some spy, nearly killing a person isn't somehow equivalent punishment nor something police should aspire to and it certainly doesn't explain why they then walked over his bleeding body of it was such an accident or if "he obviously fell". All the idiotic theories from the right are just shots in the dark like so much of what they spew and there's zero way they can contradict reality without inventing a new one.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When Fox News wouldnt get any worse, OANN took the reigns of the carriage screaming "fuck it" and dive bombed off a cliff.

All to own the mainstream media.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking disgusting. Trump's tweets don't get ratioed all that often (from what I've seen), so maybe this time at least this one is hurting him more than most.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a tweet of his get ratioed, at least not permanently. I saw one approaching it, but then the bots rallied, IIRC.

Edit: setting aside the sheer evil of the tweet, the idiocy is off the charts. Giving the Streisand Effect to a video of a peaceful old man's skull getting cracked is the most self-destructive thing I can imagine, politically!

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood

GOP senators ducking on Trump's deranged tweet about elderly Buffalo man, to my colleague @mkraju:

Rubio: "I didn't see it. you're telling me about it. I don't read Twitter. I only write on it."

Cornyn: "You know, a lot of this stuff just goes over my head."​

10:59 AM - Jun 9, 2020

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Sen. Gardner has not seen the tweet and didn't want to look at it. Says he's focused on his outdoors bill on the Senate floor and was in a rush to get up there

10:56 AM - Jun 9, 2020

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

Burgess has made it easy. He has the tweet printed for all senators to see. https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1270369243234738177 …

11:01 AM - Jun 9, 2020

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does it mean for his tweets to be ratioed? I'm not familiar with Twitter.
More comments than likes
More replies pushing back against the content of the tweet than likes.
The count of responses to a post is higher than the count of likes on a post.

I have always known what it inferred but the math is that "like" is so much easier and quicker (and presumably scriptable) that any time you see more replies than simple thumbs up means that people have done a record scratch wtf moment in their head and felt compelled to say something.

if there were a thumbs down it would change but that would absolutely encourage poor behavior- although Twitter isn't exactly a toolbox for sainthood.

exceptions are out there but tend to be calls to action like polls or semi-private conversations.

the inverse problem is relatively innocuous statements of sometimes negative facts can get dogpiled or brigaded but so far the stats don't (on average) lie.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Cops shove 75-year old man down and put him in the hospital

Right-wingers focus on the man holding his phone up to the cop for a few seconds peddling conspiracy theories.

I wonder if these people will ever realise how insane they are

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

John Harwood @JohnJHarwood

GOP senators ducking on Trump's deranged tweet about elderly Buffalo man, to my colleague @mkraju:

Rubio: "I didn't see it. you're telling me about it. I don't read Twitter. I only write on it."

Cornyn: "You know, a lot of this stuff just goes over my head."

10:59 AM - Jun 9, 2020

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Sen. Gardner has not seen the tweet and didn't want to look at it. Says he's focused on his outdoors bill on the Senate floor and was in a rush to get up there

10:56 AM - Jun 9, 2020

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

Burgess has made it easy. He has the tweet printed for all senators to see. https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1270369243234738177 …

11:01 AM - Jun 9, 2020

Fucking cowards. You're hearing about it now. Saying the humane thing is easy. If you know Trump's wrong, just say he's fucking wrong because anything else is to enable him.

Dec 23, 2017
Saddest part is that there are people that hang on to his every word and will believe this 100%. I just can't anymore guys that's the way I'm feeling as of late.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
That tweet deserves banning; but of course, Twitter won't do SHIT. What a piece of shit of human being you have as a president, America?