• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Whether this be real or fabricated, besides the obvious need for it to be in the public eyes, does this have any enforceable (pertaining to law) implication?
The only remedy to the President violating the law is impeachment. The courts won't touch that stuff because impeachment exists and courts don't like to do the job of Congress (separation of powers and all that).

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
"If the god emperor wants to cover up and collude with russshers crimes, then it's his god given right as an American president to do so. Fuck you."

-GOP

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Why would they? Trump is such a huge nonsense-babbling distraction.

Trump has fired a lot of career government employees who have tried to just keep their heads down and do their jobs properly. If there is a "deep state" they're pretty lousy at the whole running the country like the illuminanti thing.

LOL at Greenwald, of course he believes that Assange is lying now:

Glenn has written himself into quite the corner, if Assange is telling the truth, Glenn has spent the last few years naysaying Russian interference and any wrongdoing suggested in the Mueller report. If Assange is lying, he's not the impartial arbiter of the truth that people like Glenn have painted him as, and he's willing to smear anyone in US politics when it is politically convenient for him to do so.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump has fired a lot of career government employees who have tried to just keep their heads down and do their jobs properly. If there is a "deep state" they're pretty lousy at the whole running the country like the illuminanti thing.

Glenn has written himself into quite the corner, if Assange is telling the truth, Glenn has spent the last few years naysaying Russian interference and any wrongdoing suggested in the Mueller report. If Assange is lying, he's not the impartial arbiter of the truth that people like Glenn have painted him as, and he's willing to smear anyone in US politics when it is politically convenient for him to do so.

Glenn is exposed.

Of course. But he always blames Democrats, immigrants, other countries for anything bad in the US. He really does move the spotlight to other things than his own government. Although it is certainly a mess with a lot of rotation.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Wikileaks is publicly running with "Russia isn't behind the hacks, but the part about the president dangling the pardon is true."

The dudes in their mentions don't know how to process the information.

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if it's because he wanted his "win" to seem more legitimate, or because he's genuinely protecting Russia. Or both. Either way it's scary, crazy and completely outrageous and I don't expect it to move the needle at all.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There is more than a small chance that Julian Assange's lawyer is either exaggerating or entirely fabricating this story.

If not, this is an egregious abuse of power and would be worth another impeachment.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
There is more than a small chance that Julian Assange's lawyer is either exaggerating or entirely fabricating this story.

If not, this is an egregious abuse of power and would be worth another impeachment.

The WSJ, the Hill, and the Washington times all reported on Rohrabaher's trip back in September 2017, with the WSJ even including the allegation that a pardon was dangled on behalf of the WH. The WH only admitted at the time that Dana had spoken to John Kelly. Assange's lawyers just today made the formal accusation in court, and claim they have receipts.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
There are basically two things I wanna know before I die:

1) Is there other life in the universe
2) What is the dirt Putin has on Trump

DickGrayson

Alt Account
Jan 30, 2020

Trump and his surrogates are incredibly stupid so it is slightly possible that Assange is telling the truth but... I don't trust Assange any more than I trust the Trumps.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The WSJ, the Hill, and the Washington times all reported on Rohrabaher's trip back in September 2017, with the WSJ even including the allegation that a pardon was dangled on behalf of the WH. The WH only admitted at the time that Dana had spoken to John Kelly. Assange's lawyers just today made the formal accusation in court, and claim they have receipts.

If there are receipts, let's see 'em. If they have proof, I'll believe the accusations.

Until then, Assange and wikileaks are absolutely unreliable sources of information. They'll say whatever will benefit the FSB, nothing more.

Also, you should never cite Washington Times "reporting". :p

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
of course he did hahahahahahha

every single republican senator, except romney, need to be voted the fuck out.

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
I believe this makes for his 2nd Abuse of Power since being cleared. I can't think of the first one right now.

I have to watch my Trump media intake. I've seen a rapid acceleration of grey hairs since the impeachment. Lol

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
There are basically two things I wanna know before I die:

1) Is there other life in the universe
2) What is the dirt Putin has on Trump
I don't think it's dirt. It's likely the several hundred million dollar loans funneled through Deutsche Bank to keep him afloat, plus the sustained money laundering of Russian money through his real estate holdings around the world. It's just money. It's also quid pro quos all the way down but I seriously don't think there's any nefarious dirt like the Steele dossier stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
And that's the OTHER reason he's smashing against the DoJ lately (other than stark raving NPD); it's another killshot to his livelihood. The sacrifices to keep his approvals over 35% will be again vicious.

I'm kind of amazed that conspiracy theorists still think there's a hostile deep state that's trying to undermine Florida Man, when it seems more conspiracy-ish to believe there's a deep state propping him up.

Worked for Erdogan, which Bannon noticed to our detriment.

Like Individual-1, he's done been exposed; it's just he's not got as big a cult to protect him.

Nov 1, 2017
Considering he's being sheltered by the Republicans and defended by a base that wouldn't care if he actually personally killed someone (and likely would cheer if it was a Democrat) you can pretty much expect Trump to believe he's untouchable and he can do whatever he wants at this point.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Considering he's being sheltered by the Republicans and defended by a base that wouldn't care if he actually personally killed someone (and likely would cheer if it was a Democrat) you can pretty much expect Trump to believe he's untouchable and he can do whatever he wants at this point.

To be fair, for the moment, that really seems to be the case. Any of this stuff would have crucified a Democrat President, and would even have been trouble for a run-of-the-mill Republican President, but Trump has weathered an incredible amount of deal-breaking incidents with a Senate and Department of Justice that refuses to acknowledge rule of law anymore.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And once again I'm entering 'the world really, really sucks' depression. God I fucking hate this clown.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If there are receipts, let's see 'em. If they have proof, I'll believe the accusations.

Until then, Assange and wikileaks are absolutely unreliable sources of information. They'll say whatever will benefit the FSB, nothing more.

Also, you should never cite Washington Times "reporting". :p

At the time, the spin from right wing outlets was that Assange had proof that Russia was not involved, and that Dana was there to negotiate a collection of the information. Assange and Wikileaks had already made the public claim that Russia was not their source.

The WSJ report ended up being closer to what Assange's people are claiming now.

If they have proof that Rohrabacher made the offer it might be in writing, video, or audio. Doesn't directly incriminate the president unless Dana testifies specifically that Trump told him to go and told him what to say. Even with physical evidence, it won't harm the president's standing in the GOP (as we've seen from impeachment hearings), if he just denies it and Dana ignores a subpoena.

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, the House of Representatives should run through Impeachment again with a new set of articles. And this time, they should expressly say they are withholding passing the articles they draft to the Senate, and explicitly cite the precedent the GOP Senate set by acquitting the last set of Impeachment Articles.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Even with physical evidence, it won't harm the president's standing in the GOP (as we've seen from impeachment hearings), if he just denies it and Dana ignores a subpoena.

Stuff like this makes it deeply, deeply frightening just how much of a slim thread rule of law in the USA seems to be hanging on the election this year. It really feels like the USA may be leaning over a cliff, pinwheeling arms with a 50/50 chance of pulling back or falling into the abyss.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
That story doesn't make much sense to me, in that I'm not even sure why the pardon was even necessary. Assange has been lying his ass off since 2016 about who exactly hacked the DNC emails and sent them to Wikileaks, or who his contacts in America are/were, so I'm not sure what else Trump or Rohrabacher could even want. If he had any evidence showing Russia's "innocence" he would've produced it at the very latest in early 2017 after the ODNI report. Maybe the people in this administration are so stupid they didn't realize that? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish that everyone around Trump and his associates weren't such deceitful pieces of shit. There's so many lies involved with everything Trump does, it's hard to tell which ones are even partially true, if any.

Edit: Of course it should be investigated, and I hope Assange or his lawyers brings forth evidence (LMAO), because I don't believe a single fucking word out of the scumbag's mouth on anything.

Last edited:

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Man will do crazy things with a threat of extradition to the US, be blamed for Trumps issues , thrown in prison and be "Epsteined"

I'm just hoping there is hard written or recorded evidence
I just remember Assange was once pretty popular with the general public, even appearing on Colbert, but i do get why people started to think he was a russian shill after 2016.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Stuff like this makes it deeply, deeply frightening just how much of a slim thread rule of law in the USA seems to be hanging on the election this year. It really feels like the USA may be leaning over a cliff, pinwheeling arms with a 50/50 chance of pulling back or falling into the abyss.

Even if the Democrat candidate wins the election, I don't think we will have avoided falling into the abyss. The underlying cause of all of this will remain unchanged: the complete polarization of the USA's politics.

Until that is dealt with, this country will continue to remain teetering on the edge of a fall into total authoritarianism.

OP
OP
Saya

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

WASHINGTON — Former California Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher confirmed in a new interview that during a three-hour meeting at the Ecuadorian Embassy in August 2017, he told Julian Assange he would get President Trump to give him a pardon if he turned over information proving the Russians had not been the source of internal Democratic National Committee emails published by WikiLeaks.

In a phone interview with Yahoo News, Rohrabacher said his goal during the meeting was to find proof for a widely debunked conspiracy theory: that WikiLeaks' real source for the DNC emails was not Russian intelligence agents, as U.S. officials have since concluded, but former DNC staffer Seth Rich, who was murdered on the streets of Washington in July 2016 in what police believe was a botched robbery.

A lawyer for Assange in London on Wednesday cited the pardon offer from Rohrabacher during a court hearing on the U.S. government's request to extradite the WikiLeaks founder.