• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. This is a bullshit distraction and gaslighting from his party. There is no way he quits. Putin won't let him. He'd go to prison. Trump doesn't give up. He'd rather watch the US burn.

That's not quite true. He's a malignant narcissist and when narcissists see a defeat coming, they will often cut and run. His whole life is a string of failures that he just walks away from while claiming victory. I think he's got too much dirt on himself and the only thing keeping him out of prison is the Presidency so, although I wish he'd just pout and give up, I think this is just wishful thinking. He's been phoning it in (more than usual) this year and even self-sabotaging himself. He doesn't want the job. He only wants the power that comes with it - and that's the Trump brand.

This is the GOP basically pleading with him to quit so that they can try to salvage their Senate races. If anything, it will depress their base even more because they're saying he's a loser. Thoughts and prayers.

Good god him literally quitting would be the greatest way for this to end

I would love for a trump supporter to look me in the face and defend him

DEEP STATE! Q! ARGLE BARGLE

OP
OP

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
...so wtf happens then? Does Pence become the nom?
Screen_Shot_2017-08-17_at_3.57.59_PM.jpg

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is probably one of those "trial balloon" stories, leaked either by either the GOP brass or Trump's campaign itself, to gauge reaction to him dropping out. Then they can poll on it ("Have you seen the news reports that Trump is considering not running? What are your thoughts...").

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Would, say, a federal agency corraled into using Trump properties specifically for official functions have standing?
Maybe. It'd probably have to be a suit for damages of some kind. I don't want to try to give a definitive answer, and I suspect even a lawyer might hesitate before saying for sure whether such a case might have a chance of going anywhere.

Even if the answer to questions like that turn out to be a straight-up "no", though, Trump is still going to be buried up to his quiff in lawsuits from other places.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing about pardons is he can't be pardoned for things because nothing actually happened to him right? So on top of state crimes, he really has no out for anything else as long as charges come after his/Pence term and Biden wins.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The thing about pardons is he can't be pardoned for things because nothing actually happened to him right? So on top of state crimes, he really has no out for anything else as long as charges come after his/Pence term and Biden wins.

Nixon was pardoned for basically anything during his life, so I'd imagine Pence would do the same with Trump.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the Tulsa rally failure shook him to the core.

Crowd sizes is his Achilles' heel. He made himself look like a buffoon over the crowd sizes way back at his inauguration, and here we are at the end of his term, during a pandemic, and the only progress he has made is making himself look like a psychotic buffoon over the crowd sizes. He is famously the Twitter president. He is in a unique position to not worry about crowd sizes, but he's a narcissist and he can't help himself.

Jun 22, 2019
That picture of him walking off Marine One that night, in utter defeat, was the first time I've ever seen real emotion from him. If he wasn't an evil monster, I'd almost feel sorry for him.
Instead, I laughed.

I think he got boo'd at a baseball game or something where for a few seconds you could see dread enter his eyes upon the realization that the boo's were targeted at him. I laughed a lot when I saw that as well.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I think he got boo'd at a baseball game or something where for a few seconds you could see dread enter his eyes upon the realization that the boo's were targeted at him. I laughed a lot when I saw that as well.

Oh, you're right! I completely forgot about that. He looked like he was about to cry. Then they had to cheer baby up by taking him to a bunch of red states where he wouldn't get booed.
The only way to get real emotions out of a narcissist is to break the false narrative shell they've constructed.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I bet he's only saying this to remind his base to vote so he doesn't lose

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
That picture of him walking off Marine One that night, in utter defeat, was the first time I've ever seen real emotion from him. If he wasn't an evil monster, I'd almost feel sorry for him.
Instead, I laughed.

I've wondered if this will be his Sweaty Nixon/Dukkakis Tank/Dean Scream since it happened.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
Listen, guys, we all want this to happen. But this is not the first "Trump gonna resign" thread I've read. He didn't then, and he won't now. If it was about saving face, he'd have done it long ago. Face can no longer be saved at this point.

What I AM calling is that if he loses, he will find a way to weasel out of riding with Biden on inauguration day. He's not going to sit there and listen to his rival give what is essentially a 2nd victory speech. Though I would revel in him being made to do it.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is way too much money to be made in running a campaign even a losing one. He'll never leave that bread on the table.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Listen, guys, we all want this to happen. But this is not the first "Trump gonna resign" thread I've read. He didn't then, and he won't now. If it was about saving face, he'd have done it long ago. Face can no longer be saved at this point.

What I AM calling is that if he loses, he will find a way to weasel out of riding with Biden on inauguration day. He's not going to sit there and listen to his rival give what is essentially a 2nd victory speech. Though I would revel in him being made to do it.

They'll have to pump him full of benzos to get him to go. I hope he shows up because we know he won't be able to help himself and he'll pout and make faces the whole time.
Biden should have his special guest Obama there too.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They'll have to pump him full of benzos to get him to go. I hope he shows up because we know he won't be able to help himself and he'll pout and make faces the whole time.
Biden should have his special guest Obama there too.
Just have Obama in the crowd, front row. Silently staring at Trump.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I want this asshole on a stage in a live debate.

Say what you will about Biden, but there is enough SHIT all over Trump that it should be incredibly easy to just BURY him on live TV.

Seriously, you have these talking points:
Inciting racial tension
Slow to pathetic response to coronavirus
Using a stimulus to give his friends billions
Lining his own pockets with golf trips to his resorts
Fraud through his "university"
Constant lies
And NOW.. Knowing about bounties placed on US soliders by his best buddy Putin.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
There is no way he's dropping out. There is inertia to these things. He didn't drop out after the pussy grabbing stuff last time, when polls were in the tank and people were publicly disavowing them.

I think there's some chance that if polls stay at these double digit margins long term, he could get discouraged and become kind of lazy about campaigning, finding excuses to cancel events, etc. And if the map of competitive states keeps expanding, basic necessity means he's going to have to ignore some of them and just hope they get better. But you're never going to get formal surrender out of him.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017

If he loses I expect him to do a bunch of damage to anything he can in November, give a bunch of pardons to family and friends, and then resign in December to have Pence pardon him and take control of the transition of power and inauguration day.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Trump presidency has sure done a number on this forum, if a non-significant percentage of users think this is some 4D chess play. Trump has always been a self-absorbed coward who hates coming to terms with the fact that he's the L in Chief. Running away with his tail between his legs is exactly what you can expect from him. Won't ever erase the fact that he's a massive failure, but he wants it to.
I bet he's only saying this to remind his base to vote so he doesn't lose
That won't work. His base is already supporting him. It's the other voters in America who aren't, mainly independents.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I don't think he will, and I hope he doesn't.

Pence is an idiot, but he can project 'normalcy' to 'never trumpers' that could pull away from Biden. Trump cult will still vote for whoever has an 'R' next to their name so they don't lose votes.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE

Works for me. Just have Obama take the role of the former President in the ceremony.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs
Trump won't leave unless he gets a guarantee from the next Republican candidate or Biden that he will be pardoned from whatever may come out.

Don't for one second be lulled into the thought that the Republicans will be in shambles if Trump quits.

The Republican party will come together faster than you could snap to pick a very capable candidate. The Republicans likely have had binders full of possible/credible candidates since Trump got elected. Don't forget, they've already had to deal with this quitting via Nixon.

If this were to happen to the Democrats (democratic president quitting or deciding to not run for a second term) the party would be in shambles and would miss the mark with their candidate, they struggle to come together to do good versus the Republicans without looking Republican light (don't forget how underwhelming the last Democrat controlled government was).

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
I keep wondering what the real intentions of these threads are for?

I feel like the last time i was told he was going to lose, he won instead.....so why are we doing this again?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If he does the inauguration speech the faces will be priceless as he lies with every breath about how amazing he left America and his made up achievements.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't drop out and continue to tank in the numbers, thx.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
He needs to be asked this at every interview going forward, in exactly this way.

"So when are you quitting?"

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
While I don't think it'll happen, I do see it as a non-zero possibility. I think is ego is the *why* he would consider it at all - if he drops out he can forever play the "The election was going to be rigged anyways so I got out. Pence lost because of cheating and no one liked him anyways." card. If he stays in and gets absolutely crushed then even he will have a hard time rationalizing it away.

That's also why PEOPLE YOU GOTTA GO OUT AND FUCKING VOTE NO MATTER WHAT THE POLLS SAY. He needs to be absolutely destroyed, and Republicans all the way down the ticket need to take the same hit.

Yeah, DC Nationals game. He clearly expected to get cheered when they showed him, but as soon as he was on the screen the entire crowd booed.

I haven't watched the video in a while but IIRC the crowd was on point too because before and after he was on the screen they were cheering for some vets or something akin to that. Flipped to boos and back like a lightswitch.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I used to think a resignation was the most likely scenario but at this point? He's on this ship until it crashes. I don't buy this for a minute.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I can see how they would rather lose with the darling Pence more than Trump. Almost feels like in 2016 when the party didn't really get behind him until he actually won. They are trying to distance themselves from him again to safe face with the rest of the country when he's gone.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything making him drop. The kompromat is too strong and Putin doesn't intend on losing power.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019

You joke but that would actually not be the worst choice. Anyone close with trump has his stink all over him and will carry the same issues. That invalidates a fuck ton of the party since they went hardcore sycophantic these past few years. You need someone who can act like a person to counteract Joe biden's 'aw shucks' folksy charisma. If they go too left wing the trump base screams deep state and won't coalesce, so Romney is right out.

You need someone with name recognition, who is not seen as an accessory to trump, who is not hated by the trump base, and who can act like a decent human being. Bascially you need a recognizeable, inoffensive milquetoast who probably wasn't going to be the nominee any other way.

You need someone who has the perfect blend of being a functional candidate...but also being 100% expendable. That's Jeb.
He has the added bonus of trump being so awful that people have sortof gotten wistful for the less frightening corruption and incompetence of the bush years.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see anything making him drop. The kompromat is too strong and Putin doesn't intend on losing power.

I don't buy this narrative.

Look at this country. I mean take a serious look at the state of everything. Something as simple as wearing a fucking face covering is now a divisive issue.

Putin's work is done.