• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Trump dropping out torpedoes everything for the GOP. Another candidate doesn't cleanly swoop in at this point and get more votes.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
The numbers don't just point to him losing, they point to him getting absolutely thrashed in historical fashion.

He's so extremely narcissistic that he will consider all options to avoid that embarrassment, including the option of dropping out. Even if it's to his detriment legally, he's more obsessed with how people view him.

Oct 28, 2017
He's desperate to work the base into a lather and change the momentum that his polling numbers have been on. If the campaign is leaking this, then he is even more desperate than I thought. This is theater to get a rise out of the base.

Feb 1, 2018
He's not dropping out lol his ego won't let him- he'll go down swinging and then test some obscure 1700's law his teenage white boy MAGA interns found about how he doesn't technically have to leave the white house or whatever. He'll try every possible legal or legalish avenue to avoid being ousted, because he wants to be Putin so bad

Oct 25, 2017
He'd rather burn the country to the ground between Nov-Jan than quit. He gives no fucks about anything or anyone other than himself. His ego won't let him and he'll blame everyone around him before accepting any blame himself. Rigged elections, fake news, etc... Nothing has ever been and will never be his fault as far as he's concerned. He's psycho and uncontrollable. The ONLY chance this would happen is if he's angling for a pardon from Pence.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
On one hand, I could absolutely see him not wanting to lose.
On the other, quitting is out of character and would completely throw the GOP into (further) chaos.
Who the hell wants to try to step into that ideological role now as a republican, given where we currently are as a nation?

This story seems far fetched, at best.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
the story is like

i dunno i talked to some republicans and one said yeah hes in a mood and if things get way worse something might happen

some other guy said yeah i dont think that will happen

headline TRUMP MAY DROP OUT OF RACE
Yeah this. Bullshit story, probably intentionally seeded by campaign/gop officials to galvanize supporters

also trump will never actually be prosecuted for any crimes come on now. I know it's nice to hope for that but not a chance.

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no.

Trump fucked Trump.
Well, yeah. But Trump seeing that mediocre attendance, at a rally...in Oklahoma. I think it was a wake up call to his ego that he's actually not as politically strong as he once was. He knows for sure that the odds are against him at this point. Attacking Clinton worked great. Attacking Biden doesn't really have much affect. Either way, Trump is fucked...unless something really unpredictable happens.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Once Trump drops out:
c6c.jpg

Nov 16, 2017
I absolutely do not think his ego could concede defeat. I do worry that if he did, someone like Romney would take his place and make the race much tighter because of the independent vote. I don't know who else could do that; Pence, Cruz, etc. wouldn't swing things in the GOP's favor.

In an ideal world, Trump either gets slaughtered by Biden or he drops out in late September or October and recovery becomes impossible for anyone.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Please let this bat shit crazy time line play out. No one thought Trump would win either according to the polls. But we can't have nice things in 2020

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
doubt it. but if it did happen they would put up Pence and he'd be nothing more than a sacrificial lamb.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This would be the equilvanet of pulling the plug when you're losing in an online match, so it's absoutely something I think he's thought of, given his personality. Whether he will actually do it or not is another question.

His sycophant family members will certainly want him to run and maybe win. His chances of winning is 0% if he pulls out, it's not 0% if he doesn't. There's that.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It certainly would be the most 2020 of things to happen in 2020.
Shit would be too ridiculous for Fairy Tail but here we are.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
no fucking way he'd quit, he wants to lose just not in spectacular fashion. in his dream world he loses a close race and bitches and moans about it for a few weeks but gladly goes back to his old life, we need to vote him not just the fuck out, we need to vote so fucking hard you shatter his frail ego so he shuts the fuck up for all time.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Trump didn't drop out before, he won't drop out now, since he's built up more "true believers". He's pissed off a lot of people in the last 3.5 years, but he doesn't keep people around unless they're blindly loyal, so he's not going to hear bad news from his aides.

Regardless, he's going to resign an hour before the end of his term, and have Pence pardon him.

syncover

Nov 14, 2017
USA
I don't think "Our nominee is going to ragequit because he's doing so poorly" is the distraction that any Republican strategist would choose to manufacture -- particularly after the poor showing at the Tulsa rally. The kinda need to project strength and confidence, especially now.
In a normal administration I'd agree but I can see a scenario in which the idiot starts using this at his rallies to attack the media and rehash 2016 predictions of his political demise.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
What's the bigger blow to his ego ?

Resigning for "health reasons", possible pardon from Pence.

Or

Potentially getting blown out in the election ?

Could see him doing it, under the right circumstances.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
If he would to ever drop out, he would probably say:

"I have accomplished more than any president in the history of the US in four short years. Therefore, there is nothing left for me to do."

But this waste of sperm ain't dropping out.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I'll be the contrarian. He'd totally throw the party under the bus to save face and not lose by record levels.