• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Making light of something that killed 122,000 citizens on your watch... very nice Mr. President.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Somehow this prick still manages to surprise me. Sad thing is his base will love this. Hoping enough of you guys show up to vote him out. It should be a done deal but his "reign" has felt about 15 years longer than it is at this point and it saps your optimism.

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
"Sir! Sir! How dare you sir!"

Yeah, he's proven time and time again that he is a dipshit who stirs up his fans by saying stuff that offends liberals like overt racism. This is not the first time and it won't be the last. This doesn't surprise me at all. He's a fascist troll and this is bait. He's chumming the waters as he almost always does. The other day he claimed to have invented Juneteenth and a few days before that he claimed that George Floyd is in heaven, happy about Trump's job numbers. Liberals get outraged while mostly uneducated conservative shitheads cheer because the people they hate are getting angry. It takes over the news cycle. He is then reaffirmed as the hero that they all wanted.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
The most encouraging thing about tonight was in fact the small crowd.

If they stopped going to his crazy Joe Pesci impersonation rallies, they might stop going to the polls for him too.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The fall is going to be a complete shit show. People think this is a joke but I work in a print shop I literally just got done making funeral programs for someone I know family member dying from Coronavirus

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, Trump not doing Rallies really helped him not be nearly as offensive as he usually was(this isn't to say he hasn't been highly offensive). But fuck I've forgotten what Rally Trump is like.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
One of my favorite podcasts did an episode on an episode of Scooby Doo that was super racist with Asian stereotypes.

This would have fit right in.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
While I definitely agree it shouldn't be called the wuhan virus or the china virus. A previous corona virus is still officially called MERS or (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and you still have cases of the west nile flu/fever (even though I've only heard of it in America and every Egyptian I've asked has no idea what I'm talking about)

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
His base loves it and he wont face any consequences for it so why wouldn't he say it.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
While I definitely agree it shouldn't be called the wuhan virus or the china virus. A previous corona virus is still officially called MERS or (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and you still have cases of the west nile flu/fever (even though I've only heard of it in America and every Egyptian I've asked has no idea what I'm talking about)

The thread is about Trump calling it "kung flu."

Even if it were remotely comparable to your examples at face value, no is calling MERS that so that someone in power can avoid taking responsibility for the deaths of people affected by it.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
The thread is about Trump calling it "kung flu."

Even if it were remotely comparable to your examples at face value, no is calling MERS that so that someone in power can avoid taking responsibility for the deaths of people affected by it.

I've seen a lot of uproar at just calling it the Chinese virus and wuhan virus and how racist that is. But it was in more general covid threads so I never brought it up. And I don't see how calling it the chinese virus or any other dumb name absolves anyone from taking the responsibility.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I've seen a lot of uproar at just calling it the Chinese virus and wuhan virus and how racist that is. But it was in more general covid threads so I never brought it up. And I don't see how calling it the chinese virus or any other dumb name absolves anyone from taking the responsibility.

Are you not paying attention to Trump's use of it? He's obviously trying to spin the situation as "I've done everything I could here, and did it marvelously. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at China."

Terra Torment

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
The biggest problem with these sorts of things is how they spread from the rally. His cultists go to work and repeat the president's shitty jokes and then everyone has to do diversity training to protect the company from hostile workplace lawsuits. Only since the president said it, it gives the shitty joke this undeserved legitimacy as, "just someone's opinion," within the window of allowed opinions rather than a racist statement that you would just get fired over.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

Have people been getting racially attacked in the street over MERS or West Nile?

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
There certainly wasn't a lot of well wishes when folks in Asia get hit by Coronavirus via proximity to China at first. In fact, you could make a case of heightened discrimination and assault even now when America and Europe blast past Asia in tally.

Coronavirus is just the excuse for some people to act out their racism. Trump does well in emboldening them.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Have people been getting racially attacked in the street over MERS or West Nile?

Then that shifts the argument from "he shouldn't call it that because it is racist" to "he shouldn't call it that because it will incite violence against innocent people". Because if it is the former, then this whole naming a virus after it's geographic origin point is a double standard and should be stopped in general, not just when trump uses it. If it's the second then people need to clarify that and not just call it racist.