• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Just reported on CNN. The reporter said while the formal invitations are not out, They are in discussion. She also said Trump specifically wants to invite PA GOP members to talk to them.

Link

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a link OP

www.cnn.com

Conversations underway about inviting Pennsylvania lawmakers to the White House

President-elect Joe Biden is moving ahead with transition plans as President Trump refuses to concede and pursues legal challenges to the election results. Follow here for the latest.

It's only illegal if there are consequences.

Also, don't expect anything to come of it. PA is going to Biden.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
"I need you all the WH so we can plan out my escape away from the state of New York".

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't he doing this to AZ, GA, and WI lawmakers with their states' closer margin of victories? MI wasn't even particularly close, almost as large as Trump's FL win that everyone calls a landslide.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't he doing this to AZ, GA, and WI lawmakers with their states' closer margin of victories? MI wasn't even particularly close, almost as large as Trump's FL win that everyone calls a landslide.

Michigan I think is 100% retaliation against Governor Whitmer

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom.
rB3Clsz59tdPtwedwf5gNyqOxH4=.gif

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Who's to say he won't? But I had this same thought last night as well. Why are they so all-in with Michigan first?

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Y'all (yinz?) in PA and MI better be calling your state legislators and demanding they uphold the election results.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what all those people who voted for Biden, but straight Republican downticket think about all this.

Hetz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this could get really serious, really quickly. I really hope people are not just laughing this off as another stupid Trump idea. He is absolutely going to go all out and pressure these people to flip the vote of their state. He will promise them anything they want. We need to take this seriously.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this could get really serious, really quickly. I really hope people are not just laughing this off as another stupid Trump idea. He is absolutely going to go all out and pressure these people to flip the vote of their state. He will promise them anything they want. We need to take this seriously.

I'd take it more seriously if Trump and his cronies were competent and good at their jobs.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Free Mar-A-Lago memberships for anyone who forces their state electorate to ignore the will of the popular vote!

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump may want to overturn the election, but Trump wants a lot of things. You're going to have to explain to me how, given the laws that exist and the powers these legislators have, how they get from where they are now to that result before I'm going to start worrying about it.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I wont be convinced that the US (& the world) is safe from Trump until he is literally dead or in prison. It's so messed up that someone so fucking stupid can be so dangerous.

Hetz

Oct 27, 2017

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

"Just FYI, after 48 hours of high-level conversations with Michigan Rs & Ds, it's clear the results will stand. Joe Biden will receive the state's 16 electoral votes. There is no alternative under MI statute. This Trump/Michigan GOP meeting is a sideshow on par w/ Rudy's presser. "
Yep. People don't need panic about this. It's disgusting that it's happening at all, but nothing will be overturned.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is all just to do as much as possible to keep all eyes on this and not the catastrophic COVID numbers.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's retaliation or a coup. It's not about trying to overturn the election anymore. Concession is the only card that Trump still holds. Delaying the transition and sowing confusion like this is his attempt to make his concession even more valuable than it already is, by showing how much damage he can do for the next two months. He wants something for that concession. Likely promises to drop prosecutions and lawsuits that he knows he'll lose. That's really the only thing that makes sense to me. Trump only cares about himself, but he knows he's not going to win, so this is about saving his skin.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
He gets PA and MI to flip, he's still 270-268 in favor of Biden. Biden still wins. And he's getting neither.

Don't get me wrong, this is a total fucking coup attempt, but Trump is done as president in January 2021.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Imagine if he and the GOP had put this much effort into covid prep, stimulus relief, covid protections.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
He gets PA and MI to flip, he's still 270-268 in favor of Biden. Biden still wins. And he's getting neither.

Don't get me wrong, this is a total fucking coup attempt, but Trump is done as president in January 2021.
If he gets any of them to flip he's damaged democracy badly enough that he can essentially do whatever he wants. All bets are off at that point. It's not particularly likely but him having any degree of success in this would be apocalyptic.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Just imagine thinking that this is how an honorable person behaves. That the entire GOP hasn't stepped in to stop these games is pretty terrifying. Why haven't they all just thrown him under the bus, is there a logistical reason?

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California

Thisisme

Apr 14, 2018
I think the overwhelming likelihood is that this will not succeed, but it scares me to think what might have happened if the election were closer with Biden still winning. A future GOP presidential campaign could try the same things.

Oct 27, 2017
This is all a sideshow in a legal sense. There are no legal pathways to obstructing certification in both MI and PA. He is just trying to sow discord and distrust and "get back at those damn libs", which should in itself result in removal from office and being charged with sedition/treason if the world was a just place.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Who's to say he won't? But I had this same thought last night as well. Why are they so all-in with Michigan first?
I've come around to Haberman's view on strategy, there is no strategy, just an attempt to sow chaos Littlefinger style.

While there are Republican legislative majorities in WI and MI, neither have the ability to overturn a gubernatorial veto which eliminates any real option to mess with electors.

The fact that folks have to spend energy on this is taxing itself.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is all a sideshow in a legal sense. There are no legal pathways to obstructing certification in both MI and PA. He is just trying to sow discord and distrust and "get back at those damn libs", which should in itself result in removal from office and being charged with sedition/treason if the world was a just place.
God I wish

Spock

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): trolling
Trump may want to overturn the election, but Trump wants a lot of things. You're going to have to explain to me how, given the laws that exist and the powers these legislators have, how they get from where they are now to that result before I'm going to start worrying about it.

The clock is ticking but this popped out to me earlier as a possible path, based on where things currently stand and what is currently being done.

Meaning how it seems like they're looking to amplify the statistical and data irregularity claims atm.

-Trump meets with key Republicans.

-Trump presents an argument along with whatever the f*** showing evidence to some degree that the election results contain irregularities or whatever he wants to call them.

-Trump's argument is that he needs much more time to analyze the data more closely and sufficiently, in order to make his case in court, given that they barely have scratched the surface in regards to the statistical and analytical data anomalies.

-At this point he just needs to get those Republicans to buy into this argument. Then they would probably sell it to the rest of the party.

-The court rulings become irrelevant as well as certification dates because Trump and the Republican party feel there is sufficient evidence that warrants him being given extra time.

-Any push back by the Democrats could be spun that they are in such a rush because they know that if they give the Republicans the extra time they will be able to show sufficient problems with the data or something like that.

And for the love of Christ I'm not doom posting. I'm just modeling possible scenarios. Not saying it will happen this way, but trying to think how it could legit play out.