• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
We got that gem when he said lets inject ourselves with bleach and pour UV light into our bodies at one of these.

Last edited:

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Networks and news stations should not carry these live as they will undoubtedly be campaign events full of bullshit.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Didn't they cancel one of his rallies recently? He's bored.

One and done.

Baby cant do his fucking rallies anymore (which will be fatal for his relection but that's another tank in numbers that will come soon enough) so he needs a televised quasi rally so his ego, and his debased wants and needs, have an outlet to soak up his attention. Plus it will distract him and give him something to play with for a while.

His new campaign manager doesn't give a shit and dialling this in because he goes back to the very thing that sank him in the first place. He is putting this shit on autopilot to disaster whilst collecting that swwt grifter paycheck.

Those who think this is about the potential vaccine are off the mark, at best it wont be given to the general populace until next year. Med workers and elderly will come first. Wont help the enormous death toll wave that's about to hit the US in the weeks and months ahead, wont help the and wont help the economic ruin that keeps rolling around and around the country.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
So obviously the play here is we're starting to get into some good news around vaccines and therapeutics and this is his chance to take credit/be the bearer of good news.

I'm hoping it backfires quickly though.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
Plan seems pretty clear, now that they have control over medical reporting they will put on these briefings, showing how well we're doing all while burying the real numbers.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason to watch these are for the hilarious encounters with the press as they piss Trump off and watch him whine like a baby. Other than that they're useless.

Gabe323

Oct 18, 2019
What's he going to do without New York to shit on the entire time? California is up there but still better off than the worst red states I think? No way in hell he's going to talk shit about the red state Governors.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I for one can't wait. His polling drop was initially due in no small part to his behavior during these airings and this time will do him no favors either. Given his narcissism I'm sure he thinks this will be a good substitute for him not being able to hold rallies but we all know it won't be. He'll be laughed at and his numbers will fall even more precipitously

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
CNN reporting that no task force members will be joining Trump at today's press event. If you put money on these being campaign pressers, you might be right.

"
No task force members are currently expected to join President Trump at today's 5 p.m. ET news conference, a person familiar with the plan tells CNN, who cautioned that could change. Trump is expected to hold these briefings a few times a week but not on a daily basis like he was earlier in the pandemic.

There's still an internal split over whether Trump should take the stage, with some aides reminding others how hard they fought to convince Trump to end the briefings after the disastrous one in April about disinfectants.

It caused some confusion inside the West Wing over whether the press secretary should hold a separate briefing as well given the President's will obviously overshadow hers.

CNN's Sanjay Gupta reported earlier that as of early Tuesday morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN that he and Dr. Deborah Birx have still not been told whether they will be in attendance at today's briefing at the White House."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I for one can't wait. His polling drop was initially due in no small part to his behavior during these airings and this time will do him no favors either. Given his narcissism I'm sure he thinks this will be a good substitute for him not being able to hold rallies but we all know it won't be. He'll be laughed at and his numbers will fall even more precipitously
if anything he has gotten worse since the first ones. Esepcially after his rally going over like a wet fart

Oct 30, 2017
t1595365200z1.png

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure on what I would prefer the networks to do. Either not cover these at all the second it becomes apparent they're basically campaign rallies with no relevance to the pandemic, or leave him on air ranting. As has already been pointed out, his performance during season 1 of these briefings played a role in his cratering poll numbers.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
He doesn't need his platform. They shouldn't air it. It only does harm to the country no matter how "funny" it is.

Oct 29, 2017
CNN reporting that no task force members will be joining Trump at today's press event. If you put money on these being campaign pressers, you might be right.

"
No task force members are currently expected to join President Trump at today's 5 p.m. ET news conference, a person familiar with the plan tells CNN, who cautioned that could change. Trump is expected to hold these briefings a few times a week but not on a daily basis like he was earlier in the pandemic.

There's still an internal split over whether Trump should take the stage, with some aides reminding others how hard they fought to convince Trump to end the briefings after the disastrous one in April about disinfectants.

It caused some confusion inside the West Wing over whether the press secretary should hold a separate briefing as well given the President's will obviously overshadow hers.

CNN's Sanjay Gupta reported earlier that as of early Tuesday morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci told CNN that he and Dr. Deborah Birx have still not been told whether they will be in attendance at today's briefing at the White House."

Okay, so it'll definitely be 1/3 Covid and 2/3 campaign rally.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
He doesn't need his platform. They shouldn't air it. It only does harm to the country no matter how "funny" it is.
No, people need to see this. If it looks bad on air then it's just as bad in the White House. The actual journalists will fact check and the other ones would never have declined to air it on moral grounds anyway.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Not sure on what I would prefer the networks to do. Either not cover these at all the second it becomes apparent they're basically campaign rallies with no relevance to the pandemic, or leave him on air ranting. As has already been pointed out, his performance during season 1 of these briefings played a role in his cratering poll numbers.

Not airing it will infuriate him. Then they can fact check his nonsense and air clips later. Win-win scenario.

3/3 All BS. They shouldn't carry it live but air it later with fact checks.

Exactly.

Oct 30, 2017
Trump's rant will probably follow his typical tangential thinking:

1. COVID testing best in world--we wouldn't have nearly the number of cases if we didn't test
2. Economy is best it's ever been in the history of the world​
3. Russia hoax​
4. I am so smart​
5. Radical left​
6. Statues​

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
No, people need to see this. If it looks bad on air then it's just as bad in the White House. The actual journalists will fact check and the other ones would never have declined to air it on moral grounds anyway.
Gotta say I disagree because it's been 4 years of this shit and declining him airtime will only bring out even more of his bullshit that can be reported on. He wants free campaign ads at dinner time and he shouldn't be offered it. As others said give him his cameras and then air it later with fact checks.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's going to be taking credit for the Oxford Vaccine and than claiming the Economy will come back. He'll start off by also saying they will start scaling back on tests since there's no need becuase everyone will be cured soon.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
He has done executive orders coming down the pipeline. He said so during his Fox News interview. The Obamacare replacement/immigration orders are things he will want to gloat about in front of the nation. These will be press conference rallies. OAN will get a couple softball questions in there to make it look real.

There is now low that he wouldn't stoop to to win this election. Get prepared.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Gotta say I disagree because it's been 4 years of this shit and declining him airtime will only bring out even more of his bullshit that can be reported on. He wants free campaign ads at dinner time and he shouldn't be offered it. As others said give him his cameras and then air it later with fact checks.
Right, if you only intended to say that outlets shouldn't air it live then I agree. But I don't agree with the idea that they shouldn't air it at all.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
If its anything like last weeks Rose Garden speech, CNN will cut away at the first mention of Biden.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's rant will probably follow his typical tangential thinking:

1. COVID testing best in world--we wouldn't have nearly the number of cases if we didn't test
2. Economy is best it's ever been in the history of the world​
3. Russia hoax​
4. I am so smart​
5. Radical left​
6. Statues​

This. But the order all jumbled up and randomly delivered so none of it makes any sense whatsoever.

Oct 25, 2017
The more Trump is on camera regarding the virus, the more it hurts his numbers. And I don't think airing it or not airing it shifts his 38% floor base in either direction.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Will he actually have a coherent and unifying message because his handlers finally convinced him that it will be the only way he can remotely have a chance to win in november?

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

Paula Reid @PaulaReidCBS · 16m
Dr. Fauci tells me he hasn't heard anything about attending President Trump's 5pm COVID briefing.