• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
The Muslim Ban, kids in cages, Stormy Daniels, David Pecker, Michael Flynn, the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, the Mueller Report, etc.. These scandals come and go so at such a rapid pace I feel numb at this point. Not to sound pessimistic, but is there reason to believe that this will be a turning point when the Mueller Report already feels light years away? His administration has such a high turn over rate among his staff that you could win multiple times on the same bingo card.

Also, did the GOP believe they could reign him in, or is this current timeline/scandal spot on among republicans seeking to profit from this administration while the going was good?
This feels different because he admitted it on tape so he can't deny he did it. Polls are showing increased approval for impeachment, the story is very easy to follow, but I think the biggest thing for me is so many people in his inner circle are implicated. Even if he isn't removed from office this seems like something that (baring Barr's fuckery) could led to criminal charges for his inner circle.

For anyone with a brain it's very clear to see his behavior was criminal and not in the national interest. When Devin Nunes can't defend Trump's fuckery there is a problem.

OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
The flakiest Republican thinks it could be 35...

Of course they're all cowards who are currently claiming to not even have read the (8-9 page) report, and there's no way Mitch would let them cast a secret ballot on conviction so that seems moot

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Okay, this is off topic but since there's about 1,000,000 twitter posts in this thread, does anyone know why I can't see them? All the twitter posts on Era show up as just an image of the bird for me, and that's been the case for a good year or so now.

That had also happened to me earlier from using FireFox, & I've made a thread about it trying to get help for it.

I tried everything possible from what the posters have told me, but to no avail. Then, I found the answer. See below.

Link.

I was able to do that while still keeping my secure connection & most of the content blocking protection on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
I feel like that whistleblower memo and its handling, to varying degrees, demands investigations into:

Trump
Giuliani
Barr
DNI
White House Counsel
White House Staff that knowingly misfiled transcripts
The CIA
DOJ Officials involved in not forwarding the complaint to Congress
State Department Officials working with Rudy

This truly goes wide and deep.
Pence: met with Zelensky and pushed the same line ("corruption" is the Ukraine equivalent of Russia's "adoptions")
Mulvaney: placed a hold on nearly $400 million in military aid to Ukraine
Pompeo: Rudy is pulling the State Department deeper and deeper into this
Kurt Volker: see Rudy's phone

Also there is a 0.0% chance Jared Kushner isn't somehow mixed up in all this...

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That had also happened to me earlier from using FireFox, & I've made a thread about it trying to get help for it.

I tried everything possible from what the posters have told me, but to no avail. Then, I found the answer. See below.

Link.

I was able to do that while still keeping my secure connection & most of the content blocking protection on.

You're a hero, Duck Duck Go Privacy Essentials was the issue.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I just hope gilbert gottfried isnt caught up in all this since he is jared kushners voice.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The Giuliani plan seems to be "everyone was involved, from top top bottom, what are you gonna do, arrest all of us?"

It still amazes me that a guy like Trump can get dozens of people to go to bat for him for something like this, and then tear each other to bits instead of just coming clean about Trump himself. Kind of a good analogy for the relationship of the nation's wealthy to rural America.

FYI Pompeo finally went on the record:

Pompeo said he had not yet read the entire whistleblower complaint, but defended what he'd "seen so far."

"To the best of my knowledge, so from what I've seen so far, each of the actions that were undertaken by State Department officials was entirely appropriate and consistent with the objective that we've had," he said, which is "to tighten our relationship [and] to help end corruption in Ukraine."

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
There's so much corruption in our government that is hard to keep up now. So are they using the "too many of us are in this mess that it's impossible to arrest all of us" strategy. This is crazy....

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I mean I've been one of those "nothing will happen" people but now this really is getting totally ridiculous. Trump and his cronies are so obviously corrupt and too incompetent to cover their tracks. How can he honestly survive this politically?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I've been one of those "nothing will happen" people but now this really is getting totally ridiculous. Trump and his cronies are so obviously corrupt and too incompetent to cover their tracks. How can he honestly survive this politically?
Impeach and investigate them all. Which it seems we are on our way of doing currently.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
John Oliver was right.

'Stupid Watergate'

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So guys, ready for President Pelosi?

The best part is that since she doesn't want to be President, she can spend the remaining months to fix everything so the next Democrat wouldn't have to and then she resumes being Speaker, if that works.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

The best part is that since she doesn't want to be President, she can spend the remaining months to fix everything so the next Democrat wouldn't have to and then she resumes being Speaker, if that works.
Unfortunately I think it's more likely Dumb Fuck stays in office until the end of his term. Hopefully in a lame duck capacity.

Then again, I can see Trump doing more insanely illegal shit in response to all of this that requires the Senate to finally wrestle the presidency away from him. But that would require Republicans to grow a spine, unless they're happy to be his personal bitch until the very end.

Motherfucker is so stupid and unpredictable that it's hard to know what will happen week to week. I can't predict anything with confidence.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I am continuously shocked that anyone believes for a second the senate will turn on Trump. It would mean the end of the GOP.

But this will still be wildly damaging, so it's cool.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I am continuously shocked that anyone believes for a second the senate will turn on Trump. It would mean the end of the GOP.

But this will still be wildly damaging, so it's cool.
Depending on what's on the server/what else is uncovered during impeachment, it could end up being more damaging for the GOP to stick with Trump, in the long run. At some point they may need to cut their losses and regroup.

But that's only if there are more smoking guns like this one.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Depending on what's on the server/what else is uncovered during impeachment, it could end up being more damaging for the GOP to stick with Trump, in the long run. At some point they may need to cut their losses and regroup.

But that's only if there are more smoking guns like this one.
I don't think that level of damning is really possible, minus literal pee tapes or audio with something along the lines of "fuck the United States of America". The GOP's base is bought in, it's a cult. Their leader can do no wrong, and if anything seems to show that, it's fake, or an attack by the deep state.

The GOP abandoning Trump means their entire base fractures, and that's one thing keeping the GOP afloat: unity. They're done, probably forever, if that happens.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I don't think that level of damning is really possible, minus literal pee tapes or audio with something along the lines of "fuck the United States of America". The GOP's base is bought in, it's a cult. Their leader can do no wrong, and if anything seems to show that, it's fake, or an attack by the deep state.

The GOP abandoning Trump means their entire base fractures, and that's one thing keeping the GOP afloat: unity. They're done, probably forever, if that happens.
I think you're greatly overestimating what kind of effect it would have on the GOP if they turned against Trump.

It's a 2 party system. Conservatives and right wing dick heads are still going to check that R box no matter what. They aren't voting Dem. So, yeah. It would hurt them in the immediate future but that would be relatively short lived.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're greatly overestimating what kind of effect it would have on the GOP if they turned against Trump.

It's a 2 party system. Conservatives and right wing dick heads are still going to check that R box no matter what. They aren't voting Dem. So, yeah. It would hurt them in the immediate future but that would be relatively short lived.
Well, agree to disagree; I just don't think it's possible. Republicans are furious at *any* GOP member who dares step outside the prescribed marching orders, and I think they just wouldn't show up in numbers to vote for anyone who betrayed their god-king.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Giuliani plan seems to be "everyone was involved, from top top bottom, what are you gonna do, arrest all of us?"

It still amazes me that a guy like Trump can get dozens of people to go to bat for him for something like this, and then tear each other to bits instead of just coming clean about Trump himself. Kind of a good analogy for the relationship of the nation's wealthy to rural America.

FYI Pompeo finally went on the record:

Never gonna be senator now~~

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

We already have audio of closed door meetings/no doubt we'll get more, and impeachment proceedings/investigation hasn't even started, in terms of delivering evidence.

If their constituents start to turn on Trump, they'll have no choice but to abandon him. I'm not saying that will happen, but we're already seeing panic within their party and nothing has been investigated.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We already have audio of closed door meetings/no doubt we'll get more, and impeachment proceedings/investigation hasn't even started, in terms of delivering evidence.

If their constituents start to turn on Trump, they'll have no choice but to abandon him. I'm not saying that will happen, but we're already seeing panic within their party and nothing has been investigated.
I'm just saying nothing moves that needle significantly. I'd be shocked if I ever saw the 538 polling aggregate drop below 37 in this presidency (it's 42.8% right now). Sure hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

(Not that 37 percent wouldn't be fucking awesome, but it's not a level I think the GOP abandons him at. It was around that level a year ago.)

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

lol I think having to reluctantly take up the Oval Office is a good way to cap her career as speaker, but we'll see if the Dems are able to bring up a suitable replacement for her after 2020

this is all so unprecedented, certainly not a done deal but crazy that we can now entertain the idea of a President Pelosi

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
"They cannot arrest a president and vice president for the same crime."

how-to-tell-the-president-youre-fired-1.jpg

Pence: Are you sure?

Trump: That's what it said on Ask Jeeves.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm just saying nothing moves that needle significantly. I'd be shocked if I ever saw the 538 polling aggregate drop below 37 in this presidency (it's 42.8% right now). Sure hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

(Not that 37 percent wouldn't be fucking awesome, but it's not a level I think the GOP abandons him at. It was around that level a year ago.)
That's the thing, I don't think it's true. But up until this point, stuff has been made out to be subjective (ie the Mueller report). But if we have multiple smoking guns, it's going to be harder and harder for significant portions of the republican party to ignore.

There will always be a percentage that will be with him till the end. But those folks don't make up all of the republican party.

Feep

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing, I don't think it's true. But up until this point, stuff has been made out to be subjective (ie the Mueller report). But if we have multiple smoking guns, it's going to be harder and harder for significant portions of the republican party to ignore.

There will always be a percentage that will be with him till the end. But those folks don't make up all of the republican party.
Well, I can just say, I hope you are very right and I am very wrong. Let's find out!

OP
OP
xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
It's really a shame that Trump never made Rudy our Cyber Czar... remember when he claimed his Twitter account was hacked because he tweeted out a broken link?

Wait so where is Rudy heading now if NOT to that Kremlin sponsored conference in Armenia?

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
It's really a shame that Trump never made Rudy our Cyber Czar... remember when he claimed his Twitter account was hacked because he tweeted out a broken link?

Wait so where is Rudy heading now if NOT to that Kremlin sponsored conference in Armenia?

New York? Seems a bit of a leap just because he is at an airport but who knows these days.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This is one of those things where you can certainly say that this is stupid, but it's hard to pin down where the stupid started. Either he knew and this stupid excuse is a limp lie, or he didn't and this idiotic excuse is the truth.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Guessing back to NYC, since Reagan mostly is used on domestic routes to and from DC. International flights primarily go to Dulles.