• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He legitimately has the signs of narcissistic personality disorder.

It's usually incredibly bad form to diagnose by observation or impugn someone's mental health or make light of mental illness. The first people to tell you this are usually psychiatric professionals who are trained to recognize the seriousness of symptoms.

Declaring the president may have a serious psychiatric disorder without any professional insight is a very irresponsible and dangerous thing to do.

Usually...

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they realize that every week they claim X number of deaths was the limit that sound bite and video clip gets saved. We can string it all together and see how the lie grows every month once the ads start rolling in battleground states.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Trump and Bolsonaro are really the same, it is incredible how both act so similar

Yamajian

Oct 30, 2017
3 months later

"You know, when I said 60,000 back then, I was really thinking 100,000. I hope it wouldn't, but I always knew it would be at least 100,000. We have done some great things to be at that number. Can you imagine if Crooked Hillary was here? Probably be 200,000. "

Nov 7, 2017
Trump and Bolsonaro are really the same, it is incredible how both act so similar
People with NPD are predictable in their responses to most things. If you just see everything they do as protecting the delicate self-image they've created it all makes sense. Trump is just constantly frantically trying to avoid any admission that he's a fuckup, and will do whatever it takes including outright denying something he said hours earlier to maintain that facade.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I wish it were safe to protest because I'd really love to see the largest anti-Trump protest in this nation's history.

At least it would get him to denounce protesting.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does this force Trump supporters to all claim that it was Biden who said it was a hoax, and only Democrats don't take it seriously, but Republicans always knew it was going to be bad, and have been fighting with liberals this whole time to treat this epidemic more seriously?

Does Trump saying this at least force Republicans in the general public to at least pretend they knew it was going to be serious the whole time?
Hah! They changed to "we never said it was a hoax" forever ago. This will just add to the lie they tell themselves (and everyone else...).

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
People with NPD are predictable in their responses to most things. If you just see everything they do as protecting the delicate self-image they've created it all makes sense. Trump is just constantly frantically trying to avoid any admission that he's a fuckup, and will do whatever it takes including outright denying something he said hours earlier to maintain that facade.

Which is hilarious because him trying to not look like a fuck up almost invariably to him fucking up even worse.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
As a non American, can Americans please do the right thing and vote this POS out of the white house this year? If he stays in office, I can't imagine how many Americans will die needlessly because of him.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Hah! They changed to "we never said it was a hoax" forever ago. This will just add to the lie they tell themselves (and everyone else...).

I guess this means they're probably super angry at Biden, Hillary or Obama for insisting the coronavirus was nothing and that it would go away by itself, like the flu. And then how the "lamestream media" had the gall to computer generate those same quotes and make it out like Trump was saying them. AND THEN, go back and create social media lies and Internet articles all consistently on timelines claiming that Trump actually said these things, when they all remember his saying, "This is serious but the Democrats are stopping me, and creating fake media about claiming it's nothing even as we speak! Don't believe the lies!"

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
The death toll would probably be much lower if you were a competent leader, you turd.

Ugh he makes me so mad.

Nov 1, 2017
It's usually incredibly bad form to diagnose by observation or impugn someone's mental health or make light of mental illness. The first people to tell you this are usually psychiatric professionals who are trained to recognize the seriousness of symptoms.

Declaring the president may have a serious psychiatric disorder without any professional insight is a very irresponsible and dangerous thing to do.

Usually...

Oh believe me I know. I can't diagnose him as having it.

But I can definitely say from experience assessing people for mental health diagnoses and observing the condition first hand, that the signs there would likely mean clinicians would want to examine the possibility after I passed them my notes.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh believe me I know. I can't diagnose him as having it.

But I can definitely say from experience assessing people for mental health diagnoses and observing the condition first hand, that the signs there would likely mean clinicians would want to examine the possibility after I passed them my notes.

It's amazing that anyone has to dance around it at this point. The GOP has to be reminded of this craven dangerous horesshit from now till doomsday - which they may actually accelerate...

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expect the gaslighting to be turned up to 11 now.

I mean the guy tried to claim that staying home was MORE dangerous because people die at home all the time from things like suicide. Yet that barely ranked as newsworthy. We had to wait till he directly suggested injecting bleach and sunlight would work.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the guy tried to claim that staying home was MORE dangerous because people die at home all the time from things like suicide. Yet that barely ranked as newsworthy. We had to wait till he directly suggested injecting bleach and sunlight would work.
Knowing that November is still so far away and just thinking about the sheer amount of preventable deaths due to his incompetence that will happen between then and now is frankly the most horrific thing about this fiasco.

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
Always felt my ass. He said before this all started that the US had 15 cases and would soon be zero. He said it would magically disappear. He is a pathological liar and I'm sure we all know this.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I legit want them to sit some trumpers down, show them the tape of what he said in February and watch them react.

The mental gymnastics would make great television.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
would anyone be surprised if by fall 40% of americans believed clinton invented coronavirus?

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
Wasn't 60k what they were originally expecting by August? It did that in April alone and with a bunch of states opening up to varying degrees there is no reason to expect that to slow down.

I wouldn't be surprised if the death toll is 200-250k by August.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I always felt that way except for when I said it was 15 cases going down to zero anyway I'm thinking Easter which is a very special day for me.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is very important!

In the UK right now we're officially at 30k something Covid deaths...BUT our actual excess deaths i.e. the total number of deaths less a 5 year average, is 50k. That's based on factual data from every registered death in the UK.

"something" mysterious has resulted in an extra 20k deaths that aren't officially included in any of the Covid figures (Covid not mentioned on death certificate etc).

The UK may have been slow to lock down, but USA has been worse and has roughly 5 times our population. USA could easily hit either 150k reported deaths or 250k "excess" deaths, just from scaling up our figures.

If it does genuinely re-open parts of itself then it could be much much higher.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The people who are going to practice social distancing the least are his most dedicated supporters. Also, it's gonna be somewhat higher than 65 thousand? We passed that days ago. We're gonna hit 100 thousand in May easily especially with everywhere reopening for some reason.

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah as a non American please America do the right thing vote this incompetent twat out

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I legit want them to sit some trumpers down, show them the tape of what he said in February and watch them react.

The mental gymnastics would make great television.
They do the same thing they always do, "what he meat to say was..." and then blame you for Trump being an idiot and constantly saying stupid shit.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
he hasnt done ANYTHING though. god damn people are stupid.

Yeah, and while I think it's important to keep on Trump. He's not the real problem. The issues really exist with the millions of people who still continually support and encourage his idiocy.

It's easier to blame the guy at top then do real self-reflection as a nation on the real things holding y'all back. The racist tea party types existed long before trump and they'll exist once he's out of power.

And I get why privileged entitled blue-collar lower/middle-class types would vote for him over Clinton, even if their logic was stupid. But in 2020? Nah, fam. You'll never get anywhere as a nation unless you figure this shit out.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017

So my big fear is that as the pandemic worsens it will be less politically advantageous to do the testing and report the actual number of deaths for a lot of governors.

Basically a lack of testing is less damaging to these politicians than the actual body count which the media and critics use to hammer them. Plus it would let them and their voters be able to stick their head in the sand and say that everything is fine.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably just the beginning Trump. Your personal lack of intelligence and all overshadowing narcissism will probably kill hundreds of thousands of people.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So my big fear is that as the pandemic worsens it will be less politically advantageous to do the testing and report the actual number of deaths for a lot of governors.

Basically a lack of testing is less damaging to these politicians than the actual body count which the media and critics use to hammer them. Plus it would let them and their voters be able to stick their head in the sand and say that everything is fine.

This is already happening. The state of Floriday instructed coroners to stop reporting death two weeks ago so that the numbers only come from DeSantis's administration.

thehill.com

Florida ordered coroners to stop releasing coronavirus death data: report

Florida officials have reportedly withheld medical examiners’ data on coronavirus deaths in the state for over a week, with the policy changing shortly after the Tampa Bay Times reported that …

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
This is already happening. The state of Floriday instructed coroners to stop reporting death two weeks ago so that the numbers only come from DeSantis's administration.

thehill.com

Florida ordered coroners to stop releasing coronavirus death data: report

Florida officials have reportedly withheld medical examiners’ data on coronavirus deaths in the state for over a week, with the policy changing shortly after the Tampa Bay Times reported that …
That'll work for a little bit, but eventually it'll get too big to cover up.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Giant protests every once in a while, which then fade into the distance, may be more accurate. And yet there seems to be a sense of complacency about it, IMO.

When comparing to the energy, consistency and organization of somewhere like Hong Kong, you cannot truly call them protests for democratic freedom. Especially when on the other hand, there seems to be more of an unnecessary type of protest where you see gun toting wackos storming government establishments for no real reason.

Regarding the getting the Republicans out of office, it's just odd that doesn't occur as easily as other countries(the few last progressive strongholds that is), that vote out or react strongly against right wing evil bastards.

Protests where? The capitals are liberal strongholds with liberal leaders. Not going to be able to get everyone to fly 4k kilometers to DC. Also the reason conservatives dig in is that rural areas are conservative strongholds that have fill in a lot of the national leadership.

HK is 80km2 total and no one wanted their leadership. Don't know why you would compare the situations

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Why is he social distancing himself? If its not a big deal, shouldn't he be right next to the interviewer?