• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
People need to stop being surprised whenever someone who isn't White supports Trump. There's a depressingly lot of Puerto Ricans (even those who live on the island) who support Trump, and who parrot the *exact* same talking points that you'd expect from English-speaking Conservatives, only in Spanish. There's something fundamentally wrong with Conservatives, and it transcends race, gender, and social status.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off Kurt!!!!:

Washington Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki says he was "just trying to have some fun" wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat at the team's World Series championship ceremony at the White House with President Donald Trump on Monday.

"It was amazing. That was the president. Just trying to have some fun," Suzuki told USA TODAY Sports in a text message after the team's visit on Monday.

"Everybody makes everything political. It was about our team winning the World Series," Suzuki said in another text.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
jvUmYwo.png

Don looks legit ecstatic that this dude is supporting him. His ego needed something to cling to after all that booing.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
People need to stop being surprised whenever someone who isn't White supports Trump. There's a depressingly lot of Puerto Ricans (even those who live on the island) who support Trump, and who parrot the *exact* same talking points that you'd expect from English-speaking Conservatives, only in Spanish. There's something fundamentally wrong with Conservatives, and it transcends race, gender, and social status.
There are latinx in America, who support Trump and even want the Wall. Some aren't here legal either. The human race is full of morons.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

People would be surprised of how many right-wing Mexicans defends and excuse a lot of what Trump does. I know a couple who actually called him: "one of the best presidents US have ever had"

Last edited:

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can just imagine Suzuki at the plate next season, and the pitcher on the mound is Mexican immigrant who's family has been affected by Trump's policies one way or another. The pitcher remembers this moment at the WH, and puts a 96 MPH fastball right in Suzuki's rib cage. The pitcher is ejected from the game to a standing ovation.

I so want this to happen.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I can just imagine Suzuki at the plate next season, and the pitcher on the mound is Mexican immigrant who's family has been affected by Trump's policies one way or another. The pitcher remembers this moment at the WH, and puts a 96 MPH fastball right in Suzuki's rib cage. The pitcher is ejected from the game to a standing ovation.

When pitcher is interviewed: "There were no politics involved just trying to have some fun on opening day"

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
People would be surprised of how many right-wing Mexicans defends and excuse a lot of what Trump does. I know a couple who actually call them, one of the best presidents US have ever had.
My wife's cousin, who is Puerto Rican, invited us to visit with her and her Peruvian husband in New Jersey shortly after we'd moved to the US. Just in the 2 days were there:
  • She told us she didn't like going to Trenton, NJ because "it's full of black people".
  • They calmly explained to us that they lived in the nice part of town, and that the police patrols made sure the black folks a couple of streets down stayed in "their part of town".
  • Her husband got visibly offended when I told him I didn't want to take a picture in front of Trump Tower because I didn't want anything to do with Trump. He said "Trump is the best President the US has ever had". Then he proceeded to brag that he could make a reservation to stay at Trump Tower the very next day if he wanted.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
My wife's cousin, who is Puerto Rican, invited us to visit with her and her Peruvian husband in New Jersey shortly after we'd moved to the US. Just in the 2 days were there:
  • She told us she didn't like going to Trenton, NJ because "it's full of black people".
  • They calmly explained to us that they lived in the nice part of town, and that the police patrols made sure the black folks a couple of streets down stayed in "their part of town".
  • Her husband got visibly offended when I told him I didn't want to take a picture in front of Trump Tower because I didn't want anything to do with Trump. He said "Trump is the best President the US has ever had". Then he proceeded to brag that he could make a reservation to stay at Trump Tower the very next day if he wanted.

Yup. I remember 2 coworkers saying how Trump never actually said that Mexicans were rapers and murderers, and that all that was the just media lying, and that it's not his fault if some crazy (white) dude makes something evil due his rhetoric. Even another coworker who's very religious and kinda right-wing was dumbfounded and got into an argument with them.

It's some crazy shit, I tell you.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People would be surprised of how many right-wing Mexicans defends and excuse a lot of what Trump does. I know a couple who actually called him: "one of the best presidents US have ever had"

WTF?!?! So let me guess, they wouldn't care if they got arrested by ICE and deported back to Mexico due to Trump's immigration policies.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
WTF?!?! So let me guess, they wouldn't care if they got arrested by ICE and deported back to Mexico due to Trump's immigration policies.

Dude, this is people living in Mexico, defending Trump immigration policies ("if they don't wanna be separated from their kids, they shouldn't cross the border"). Excusing any consequence for Trump's rhetoric ("Nah, he's not to blame in all this racist shootings") and using the "Fake news" card every time Trumps says some racist shit ("He never said that Mexicans were rapist and thieves. The media edited that").

To quote myself: "It's some crazy shit, I tell you."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Trump Uses Kurt Suzuki As Human Shield against Criticism of Racism"

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The most surprising thing to me, and something I still haven't wrapped my head around, is how *fast* they propagate their talking points outside the Anglosphere. Hispanic Conservatives will parrot an almost word-for-word translation of the exact same talking points American Conservatives last got from Fox News. It's not like with Progressive ideas, which take some time to spread and become popular within Hispanic leftist circles; the right-wing propaganda flows down *instantly*.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Baseball/Nascar/Trump Voters. Theres a big overlap.

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The most surprising thing to me, and something I still haven't wrapped my head around, is how *fast* they propagate their talking points outside the Anglosphere. Hispanic Conservatives will parrot an almost word-for-word translation of the exact same talking points American Conservatives last got from Fox News.

Is there a Hispanic version of Fox News that is translating the Fox News talking points?

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
My Japanese wife was so pissed when she read the news about Suzuki. Trash.
And why did the people of color on the team (esp the Hispanics) even show up? Smh
Because Dominicans have a long history of not accepting their African heritage and not liking blacks in general. There is saying among some Dominicans in the states "I'm not black, I'm Dominican" Many 1st generation Dominicans are told not to date Black girls or guys because the parents don't want grandkids with "bad hair" Is fucking nuts. I heard it many times(and told)as a kid. Not many years ago the Dominican government was ready to deport anyone who is black to Haiti if they couldn't prove they were born on the island. Mind you, a lot of people are born in the slums and countryside were they give birth at home in their village, not hospitals. So even if you are a native they were ready to deport anyone who is black. Also, we had a dictator who wanted to make the country white during WW1 and during that time the Parsley Massacre happened.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to brush it off with "everything makes everything political" just makes him sound like an empty-headed simpleton who doesn't really understand much about the world. "It was about our team winning the World Series." You are meeting with the president of the country and you decided to put on a hat with a political slogan that has all sorts of negative connotations associated with it. That is inherently political, even if you're "just trying to have some fun". What an absolute dunce.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Because Dominicans have a long history of not accepting their African heritage and not liking blacks in general. There is saying among some Dominicans in the states "I'm not black, I'm Dominican" Many 1st generation Dominicans are told not to date Black girls or guys because the parents don't want grandkids with "bad hair" Is fucking nuts. I heard it many times(and told)as a kid. Not many years ago the Dominican government was ready to deport anyone who is black to Haiti if they couldn't prove they were born on the island. Mind you, a lot of people are born in the slums and countryside were they give birth at home in their village, not hospitals. So even if you are a native they were ready to deport anyone who is black. Also, we had a dictator who wanted to make the country white during WW1 and during that time the Parsley Massacre happened.

Wow. I had no idea about this. Thanks for sharing.
Mind you, I'm part Filipino and back home, "we" are also pretty terrible to darker skinned individuals. especially those wih curly hair.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
You can tell the quality of sports teams by whether or not they treat with Trump. Sad that the Nats choose to be trash and reject the will of their home.