• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
edit: to add for clarity, the amount would need to be paid upfront because the margin is greater than 0.25%
Because the margin is more than 0.25%, the aggrieved candidate must prepay the estimated costs of the recount at the time of requesting it.

Think he'll do it? And the money would cost the campaign, not him directly. But that's the title of the article so...
President Trump's campaign has until 6 p.m. Eastern time on Wednesday to pay $7.9 million if it wants to pursue a recount of the state's 3.2 million ballots. The Wisconsin Elections Commission announced the recount cost on Monday after receiving estimates from all 72 of the state's counties.

The estimate is about four times the cost of Wisconsin's 2016 presidential recount, which came in at around $2 million. Meagan Wolfe, Wisconsin's chief election official, said the higher bill is partly because of coronavirus protocols that need to be followed, including the "need for larger spaces to permit public observation and social distancing."

If the Trump campaign requests the recount and pays the cost upfront, a recount would begin Thursday and must be completed by Dec. 1, the commission said. Wisconsin law requires the election to be certified by the commission on Dec. 1. Unofficial results show that President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. beat Mr. Trump in Wisconsin by 20,470 votes — about 0.62 percent of the state's vote. State law requires a campaign requesting a recount to pay for it if the margin is greater than 0.25 percent.

www.nytimes.com

Presidential Transition: Biden Plans to Announce Key White House Positions on Tuesday (Published 2020)

President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr. delivered remarks on the struggling economy amid the coronavirus pandemic. He is retaining his lead over President Trump in Georgia as a hand recount there continues.

Last edited:

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
He's not going to do it because he wants to pocket the cash and KNOWS he lost.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine he will. But if he does, that's an absolute indication that he's drinking his own kool-aid.

He's far more likely to tweet that any recount would be equally corrupt and pointless. If his base is going to swallow any and all bullshit, then there's no reason to pay up. Better for Trump to pocket those sweet donations and pay off some debts.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
200_d.gif

Better to get it over with it and leave no doubts behind.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine he will. But if he does, that's an absolute indication that he's drinking his own kool-aid.

He's far more likely to tweet that any recount would be equally corrupt and pointless. If his base is going to swallow any and all bullshit, then there's no reason to pay up. Better for Trump to pocket those sweet donations and pay off some debts.

Can't he just say he needs this for the recount so he can get the facts, even if the Fake News Media reports that he's NOT doing it? Since everything the Fake News reports is fake anyway, he can just say the battle continues, but the news is getting it all wrong, as usual.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
he already said there is no point to recounts because they're counting illegal votes to begin with.

However, they will grift money from their idiot supporters and pocket the money.

GA recount had to happen as per law, the only republican win there was to do a literal hand count.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably make the campaign pay for it and when the bill comes due claim bankruptcy for the campaign, check and mate
wouldn't this make him look worse than he already does with this shit? i feel like a lot of people see him as a rich guy and coming to bankruptcy, however frivolous it may actually be, just makes him look like a broke loser.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
It doesn't appear that excess campaign money can just be pocketed by him and used for anything he wants. Would that be correct? I'm sure he could find a way to do that though, I think that's well within the realm of stuff he has no problems figuring out.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
No way he's doin' it. Broke boy wouldn't spend that money if his life depended on it. He'll just keep whining.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't appear that excess campaign money can just be pocketed by him and used for anything he wants. Would that be correct? I'm sure he could find a way to do that though, I think that's well within the realm of stuff he has no problems figuring out.
I mean, who has held this man accountable so far?

Arrakis

Oct 30, 2017
ontario,canada
wouldn't this make him look worse than he already does with this shit? i feel like a lot of people see him as a rich guy and coming to bankruptcy, however frivolous it may actually be, just makes him look like a broke loser.
The man has declared bankruptcy 6 times , convinced his supporters that bankruptcy is not failure it's genius , and is now grifting the shit out of his base so it "looks" like he didn't lose fairly so that they tune in to his new fuhrer cable news network so they can share the disappointment of not being able to lock kids in cages anymore

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
This is another good way for him to scam his rubes and have a fund raiser to drain them of even more money to line his pockets.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
Any news on how much money his presidental campaign has raised? Can he Pocket that money after January when they kick him on his ass?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I would love to see the exact break down of why the FUCK it would cost that much to begin with. What are they wanting to rent out to do these counts? Everyone gets all you can eat / drink and massages 24/7?

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
It would be nice if that money was allocated elsewhere... but fucking do it, you dumb fuck.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Any news on how much money his presidental campaign has raised? Can he Pocket that money after January when they kick him on his ass?
I was doing some basic searching on this and it appears he can't just pocket it, but there seems to be a lot it can be used for so there's a lot of potential for grey areas and prob stuff that no one will hold him accountable for.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
If he did it, it would just be good for Wisconsin's economy. However, the reality is, he wouldn't pay the Bill, and it will cost the state money that they'll never get back.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they were never going to pay for any of these. That's what sore loser laws are for

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Most of the money he's collecting from his fools is going into his pocket, and he's not reaching in there to pay for some recount.

Oct 28, 2017
If he was going to do it and believed he had a real shot in Wisconsin, he would have done it already. He will string it along and put on his little play for his base, but it is performative and nothing more.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

He's been requesting campaign donations for a while with the byline that half of the donation will go to debt relief.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Make sure he pays in full up front. He has a history of refusing to pay off he doesn't get his way.
El Paso is still waiting on the $569K or so that he owes from having a rally there back around Feb 2019. They'll never see a dime.

Never do a service for that grifter and expect to be paid later. Never.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is he really taking campaign donations into his own pocket ? Isn't that a crime and do his base know it's a scam?

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
El Paso is still waiting on the $569K or so that he owes from having a rally there back around Feb 2019. They'll never see a dime.

Never do a service for that grifter and expect to be paid later. Never.
I'll never understand how some people can go for so long without paying debts. I forget to pay my credit card for a month and my credit score starts to drop and they're calling me left and right. How does he have so much unpaid and just out there lingering to never be paid?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'll never understand how some people can go for so long without paying debts. I forget to pay my credit card for a month and my credit score starts to drop and they're calling me left and right. How does he have so much unpaid and just out there lingering to never be paid?
Did you nominate one third of the Supreme Court and one quarter of all other judges? Well then.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
He will make his donors pay, and then claim that he fell short by like a thousand dollars and go "well, the corrupt dems took your money from me and won't refund" but will keep the money of course