• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
lol the photo in the article 🤮

GJMXN1X.jpg

Should Photoshop sunglasses and moustaches on Mt. Rushmore since they wouldn't want to be seen with him.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Classic fascists talk... "Something something liberals are both weak and also all powerful. We are the toughest but also under imminent threat. We have all the power but they control everything."

Shits been played out and yet people still lap it up.

Old Facism: Controlling the populace though regressive policy and a police state.

New Facism: Preaching progressive ideals?

Give the people an enemy and claim that he will fight them for you is fascism 101.

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
I was talking about Rushmore with my dad last night and he was going on about how destroying it would be a tragedy and erasing our history, straight up compared it to China's historical censorship. I asked him if he thought this meant people were trying to remove the founding fathers from history books too and he said yes, this is "the first step toward Marxism", and that we're heading toward full-blown communist dictatorship

I don't know why I talk politics with my dad

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still very certain that either by stupidity or election tampering....there is no way Trump loses in the fall.

I'm now seeing a movement to try and elect a third party libertarian instead of Biden or Trump....that'll help things, I'm sure.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

Woodbeam

May 6, 2019
One small silver lining of this absurdly hideous event was that it caused me to learn about the racist origins of the Mt. Rushmore monument. It was built on land given by treaty to the Sioux, and architected by an avowed white supremacist and high ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan whose previous great achievement (which Mt. Rushmore was consciously molded after) was the Confederate monument at Stone Mountain.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm still very certain that either by stupidity or election tampering....there is no way Trump loses in the fall.

I'm now seeing a movement to try and elect a third party libertarian instead of Biden or Trump....that'll help things, I'm sure.
I'm 100% that Trump loses and takes.the senate down with him. Got no time for baseless doomsaying anymore.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As much as I've enjoyed public sentiment turning further against confederate remnants and find introspection on the sins of the founding fathers important, I personally have no appetite to take the bait on this lame culture war statue dance they're desperately trying to turn into a campaignable issue and theme for his rallies. One week it was burning the flag, now this. They have no policy goals or substantial accomplishments to base a reelection campaign on, just mindless patriotic gambits, threats and grasping at straws to see what causes a reaction and sticks in the news cycle.

I give it a month before they say democrats are attacking the anthem and must be stopped.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
So he's doubling down on the racism and the attack on the left. Will be interesting if this strategy works.

I don't think it will and I hope it doesnt.

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Uff, really hoping America still gets to vote by November as fascists really are not into giving people a choice.
More death camps coming.