• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

DEVELOPING Trump Justice Dept. asks U.S. judge to reject House Judiciary Committee request for Mueller grand jury materials, argues courts in 1974 wrongly gave Congress the Watergate grand jury 'roadmap' that led to President Nixon's impeachment.
12:09 PM · Oct 8, 2019·Twitter Web App
Retweets

Spencer Hsu

@hsu_spencer

·
3h

Replying to
@hsu_spencer
"Wow, O.K.," responded U.S. Chief District Judge Beryl A. Howell of Washington, D.C., sounding unpersuaded. "As I said, the department is taking an extraordinary position in this case."

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look, you do what you can for your client. When the client is this nutcase president, you're gonna make some wild legal arguments.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
001.jpg

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Well, Trump stole "law and order" from Nixon, so no shocker if he starts saying, "If the President does it, it must be legal."

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"I cannot think of a single circumstance under which I would appreciate a federal judge saying "wow, okay" to me."

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, never thought I would see

"The Watergate investigation was a mistake"

as a fucking take.

Good lord.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is it "wow, okay" or "okay, wow"?

In my head at least that makes a huge difference lol.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
This was their strongest argument, think about that... this is what they're reduced to. There wasn't even an attempt.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Waiting for Trump to say "you know, Hitler was not that bad of a guy...did we really have to go to war with Nazi Germany?"

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the President can't break laws or even have those crimes investigated then really refusing to leave the White House after a failed election isn't technically against the law

real2

Jan 31, 2019
If/when this clown fiesta ends, these people need to lose their bar license.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
The whole thing is even more ridiculous because it wasn't the last time impeachment happened since Nixon, when they where done with Clinton Ken Starr immediately released the deposition to congress with no objection from the administration or Clinton's AG , recommended impeachment and got it thereafter. You would have to argue that Clinton's impeachment was also bullshit and the day I hear a Republican argue that point is the day pigs will actual fly.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
So what will the judges and congress do when they still refuse after multiple failed appeals? It's not like our checks and balances system has dealt with a White House that simply refused to follow the law. The judges can't order the military to force Trump/staff/documents to show up anywhere.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
So what will the judges and congress do when they still refuse after multiple failed appeals? It's not like our checks and balances system has dealt with a White House that simply refused to follow the law. The judges can't order the military to force Trump/staff/documents to show up anywhere.
fines and imprisonment.