• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
This is a pretty embarrassing overreaction. It's a crappy edit of a scene from Kingsman meant to enrage liberals, it's not a call to arms for his base. The fact that it's getting so many riled up means it worked perfectly.
Sad thing is that we already had a shooting at a newspaper.
And I'm sorry maybe its not meant to be taken serious if only 1 insane person takes it seriously and acts on it that is enough to not have this around.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
That guy is the PotuS, wtf, even after all the madness this is still absurd. Circumstances surrounding this individual don't even feel like real life anymore.

I won't even comment on how disgusting it is joking about mass shootings given what's historically been happening in the US.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Edit it in a year to portray whoever beats him as Samuel L jackson shooting him in the head at the end.

See how the cult of trump responds.

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
Replace the journalists with the Kurds and it's almost accurate. I wonder if Trump's fans would like to face that reality.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty embarrassing overreaction. It's a crappy edit of a scene from Kingsman meant to enrage liberals, it's not a call to arms for his base. The fact that it's getting so many riled up means it worked perfectly.
Yeah I mean it's not like white supremacists are already doing weekly mass shootings, this is fine, nothing to see, just a prank, etc.

May 25, 2019
London
Yeah I mean it's not like white supremacists are already doing weekly mass shootings, this is fine, nothing to see, just a prank, etc.

Ban all violent movies, games, videos, and books then

This is a pretty poor attempt at Chuck Norris-level internet humor/edginess that would be quickly forgotten in the greater scheme of things

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Replace the journalists with the Kurds and it's almost accurate. I wonder if Trump's fans would like to face that reality.

We already got that meme.

doPygwU.jpg

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, it's not like members of his base have actually been arrested for planning to kill some of the people in this video!

May 25, 2019
London
Yeah, it's not like members of his base have actually been arrested for planning to kill some of the people in this video!

Does the video contain instructions to go do this? No, it's a stupid attempt at parodying a Kingsman scene.

His base might see this and give it a chuckle before moving on with their day, but sure, spend your time and energy screaming about it.

If the craziest parts of his base have already targeted people in this video, then they didn't need a dumb video like this to motivate them. How many people in this thread would have this video banned from the Internet but are also up in arms about Blizzard bowing to China right now?

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
As i said on Twitter, the Ironic here is off the charts!
This is a scene from Kingsman, where Samuel L Jackson's billionaire, steve jobs esq chracter thinks the way to solve climate change is to kill most of the population, so has created a new phone that he gave away for free that really could stimulate uncontrollable rage/animalistic characteristics. The Kingsman spy organisation are out to stop this, but Colin Firths character is lured to a Westbooro Baptist style church by SLJ and used in his test of the system.

So now in context the irony is clear
Trump replaces Colin Firth A FOREIGN SPY
He is then manuipulated/controlled LIKE A PUPPET along wither everyone else into killing each other,
The video ends where Firths Character survives the test (as a trained spy/assassin he would), but the scene continues where he exits the Church and is killed by the CLIMATE CHANGE ACTIVISTS

Christ they are so hungy for violent images to portray Trump as some slayer of their foes, that they chose the one Film that makes Trump the Foregin Puppet/Spy who's then killed by a Liberal Elite Climate Change Activists Billionaire
They can't even be sycophantic ass holes right and still shoot themselves in the foot.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Does the video contain instructions to go do this? No, it's a stupid attempt at parodying a Kingsman scene.

His base might see this and give it a chuckle before moving on with their day, but sure, spend your time and energy screaming about it.

If the craziest parts of his base have already targeted people in this video, then they didn't need a dumb video like this to motivate them. How many people in this thread would have this video banned from the Internet but are also up in arms about Blizzard bowing to China right now?

Who wants it banned from the Internet? Are you just putting up strawmen because you want to feel like an edgelord by defending this video?

People being outraged that the president of the country and his allies are putting up videos where he kills his political enemies /=/ people wanting it erased from existence. But you know that and just want to seem like contrarian badass. You're not.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when the president of the united states didn't post dank memes about shooting his "political enemies?"

Remember when this wasn't a near-daily occurrence?

Remember when we had standards for our leaders and weren't bending over backwards to justify some dumb playground-level bullshit because "it's just a prank bro?"

May 25, 2019
London
Who wants it banned from the Internet? Are you just putting up strawmen because you want to feel like an edgelord by defending this video?

People being outraged that the president of the country and his allies are putting up videos where he kills his political enemies /=/ people wanting it erased from existence. But you know that and just want to seem like contrarian badass. You're not.

My point is that this video is engineered to elicit a reaction from certain groups of people, and people in this thread have fallen for it like the marks they are. They knew the video would get leaked from the event (or even leaked it themselves).

The administration is currently in the midst of an impeachment fight and is lashing out in every possible way in an attempt to influence the conversation and distract from it. This is just another method of doing it. Save your outrage and energy for the bombshells that will surely come in the weeks and months to follow.

I consider this image from years ago to be much more of an issue, as it is a call to action against individuals:

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Dear USA, it's time to pull the plug on meme grandpa.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that this video is engineered to elicit a reaction from certain groups of people, and people in this thread have fallen for it like the marks they are. They knew the video would get leaked from the event (or even leaked it themselves).

The administration is currently in the midst of an impeachment fight and is lashing out in every possible way in an attempt to influence the conversation and distract from it. This is just another method of doing it. Save your outrage and energy for the bombshells that will surely come in the weeks and months to follow.

I consider this image from years ago to be much more of an issue, as it is a call to action against individuals:

What did I "fall for" exactly?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Remember when the president of the united states didn't post dank memes about shooting his "political enemies?"

Remember when this wasn't a near-daily occurrence?

Remember when we had standards for our leaders and weren't bending over backwards to justify some dumb playground-level bullshit because "it's just a prank bro?"

I miss that.

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like this isnt a good thread for you. Sure, other things might be a bigger issue. Start a thread for them?

Getting outraged at the president who calls the press the enemy of the people producing a video where he violently shoots the press is noteworthy, and worth getting angry about. Getting upset at insanely inappropriate material doesnt make someone a mark, it makes them human.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Blows my mind how you can't seem to understand how immoral and insensitive this is.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course there is a defense force for the president of the US posting memes calling for the assassination of journalists.
Because of course there is.

Deleted member 38573

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
it looks like someone had a fundamental misunderstanding of the film and far too much time on their hands.

I might've found it funny if I could separate the movie from the meme, but I can't, that church shootout is iconic, and not just for the visuals.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017

I think everyone knows this is a trolling attempt. You're not a genius for knowing this. It doesn't make it right.

"hey look I smeared shit all over your face to get a rise out of you lol, it worked. You're so dumb for getting upset lol it's joke"

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Of course there is a defense force for the president of the US posting memes calling for the assassination of journalists.
Because of course there is.

No no no they're not defending them you see.
They just want us to direct our energy to more worthwhile causes and ignore this.
Yes, they're asking us to ignore this out of their good will. Because this is just normal.
Not worth the ruckus. Not even the little bit of effort of posting disapproval in online forum.
We're falling for their tricks if we engage, ignore it. This is the new normal.

/S

It fucking depresses me how many times in so many places I come across this kind of advice.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People dismissing this like in this thread is the same exact reason why people make bombs to blow up Obama and other liberal politicians, and make people shoot Hispanics at Walmart's.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017

LoL. "I'm too meta for this, but you guys aren't!"

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

We've reached the point where you're now arguing that this video is "LOL 4D CHESS FROM THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION TO DISTRACT!"

Starting to think you have ulterior motives here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
We've already had multiple assassination attempts due to people being whipped into a frenzy by the Trump-propaganda sphere. This is so incredibly dangerous.