• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Screen_Shot_2020_07_05_at_6.25.03_PM.png

The god of heavy handed metaphors is strong with this one

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really bizarre if you think about it. By talking about it, he can try to deflect attention away from the virus.

I don't think it has anything to do wit Corona outside of what the pandemic is doing to his favor ability. His popularity is dwindling and he's too much of a self absorbed ego maniac to admit what he's doing isn't working, so he's just going to double down on it.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That could win it for him.

😔

sure if you ignore all reality, the fact that corporations and fellow republicans have been able to "read the room" and realize this ain't a winning fight, and the fact that his shitty response to George Floyd/BLM has contributed to approval and pool numbers sinking into the toilet. But aside from talk that, yeah I guess "that cold win it for him", in some sort of alternate reality.

Nilson

Nov 5, 2017
I don't know too much about nascar but I would love to see it taken over by progressive politics completely

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'm convinced he isn't merely playing to his base, this is the stuff he genuinely cares about.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get distracted. Russia. Epstein. COVID failures. That's where we should be looking.

Bingo. I'm glad the media called this shit out in the press briefer, reporters have had enough and there's no spin left. But all this does is distract a mile away from soldiers with bounties on their heads, and a President that not only knew about it, but didn't do anything about.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Bubba didn't even report the fucking noose, which was a noose, and he was the only garage who had a noose style garage pull.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Why do media continue to use soft language -- "Trump has embraced culture wars"

The word is Racism, and he's embraced it for his entire life, his whole family always has.

AP Style almost literally says "Do not do this kind of shit" in regards to using racial terms that have little to no meaning (to me, race+based in this context fits that)

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'm convinced he isn't merely playing to his base, this is the stuff he genuinely cares about.

I hope no one really thinks otherwise. You're 100% right. I mean, I know the political coverage is always analyzing "what does this really mean", but Trump isn't a politician. He's a racist asshole who only dove into politics because a black man became president. I mean, I know he said at times in the past that he wanted to be president, but that was an ego thing. He had no policies, and still has no policies, even now, except "the opposite of Obama" and "do what Putin wants".

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
sure if you ignore all reality, the fact that corporations and fellow republicans have been able to "read the room" and realize this ain't a winning fight, and the fact that his shitty response to George Floyd/BLM has contributed to approval and pool numbers sinking into the toilet. But aside from talk that, yeah I guess "that cold win it for him", in some sort of alternate reality.
I hope 100% you are right. But it's all just talk until November. I've lost trust in the American people. I know I'm seeing more Trump flags in Californianow than I did in 2016, and it's only July.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
If he is actively undoing damage control from his team, looks like he has given up is going full racist

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the leader of a country being angry that a flag for another country that spent its entire history as an openly antagonistic entity is being denigrated.

Why isn't this treason?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I hear ya. Was Trump ahead in polls in 2016?

no he was behind within the margin of victory, and eeked out a win. Current polling, however, has him getting destroyed by Biden, and he doesn't appear to be doing anything to dig himself out of that hole by playing to the base that's going to vote for him regardless. 2020 isn't 2016, for a myriad of reasons.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
no he was behind within the margin of victory, and eeked out a win. Current polling, however, has him getting destroyed by Biden, and he doesn't appear to be doing anything to dig himself out of that hole by playing to the base that's going to vote for him regardless. 2020 isn't 2016, for a myriad of reasons.
My girls and I hope you and the polls are right.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Wanting him to "apologize" for a "hoax." Fucking shitbag.

He probably asked this morning how the car his PAC paid $350,000 to slap Trump 2020 all over it finished. This is the result of his manbaby tantrum after he was told the car crashed out of the race on pit road on lap 16 and was never really shown on TV once. Karma is a bitch.

That's hilarious.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
It was never made up It WAS A NOOSE, and was the ONLY noose found in over 1,600 garages. Bubba Wallace himself never saw it or reported it, his team and NASCAR did.

The FBI apparently determined it was around since 2019.

Fucking hell, when I heard it was a door pull I figured a simple loop to pull a door down with... not something that could literally be used to fucking hang someone.

No wonder they were concerned.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
This is really looking like the rat in the corner just freaking out about the rising tide. Gathering all his fuckin nasty rats as close to him as possible so he can stand upon their bloated bodies for another couple of minutes above water.

This fuckin loser is gonna railroaded by history books and common knowledge for the rest of his stupid ass life. All of his "base" supporters can walk off a fuckin cliff for all the world cares. I really - TRULY hope that when the shade of the POTUS position is pulled away this old racist moron is properly fucked sideways by lawyers and such until the end of time.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Oh, lowest ratings ever huh?

I know the answer is "Because he's an idiot," but I don't understand why Trump makes claims like this.

Yeah, it will fire up his ever-dwindling base, but can no one on his team explain to him "For every person who was already on your side who appreciates this, there's a handful of people who just watched NASCAR for the first time in years, or maybe for the first time ever, and it's going to be very clear to those people that this is bullshit."

"People clearly like this decision. My freedom depends on people liking me. I know what I'll do!"

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Notice who he blames?

"How dare you be black and possibly have had a racist symbol put up for you! You should apologize to every white person who supported you only because you exist!"

That's how I read it.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Eh, this is a stretch for me. Like, they are racist bigots who lack lack basic empathy and need to be completely dismantled but eagle iconography is not uncommon.
It's not just the eagle itself. It's the circular object he's holding in both talons, wings spread out, looking to the right, the use of the highly nationalist slogan...

They knew what they were doing with this design. This was neither an accident nor an unfortunate coincidence.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, this is a stretch for me. Like, they are racist bigots who lack lack basic empathy and need to be completely dismantled but eagle iconography is not uncommon.

More on topic, more spewing nonsense from nonsense-spewers 😔
I think you're both right. I think whoever picked the logo and paired it with that "America First" Fascist phrase was deliberately going for Nazi messaging and imagery. The Eagle logo itself though is a cheap generic stock image they found on the internet (proven in a previous thread). It's plausable deniability.