• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This. My concern is that you literally can't prove or disprove what President Shitbag has been saying. So many of his conversations are behind closed doors.

Presumably the whistleblower has more meat for their argument, and that's been part of the reason Trump's rolled out the biggest yes man of all, Bill Barr, to try and hold that up. At least until yesterday.

Barr's tried to argue in NY that because Trump is POTUS, not only can he not be charged with a crime, he shouldn't be investigated. He is Trump's greatest asset right now, and it took Mr. Mashed Potato Brains himself, Rudy Giuliani, to fuck everything out in the open, as he usually does.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait for some of the fake voice inserts

"You are amazing mister president , how are you so smart and good looking"

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys seem to be operating under the assumption that the whistleblower complaint itself isnt going to be made public as well. And you're already falling for the republican trap by focusing so much on it when Pelosi already gave her specific reasoning for the inquiry (bringing up Biden corruption bullshit).

its gonna make Biden look bad huh?

otherwise I see no reason for mr "Executive Privilege" to say or release anything as long as the senate will let him get away with murder.
Why would that be the case? Biden couched himself perfectly by saying if Trump doesnt do exactly as asked.

People who want competent non corrupt people running the government?
Is that how you view the republicans that would immediately take over and further corruption? This seems like willful ignorance.

Magni

Frankly, if Joe goes down too and Warren rises I will not be sad.
To be fair if this kills Biden while also making Trump guilty of some crime, I'll take both.
Have this end Trump and Biden in one swoop, pleaseandthankyou

If this kills Biden, that's what the narrative will become, when this needs to be laser focused on Trump and his goons.

There's a gazillion other ways for Biden to lose the nomination, that don't require rolling around in the shit Giuliani's been stirring up.

There's quite a difference between "I hope Biden loses because he's too moderate for my taste" and "I hope Biden is implicated in serious shit in Ukraine so that he loses because he's too moderate for my taste". The former is fine, the latter... come on now!

Of course, if there is actually any truth behind these allegations (which, knowing Trump, I find hard to believe), then of course there should be repercussions for Biden. But that's not where we are right now.

derder

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Could you imagine if this man were actually effective or competent. Think about how fucked we'd be in this scenario if he had the skillset of a politician.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
Could you imagine if this man were actually effective or competent. Think about how fucked we'd be in this scenario if he had the skillset of a politician.
Already fucked. Do not underestimate the people issuing his orders. He IS effective. How else would he still be where he is despite constant breaking of the law, flaunting the rules, profiting from his position, and being a blathering shitbag.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to someone on MSNBC, calls like this aren't even properly transcripted? They're just cliffnotes and a summary?

Of course Trump was cool with offering this. He's gonna present a one and a half page summation, and as he's surrounded by yes men, they probably already knew to not note it down.
Yes, this is what I've heard too. This will be another Barr summary moment and the media will happily fall for it. Good thing is we've still got a whistleblower out there.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
According to someone on MSNBC, calls like this aren't even properly transcripted? They're just cliffnotes and a summary?

Of course Trump was cool with offering this. He's gonna present a one and a half page summation, and as he's surrounded by yes men, they probably already knew to not note it down.
>

Mehdi Hasan @mehdirhasan

"a former deputy assistant secretary of defense..said not only would any so-called transcript be based on notes, but it would also likely be incomplete because the note-takers usually do not include issues that could be controversial if they became public" https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-transcript-idUSKBN1W935S …

6:56 AM - Sep 25, 2019

Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse

Nixon released his own transcripts of the Oval Office tapes — which turned out to be wildly misleading. https://www.nytimes.com/1974/06/21/archives/nixon-and-house-versions-of-the-tapes-differ-widely-discrepancies.html …

2:27 PM - Sep 24, 2019

It'll be notes written by staffer / cultist. This is why the Dem oversight has been focused from the start on the full unredacted whistleblower report rather than the transcript. The whistle blower followed procedure and reported to the ICIG. The ICIG found the report, which involves a pattern of behaviour, to be "credible and urgent". But the impeachment inquiry isn't based on the contents of the report alone. It's a "package" of impeachable offenses.

We can unilaterally release phone calls with other foreign leaders? Curious to see what comes out, suspicion remains.

Transcription could mean anything.
>

Michael McFaul @McFaul

This is a big mistake -- terrible precedent, as no foreign leaders in future will speak candidly with the president on any future calls. Dont release Trump-Zelensky or Trump-Putin transcripts of calls. Instead, release whistleblower's complaint to Congress, as required by law. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176559966024556544 …

2:26 PM - Sep 24, 2019

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kind of hope this goes a Rashomom-vis-a-vis-sitcom and in Trump's transcript the caller is giving him increasingly inane compliments.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Honestly at this point my money is on President shitface releasing an obviously edited version, which we later find out was done by his nephew with a promised free ride at Trump U as his reward. All recorded in POTUS twitter DMs.

The sad part is I am still probably shooting too low.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Why doesn't trump just get put in a room with a human lie detector that simply asks him questions, is extremely courteous and polite.. but willing ti discipline him if he lies? Honestly if you just hire a world class human lie detector to question trump and pop him in the nose / mouth with a closed fist everytime he lies I think america would get the truth really fast.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Guliani just admitted on the fox morning show that the transcript has 'been read to him'.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
If only I could break the law but get away with it by writing "I didn't break the law" on a napkin and using it as evidence.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Reminder: GOP SPIN ALERT.

TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT IMPORTANT. THE WHISTLEBLOWER COMPLAINT IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE GIVEN OVER TO THE RESPECTIVE PARTIES. THE WHITE HOUSE BLOCKED THIS FROM HAPPENING.

No one wants to see the transcripts. They want to see the entire context of complaint that was found credible enough to send to Congress.

The TRANSCRIPTS will be nothing but trump code.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT IMPORTANT. THE WHISTLEBLOWER COMPLAINT IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO BE GIVEN OVER TO THE RESPECTIVE PARTIES. THE WHITE HOUSE BLOCKED THIS FROM HAPPENING.

No one wants to see the transcripts. They want to see the entire context of complaint that was found credible enough to send to Congress.

The transcripts exonerate the president just like the mueller report exonerate the president

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for having the transcript released for the sake of transparency, but that doesn't sound like what we'll be getting--it would just be a summary, right? If that's the case, then I'd *really* like to see the Complaint, because something tells me the 2 documents won't be congruous.

EDIT: struggling w/ posting on mobile lol

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
>

Mehdi Hasan @mehdirhasan

"a former deputy assistant secretary of defense..said not only would any so-called transcript be based on notes, but it would also likely be incomplete because the note-takers usually do not include issues that could be controversial if they became public" https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-transcript-idUSKBN1W935S …

6:56 AM - Sep 25, 2019

Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse

Nixon released his own transcripts of the Oval Office tapes — which turned out to be wildly misleading. https://www.nytimes.com/1974/06/21/archives/nixon-and-house-versions-of-the-tapes-differ-widely-discrepancies.html …

2:27 PM - Sep 24, 2019

It'll be notes written by staffer / cultist. This is why the Dem oversight has been focused from the start on the full unredacted whistleblower report rather than the transcript. The whistle blower followed procedure and reported to the ICIG. The ICIG found the report, which involves a pattern of behaviour, to be "credible and urgent". But the impeachment inquiry isn't based on the contents of the report alone. It's a "package" of impeachable offenses.

>

Michael McFaul @McFaul

This is a big mistake -- terrible precedent, as no foreign leaders in future will speak candidly with the president on any future calls. Dont release Trump-Zelensky or Trump-Putin transcripts of calls. Instead, release whistleblower's complaint to Congress, as required by law. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1176559966024556544 …

2:26 PM - Sep 24, 2019

That last tweet is pretty rich when you remember Trump already proved you cant' speak candidly to him because he'll either tweet it out or go and tell Putin about it.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
After the Mueller report I'm prepared for news outlets to swallow this hook, line, and sinker and start prattling on about how the Democrats made a fucky wucky impeaching totally-exonerated Trump before he got a chance to release his doctored transcript. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they actually learn their lesson this time around, but brace yourself for some eye-rolling bullshit and both-sidesing.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It would be so weird if nothing about Biden is in the "summary"/ "transcript"--that would just give credence to the claim that Trump hasn't done anything wrong... which would be fine for Trump et al. if his story hasn't already shifted so far into culpability.
So then what would be the impetus for the whistleblower's actions--that his complaint was just coincidence? Usually when facts don't add up, there's more to the story...

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

I don't get it. If it's required by law, how can the White House block it?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
672637.gif

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Matters, but not nearly as much as the Whistleblower report, which far more expansive than just the Ukraine call.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
--Nobody on the left will believe the report or transcript are word-for-word true.

--Nobody on the right will question their authenticity, so long as the White House gives its approval of them.

The gridlock will continue because there is nobody that both sides will accept as a unbiased judge or arbitrator to examine or investigate anything. This was proven when Bob Mueller was attacked by Trump loyalists and when the GoP refused to protect his investigation.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
It would be so weird if nothing about Biden is in the "summary"/ "transcript"--that would just give credence to the claim that Trump hasn't done anything wrong... which would be fine for Trump et al. if his story hasn't already shifted so far into culpability.
So then what would be the impetus for the whistleblower's actions--that his complaint was just coincidence? Usually when facts don't add up, there's more to the story...

If the transcript doesnt say anything about Biden it will be pretty easy to dismiss its relevance or completeness since Trump already admitted he discussed Biden on the call.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias

President Sharpie is going to release a fake summary of his call, call it a transcript, and make the same Ukrainian government he's been leaning on this whole time pretend it's accurate.

9:10 AM - Sep 25, 2019 · Washington, DC

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Will the Democrats apologize after seeing what was said on the call with the Ukrainian President? They should, a perfect call - got them by surprise!

9:17 AM - Sep 25, 2019

I wonder how many trolls / alts will post here asking a variant of "I thought the dems wanted to see the transcript? Now that it totally clears the God Emperor, the dems are demanding something else?!"

I predict no fewer than 3.

That it's fine to want to bang your own daughter. What else?
Climate change is Chinese hoax.
Windmills cause cancer.
Vote Roy Moore to MAGA.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
--Nobody on the left will believe the report or transcript are word-for-word true.

--Nobody on the right will question their authenticity, so long as the White House gives its approval of them.

The gridlock will continue because there is nobody that both sides will accept as a unbiased judge or arbitrator to examine or investigate anything. This was proven when Bob Mueller was attacked by Trump loyalists and when the GoP refused to protect his investigation.

This is a real dumb take. Look at suburban college educated white voters in 2018 midterms.

There are R-lean voters that won't stand for Trump's shit.