• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Seriously, America, if you don't manage to vote this guy out at the next elections he could genuinely bring about an event that will cost millions, if not billions, of people their lives.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
So even by the most charitable read, he's basically saying he's not taking any of this seriously.

Gray Fox

Jul 6, 2018
This piece of shit. So predictable. I went to a few conservative threads and the ways these morons are trying to defend him are pathetic.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
I'll entertain the thought that he was being sarcastic even if he clearly wasn't. Still, why in the hell would you make a comment like that as leader of the free world when nearly 900,000 people are infected and 50,000 are dead? Does this seem like a time to fuck around?

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like to imagine that modern day GOP antics are like episodes from the idyllic, 1950's American sitcom that they hold so dearly in their MAGA little hearts: Leave it to Beaver. Today's episode would be the one where Beaver said fuck all stupid shit in his class and his parents were like "lol, he's just joking you stupid cunts."

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'll entertain the thought that he was being sarcastic even if he clearly wasn't. Still, why in the hell would you make a comment like that as leader of the free world when nearly 900,000 people are infected and 50,000 are dead? Does this seem like a time to fuck around?

Even worse he said he was speaking sarcastically to the reporters. Even though he was clearly speaking to his task force.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
So now that the backlash is intense what can he say today that will make us forget yesterdays comments? There is a reason he is off his rocker everyday. We can't concentrate on all of it.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
This is perfect. Everyone is going to be talking about how he is lying about being "sarcastic" instead of talking about him being a complete imbecile.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User banned (1 week): Derailing thread with bad faith trolling and gaslighting.
LOL not a Trump fan but this is blown way out of proportion. Everyone made it sound like he straight up told people to chug Clorox.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Obviously, it wasn't sarcasm.

But, seriously? A covid-19 daily briefing in front of a national audience is NOT the place for anyone in authority to use sarcasm.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"I was directing it towards the fake news reporters"

Video of him naming Birx and staring directly at his HS secretary.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A Trump fan somewhere:

Qnwu5Zf.gif

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Next press conference will have a laugh track. It's going to sound a lot like Married with Children.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Like how is this an acceptable answer? Even if this was certifiably 100% true (which it so obviously isn't) - that is not what a president should be doing - oh we're in a crisis? I'll just do a press conference and be sarcastic about what we should do. Even that would be super shit. God i hate this guy.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This orange turd probably hates being the President more than we hate him being our President. He's always in the spotlight for all the stupid shit he says. He hates being mocked constantly. But he can't do anything about it because he is incredibly stupid and all of his stupidity is on show with his presidency.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
LOL not a Trump fan but this is blown way out of proportion. Everyone made it sound like he straight up told people to chug Clorox.

LOL. I don't know how you can watch the real clip and think this is being overblown. It is without a doubt one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. It is insane that that rambling stupidity came out of the President of the United States.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our government is broken. I cannot believe that wasn't grounds for the 25th Amendment.

rayhorakhty

Jul 30, 2019
Him being sarcastic instead of serious is actually worse. At least I could have passed it off as him being misinformed/ignorant of the situation, but now he's just joking about it. He's NOT taking any of this seriously. He doesn't care. (I know, big shocker).

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
How will Trumpites spin this now after they claimed his comments said the opposite, but now he says they were accurate but he just didn't mean them?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Future NYT Headline: Did Liberals and Democrats Overreact to Trump's Sarcastic Suggestion about Lysol?

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it's not the President of the United States was on TV talking about somehow using disinfectants to kill the coronavirus or anything. I mean that would be crazy, right?

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that I'm happy he's at least walking it back at all?

I was expecting a double down on "they haven't tested it, how do they know?".

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC

Very true, he only hypothesized about the effects of chugging Clorox on a national crisis broadcast to the nation, he didn't tell people to chug Clorox on a national crisis broadcast to the nation. The latter would be unimaginable and reprehensible, but the former? What world leader hasn't openly hypothesied if injecting household disinfectant could be the cure to COVID-19 at this point?

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are most definitely a Trump fan. Starting your statement with "LOL not a Trump fan" and then making a stupid claim that defends Trump is pretty much all the evidence needed.

Oct 25, 2017
He kinda did. He needs to keep his mouth shut and stop thinking out loud.
Not kinda, he straight up did.

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that. "

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

How was the president suggesting the possibility injecting disinfectants, which he absolutely said in a non-sarcastic way, blown out of proportion to the point where the maker of Lysol had to issue a statement?

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Being Sarcastic..... about treatments... During a Global Pandemic... From the Podium at the White House.... In a nationally televised Address... Discussing the current state of the Pandemic in the United States...

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh can't wait to see the new spin!

Before: Because, you see, he was merely talking about medications which can destroy normally functioning cells (like chemotherapy) you stupid liberals! He didn't actually mean drinking bleach!

After: See, liberals? It was a joke all along. TDS is a hell of a drug!