• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reuters

"The president is attacking Mr. Cummings for saying things that are not true about the border. It has absolutely zero to do with race," Mulvaney told Fox News Sunday.

In an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Mulvaney said he understood why the tweets could be perceived as racist but said: "That doesn't mean it's racist."

Asked whether he believed Trump's comments were hyperbolic, Mulvaney said: "I absolutely do."

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reuters

"The president is attacking Mr. Cummings for saying things that are not true about the border. It has absolutely zero to do with race," Mulvaney told Fox News Sunday.

In an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," Mulvaney said he understood why the tweets could be perceived as racist but said: "That doesn't mean it's racist."

Asked whether he believed Trump's comments were hyperbolic, Mulvaney said: "I absolutely do."
So, it's "revenge" then according to Mulvaney. Okay, lol

Racist Kindergarten administration strikes again.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
There's a reasonable chance that Cummings came up with this during a strategy meeting where Trump just foamed at the mouth shouting the n-word repeatedly

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Has someone ever said something racist post Bush and not had excuses made for? Seriously one time?

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Telling women of color to go back where they came from is blatantly racist too, I don't know how this country is even debating any of this. Then again I could argue that banning all muslims from entering the country is massively racist too and that was a damn campaign slogan. We're so fucked.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I said this in another thread, but i do wonder how much longer conservatives can keep this charade up, Trump is inching closer and closer to dropping an N-bomb and when he does even the olympic tier mental gymnastics that republicans are known for are going to break down.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Translation: "I'm Coughy Boy and I'm now having to clean up yet another damning mess he made that will kill us in the elections to rile up the 10-Toothed Rubes in the sticks and it's going to keep happening cuz of the teetering economy and the House instigating impeachment and this is the only thing that narcissistic traitor can point to as its the only thing destructive enough to do that."

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
they need to hire a full-time Secretary of Explaining How Something Trump Said Isn't Actually Racist

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Telling women of color to go back where they came from is blatantly racist too, I don't know how this country is even debating any of this. Then again I could argue that banning all muslims from entering the country is massively racist too and that was a damn campaign slogan. We're so fucked.

Because this country is a racist shithole. Always has been, always will be.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Has any president had so many people working for him whose job is basically to tell people "What the president really meant was..." Might as well make a new cabinet position. Secretary of Damage Control.

Deleted member 23075

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Same old MO. Toss out a hand grenade and only worry to put the pin back in when the hill is steep enough for it to roll back to him.

Real POS this guy.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
They know exactly what they are doing. Make a blatant, racist, dog whistle comment on Twitter. When people naturally get upset, gaslight them by calling it a joke, sarcasm, turn of phrase, etc...

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You know when someone murders somebody.
You can legally define them as a murderer and it's just accepted. No hyperbole, no just a prank bro, no I was only pretending.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
calling a republican racist to their face might hurt them more than punching them in the face at this point

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I said this in another thread, but i do wonder how much longer conservatives can keep this charade up, Trump is inching closer and closer to dropping an N-bomb and when he does even the olympic tier mental gymnastics that republicans are known for are going to break down.
I think mostly they won't. They will "frown" and say it's not a nice word to use, but then say "rap music does it", they will deny he even said it if possible, and ultimately try and shift the narrative to how he was just so upset and passionate because the evil Democrats are ruining this country and how the word is really not that bad these days anyway. Fox news will show rap music non-stop, dig up social media posts of Democrats saying the word, and pull out Black people like Owens that say it is A-OK, etc.

In other words, they'll just move on to another exercise, from denial, to hand waving it away.

That said, I do think it hurts him come election. Keep in mind, a single perentage point can hurt him come election it was that close in 2016.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

The racism is all implication and patterns now. Unless he drops a slur.... I don't see that changing.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017

They'll just figure out why the person "deserved" it.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My blatantly racist comments were not racist cuz reasons. In fact I think YOU are the real relacist for thinking I'm racist. You should be ashamed.

Same shit different day.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Totally clears the President. Thank you!

But yeah, as others have said, conservatives won't publicly claim that anything Trump says or does is racist until it reaches the actual level of dropping the n-bomb. "Go back to where you came from" is not only textbook racism, it's legal racism in certain areas (such as employment discrimination lawsuits).

They'll never admit it for two reasons. 1) simple partisanship. Out side can do no wrong. 2) the more they can get away with without repercussion, the further far-right they push the Overton window.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"The word gets said by black musicians every day and now they complain when the president starts using it? I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery! If he was black he wouldn't be getting criticized for saying it. So really, it's his critics who are racist."

I mean, like two years ago, this would have been a joke post but that is quite literally exactly how it would go.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My blatantly racist comments were not racist cuz reasons. In fact I think YOU are the real racist for thinking I'm racist. You should be ashamed.

Same shit different day.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
"The word gets said by black musicians every day and now they complain when the president starts using it? I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery! If he was black he wouldn't be getting criticized for saying it. So really, it's his critics who are racist."
Candace Owens will be all over the press saying how she's GLAD he said it and how it's unfair there is a word White people can't use. In fact for Fox News there is no doubt a long list of Black people they can call just in case he finally lets it slip, others like Silk and Diamond.

Nothing stops this train. Basically, nothing can be racist and therefore Trump isn't racist.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 by George Orwell.

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
It's obvious by now his strategy is to post similar racist crap every week until it all become a blur and no one can even keep track of them anymore. Teflon Don indeed.