• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So everyone is acting in the current cabinet? Can we get someone that could at least act Presidental?

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
YIKES, that's going to be seen as profoundly disrespectful and dumb on Donald's part even if the letter was provocative. Partially because Donald's behavior on Syria and a lot of other matters provoked the resignation, and the sheer madness of it will probably lead to more anonymous backbiting from Republicans who liked Mattis.

This was the most open Republicans have been with their... "agony" since the primary, and instead of letting the story calm down, Donald does this? Okay.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a sad time when Fox news is basically writing our country policy because donnie doesn't want the TV box to be angry at him.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
User Warned: Ableist slur.
So he just recently had someone translate it to him and now he's upset knowing what it really meant for such a thing to be out there. The President folks, thin skinned and retarded btw.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
YIKES, that's going to be seen as profoundly disrespectful and dumb on Donald's part even if the letter was provocative. Partially because Donald's behavior on Syria and a lot of other matters provoked the resignation, and the sheer madness of it will probably lead to more anonymous backbiting from Republicans who liked Mattis.

This was the most open Republicans have been with their... "agony" since the primary, and instead of letting the story calm down, Donald does this? Okay.

Lindsey Graham now telling Trump he's going to give him until the count of ten, and he just got to 11. Mitch McConnell has tucked his head as far back as he can into his shell. Susan Collins is shocked. Mike Pence is blending into the white wall behind him like a chameleon who hates rainbows.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone or some network gets a jim mattis interview asap.

The things he could reveal!

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The US is far from free and not a leader despite its superpower status imo.

The US is always one leader away from majority respect or majority resentment. However I think the deterioration of the GOP since Gingrich, maybe since Nixon, has been a spiral that;'s dangerous for the republic and when a fall-in-line mealy-mouthed intellectual lightweight like Bill Kristol, easily denuded of whatever voice he had, is considered a correcting force for the party, then there's also no hope for a fix any time soon. It's like a company being stripped of assets and passed from knacker's yard to glue factory through ever-less capable hands.

Not that the democrats are awesome, but at least much of their problem is traditional and in part because it's trying to hold together a coalition of largely moral constituencies. Incompetence and corruption make it both less effective and less noble than it could be, but man, the comparison these days.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
So everyone is acting in the current cabinet? Can we get someone that could at least act Presidental?

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Cabinet can't remove you by invoking the 25th amendment, if you don't have a cabinet at all.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
lol the pettiness is so damn obvious.
No opinion of the new guy till I read more.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Tara Palmeri @tarapalmeri

I'm hearing from an advisor to President Trump that his family and outside advisors were pressuring him to cut Mattis loose early -- saying "how can you let him stay when he's been so disrespectful to you?"

Dafna Linzer @DafnaLinzer

We will now have an acting secretary of defense, an acting attorney-general, no UN ambassador, no interior secretary, no deputy at HUD or at DHS, and an acting EPA administrator.

The president's chief of staff is "acting."

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean I didn't like "Mad Dog" either but that's because I don't like war criminals.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he made Oliver North the next interior secretary.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Vera Bergengruen @VeraMBergen

In his resignation letter, Mattis stressed that he needed to stay until late February "in order to ensure stability within the Department," have a successor confirmed, and go to the NATO defense ministerial meeting/prep Congress posture hearings.

Now he's out Jan. 1 pic.twitter.com/hTtbKXe0Va

dvhiyv2uyaagyhjq4csq.jpg

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
He's such a petty child. Republicans will just continue to complain about everything and say "we've tried to fix things, what else can we do?!?!" while Cheeto Man is still in office burning everything to the ground. It's party over country for the GOP so we all suffer in the meantime.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
So many of my younger Vet friends are irate over this. Mattis is a man that kept many people safe in Iraq and every branch respects the shit out of him

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Lol yea I'm not sure I buy this, did Trump really think he'd look like the good guy in that?

Maybe I'm a fool for thinking he wouldn't...

The problem is that Trump is so narcissistic that it put all others narcissists to shame.
He never make mistakes. It's always others who spoil things for him.
Even if it's not him who make mistakes in his mind, he still won't learn from past fuckups. Because to learn something, to develop the necessary curiosity, you first have to admit that you don't know everything. And Trump can't admit that, even to himself.
That's why trump will never change his behavior. Even in prison, he will think himself injustly jailed.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump amazes me, because when you always assume there's a low, he proves to the universe that you can go lower.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I didn't expect this.

Someone read and explained Mattis's letter to Dumbass Donald? That's some dirty pool right there.

No, for real, this is pretty frightening. I thought we'd have two months with the last remaining adult in the room.