• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ogami Itto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing against the first two points.

Fine they took away his ability to do this in the House, but do you believe that if he decides to give that exact same speech from the WH that the networks aren't going to carry it? If he wants a platform and he wants to give the SOTU on TV he will. It just drives a wedge in further, and Donald being Donald does something even dumber and here we are.

HE IS UNWILLING TO BUDGE, THERE IS NO BIGGER FUCKING WEDGE!

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Well people should keep themselves informed instead of just trying to lay out their opinion without facts backing them up.
1. House passed a bill, they did their job.
2. The gop in the senate are refusing to talk about it, they are not doing their job.
3. Its been known that Trump was goung to use the SOTU to lie and blame the Dems for the shut down. Why would they give him such a platform?

Was the Senate not doing their job when the democrats refused to vote on Obamacare repeals passed by the House?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Well lets be honest here:
Cancelling the SOTU was a power play that hurt Trumps's ego and honestly they haven't the money to properly pay the security detail.
Cancelling Pelosi's trip like this has caused a security issue, if Trump cared about such things he could of done it in a fashion where it didnt compromise national security assets.
No....remember its both sides. Always remember that.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Fine they took away his ability to do this in the House, but do you believe that if he decides to give that exact same speech from the WH that the networks aren't going to carry it? If he wants a platform and he wants to give the SOTU on TV he will. It just drives a wedge in further, and Donald being Donald does something even dumber and here we are.

He will always drive a wedge but this time he cannot do it to their faces. He would have to do it alone in the WH with no one clapping to his lies.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Beginning to feel this shutdown really is going to drag on for the entire year, the country is in paralysis. Losing decades thanks to this one man, decades of progress, foreign and domestic policy, you name it, these are the lost years.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Pelosi and the House have passed government spending bill several times now including one that got through the Senate before Trump through his hissy fit. Pelosi is doing her job, the GOP and Trump are not.

If we had "NEWS" and not "media" this message would be broadcast/printed hourly.

There are more views for allowing Racists on CNN to play both sides though.

I don't blame motherless. Their view is likely a good # of people who aren't as, active, as the political community on Era is. Poll's are suggesting that the word is getting out, but the % would be much higher if we actually had news that was viewed by the public. Its ignorant sure, sure... but its an example of a failure in communication from the Democrats/Media. God bless AoC for putting in that next-gen work.

Beginning to feel this shutdown really is going to drag on for the entire year, the country is in paralysis. Losing decades thanks to this one man, decades of progress, foreign and domestic policy, you name it, these are the lost years.

Which has all been the KGB/Russias plan for america. Rot it from the inside, no guns needed.

and if its not that,

well, we literally just have a moron wannabe king that we allowed into the office. Hes just such an idiot that everything he does aligns perfectly with our enemies desires.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Then he can. Despite the very serious security concerns, Pelosi has no reasons to allow Trump to come to her House and lie to the public about Democrats and her being responsible for an hour while the goverment is shutdown to the roaring applause of Republicans. Especially since HE is the cause of the shutdown and Republicans are refusing to bring any bills to the floor in the senate. He'd be lying about the State of the Union. He can give a speech from the oval office. That works.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Because that's not the argument I was making, I know he started it. My point was; firstly that this site is toxic when it comes to the slightest dissent against what the norm is here and that this childish response was a direct result of the Pelosi letter.

No argument on that, but I don't believe for a second Pelosi was actually concerned about the cost of the security detail. She new it would set him off and it did. If we want to argue about which one was more childish then my vote goes for Trump, but Pelosi pushed it. I'm sure they expected retaliation and maybe they have a plan to punch back again, but if this is where America is in solving this then I'm sorry for the 800k out of work.
There's not even a negotiation going on. This is all on Trump and rich people like Ann Coulter who don't give two shits about the people suffering. Trumps negotiation is give me money with nothing in return. All this is just a blip compared to what real people are going through.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Was the Senate not doing their job when the democrats refused to vote on Obamacare repeals passed by the House?
Are you referring to this? How is that equivalent? That was the GOP House trying to shut down a law which had been passed and approved by the Supreme Court, and they were willing to shut down the govt over it. In this case it's first Trump in December and now Mitch and Trump who are blocking govt from reopening. Mitch won't allow a Senate vote on something which already passed 100-0 in the Senate, and Trump won't sign it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/29/us-government-shutdown-house-delay-obamacare

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
That actually went up for a vote didnt it? Unlike the spending bills that haven't actually been put on the floor. Are you really trying to compare the two?

No. Harry Reid blocked them from the floor. In both cases the Senate majority leader refused to hold a vote on a resolution that passed the House.

These are the rules folks. Stop complaining about them the second they don't benefit you.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
That actually went up for a vote didnt it? Unlike the spending bills that haven't actually been put on the floor. Are you really trying to compare the two?
Totally the same thing! I mean, wall, healthcare, I mean the bills were actually brought to the floor. And hey I remember a bipartisan bill being passed in both chambers and Obama making a demand until he got his way while shouting "I will happily own the shutdown and not blame Republicans".
Time is a circle...

Oct 28, 2017
California
nOVxxwU.jpg

pElOsI AnD TrUmP CoNtInUe tO Be rIdIcUlOuS AnD ChIlDiSh.. ThIs sHuTdOwN NeEdS To eNd.

LMAO

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Are you referring to this? How is that equivalent? That was the GOP House trying to shut down a law which had been passed and approved by the Supreme Court, and they were willing to shut down the govt over it. In this case it's first Trump in December and now Mitch and Trump who are blocking govt from reopening. Mitch won't allow a Senate vote on something which already passed 100-0 in the Senate, and Trump won't sign it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/29/us-government-shutdown-house-delay-obamacare

I think the problem is a lot of people think the world is a very simple place, when really, it isn't. That's probably Fox's fault.

ryul2

Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Which is what republicans want. Sabotage the government, say how government fails and then privatize. Win for the 0.1% who control shit in our country pretty much.

Both sides though (/s if it wasn't obvious)

Fixed

Oct 27, 2017
Then he can. Despite the very serious security concerns, Pelosi has no reasons to allow Trump to come to her House and lie to the public about Democrats and her being responsible for an hour while the goverment is shutdown to the roaring applause of Republicans. Especially since HE is the cause of the shutdown and Republicans are refusing to bring any bills to the floor in the senate. He can give a speech from the oval office. That works.

If the concern of Trump getting applause in the House outweighs the worry of pushing things even further apart by not letting him do it then I guess that's that. It surprises me that it would be the correct move though.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
If the concern of Trump getting applause in the House outweighs the worry of pushing things even further apart by not letting him do it then I guess that's that. It surprises me that it would be the correct move though.
But the House did all they can do. And the Senate is refusing to move on it.

Edit: Is someone seriously comparing voting to strip insurance and thus killing/bankrupting many to blocking a vote to fund the government? Is someone seriously making that comparison lmao.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wow, we're really getting "What about Obama?" now too?

Geez.
Some people are DESPERATE for this to be on Democrats despite all information proving the contrary. Wonder why? I mean even if you agree the two things are exactly the same, lol, you'd also have to be admitting you're cool with both of them since two wrongs make a right and a wall is the same thing as healthcare.

Fixed

Oct 27, 2017
But the House did all they can do. And the Senate is refusing to move on it.

I get you, but if you're already dealing with someone completely unreasonable it doesn't make sense to me keep poking with a stick, which is what I took Pelosis letter to be.

How is giving Trump less attention the wrong move?

You can try giving him less attention but if there's anything the past few years as taught us is that he'll find a way to get it. Thinking you can ignore him is not the best way IMO.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Prepare for more childish outbursts like this now that there are no more adults in the room... Scary that he is in charge of the most powerful military in the world.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I am one of the people being effected by this as well. It stinks. Would you suggest, perhaps, a continuing resolution so that people like me get paid while negotiations on the wall go forward or are you thinking that it would be best to just give in and build the wall? Again, not at all being silly. Just trying to understand your stance on this given the several bills passed in the House.

I am sorry you are effected as well. I think people should get paid of course and that the wall negotiations (I am completely against the wall) should not be tied to peoples livelihoods.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I get you, but if you're already dealing with someone completely unreasonable it doesn't make sense to me keep poking with a stick which is what I took Pelosis letter to be.
Well standard measures don't work because the GOP Senate and Trump aren't acting like responsible adults. Might as well try throwing whatever at the wall at this point.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
No. Harry Reid blocked them from the floor. In both cases the Senate majority leader refused to hold a vote on a resolution that passed the House.

These are the rules folks. Stop complaining about them the second they don't benefit you.

Are you serious. Here's the difference. Both moves the Dems made prevented or would prevent people dying, going bankrupt, or starving/going homeless.

Both moves the GOP made or are trying to make leads to more death, pain, bankruptcies, and starving.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is treason right?

looks like treason to me.

what kinds of penalties does this country have for that?

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory false equivalencies and history of trolling
QUOTE="GoldenEye 007, post: 16977378, member: 311"]Are you serious. Here's the difference. Both moves the Dems made prevented or would prevent people dying, going bankrupt, or starving/going homeless.

Both moves the GOP made or are trying to make leads to more death, pain, bankruptcies, and starving.[/QUOTE]

No here is the difference, when the Republicans are refusing to vote on something you like you consider them as not doing their job but when the democrats do the exact same thing to a proposal you don't like you cheer and applaud.

Thats the only thing I'm pointing out here. If you want to remove the ability for the Senate majority leader to block a vote then ask for a resolution that eliminates that while you control the senate.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
I am sorry you are effected as well. I think people should get paid of course and that the wall negotiations (I am completely against the wall) should not be tied to peoples livelihoods.
I appreciate the sentiment. It's so frustrating. I feel terrible for people who have absolutely no savings right now.

Shutting down the government for a wall that only 30% of the country wants feels very much like one side bending me over. Especially when the house is working to pass bills that will never make it to the senate floor because of an obstructionist republican.

I know you're getting dogpiled for not being informed, but I do appreciate you responding to me civilly.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
User Warned: Please do not shame members for their post count
Pelosi and Trump continue to be ridiculous and childish.. This shutdown needs to end.

I don't blame them, people like you on this site jump on any sign of dissent digging through post and shitting over things instead of engaging in discussion.

And then a poster with 50 total posts leaped to the defense of the both sides guy and made generalizations about "people like you" on Resetera.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
QUOTE="GoldenEye 007, post: 16977378, member: 311"]Are you serious. Here's the difference. Both moves the Dems made prevented or would prevent people dying, going bankrupt, or starving/going homeless.

Both moves the GOP made or are trying to make leads to more death, pain, bankruptcies, and starving.

No here is the difference, when the Republicans are refusing to vote on something you like you consider them as not doing their job but when the democrats do the exact same thing to a proposal you don't like you cheer and applaud.

Thats the only thing I'm pointing out here. If you want to remove the ability for the Senate majority leader to block a vote then ask for a resolution that eliminates that while you control the senate.

The senate is there to forward bills to the president. Then its his job to sign them or not.

The senate is not doing their job, and getting paid. Meanwhile they are also holding the country hostage for a total fucking moron. None of this is the same.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope Pelosi cancels this hateful, petty asshole's State of the Union. He shouldn't be allowed another platform to spew his lies and propaganda.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Literally has nothing to do with this thread. Nobody here was arguing what Obama did was right or talking about 2013. We're talking about the now and what Republicans are doing, whom are clearly at fault right now. Take your derailing both-sides crap elsewhere.