• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 19, 2020
this is like trying to get a umpire to reverse a call after the game is over, everyone has left yankee stadium days ago and the stadium is closed and you're yelling in the street outside the stadium pissing your pants angrily

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
for curiosity sake I wish I could see an alternate reality where this shit worked and Trump stole the election in court. or at least came close. So much of the discourse and reaction from the public, politicians, and the media is framed from the perspective that it was unlikely any of this would work. I am fascinated by what would happen if it looked like it would. Terrified, but fascinated.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if he got talked into forcing Supreme Court picks believing they would save his ass. He could have held it over the Republicans.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
That's Not How This Works.gif

You can't just ask the Supreme Court to review things

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if he got talked into forcing Supreme Court picks believing they would save his ass. He could have held it over the Republicans.
Yeah, gauging it from Trump's perspective, immediately picking a replacement for Ginsburg was a bad move. He lost a lot of leverage over Republicans in an instant.

Trump must have been convinced that all of the conservative justices would do anything to flip an election and Barrett is all he needed.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, gauging it from Trump's perspective, immediately picking a replacement for Ginsburg was a bad move. He lost a lot of leverage over Republicans in an instant.

Trump must have been convinced that all of the conservative justices would do anything to flip an election and Barrett is all he needed.

Perhaps if the election was very close but I think he might have just wanted the adulation in the moment if you believe that is core to his character.

Nov 18, 2020
I love how THIS is the bullshit Trump cares about, instead of the fact that 12 million renters will face imminent eviction at the beginning of the year, and 317,000 Americans have died from COVID-19. Like...oh my god.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta keep the grift going right up to Inauguration Day, I guess.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
There's basically zero consequences for losing over and over though and he just needs to win once, so why not just keep trying.
We'll see about zero consequences. But, if these are the kind of filings he's going to keep trying, he definitely needs to win more than once. Getting the SC to flip the results on PA election results wouldn't change the EC results enough to hand Trump the win.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Every day that goes by makes me think Trump is going to have to be asked to politely leave the White House, then when that doesn't work, kicked out.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Thank you, just seems like a weird case to cite as precedent, save that was about an election in the Supreme court. Par for the course, I guess.
It's because it is the only time the Supreme Court has affected the results of a Presidental Election. It's the only case they can cite to establish dominion.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Guys this lawsuit might be a little different than the other ones that had no merit.

Giuliani put a 100 dollar bill and some coupons for Pizza Hut in with the pleadings. I think this is probably their best chance to get the SC to steal the election.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I really thought he would just fuck off to his shitty Florida residence, but now I really do think he will have to be forcibly removed from the WH.

They should charge PPV money for this, it'd probably be the highest grossing event of all time.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Is there even anything the courts can do anymore? Like even if Trump wasn't just spouting shit and actually had something isn't the horse out of the barn at this point? The constitution, based on what my layman self understands, seems to say there is fuck all anyone not part of the legislative branch can do once the electors have cast their votes.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I really thought he would just fuck off to his shitty Florida residence, but now I really do think he will have to be forcibly removed from the WH.

They should charge PPV money for this, it'd probably be the highest grossing event of all time.
If he locks a door to try and keep them from coming in he can get prison time, if only he was that stupid

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
This is all about grifting money, not admitting he lost and is a loser, and also really wanting that president protection from the courts.

Gonna be fun to watch him dig even deeper

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This fucker is gonna grift his way completely outta debt isn't he.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I love how THIS is the bullshit Trump cares about, instead of the fact that 12 million renters will face imminent eviction at the beginning of the year, and 317,000 Americans have died from COVID-19. Like...oh my god.
He is a criminal that only cares about self preservation. This is why you never elect criminals to public office.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
tenor.gif

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? That's LITERALLY what you do.
The Supreme Court isn't obligated to review every case. You can't just ask them and suddenly have a case. They have to take up the case, which they obviously won't do in this scenario since their is no case to be made outside of the decision the state court already rendered.

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
Trump is just hoping the Trump appointed Supreme Court will award him for appointing them.....this is why its lifetime appointments, so they owe him nothing.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Seems something that won't even be taken up cause it the same shit from the previous two, and the votes have been certified and the electors already voted

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's all just a grift to string along the cult. He knows it's over, his inner circle knows it's over. The GOP Congress knows it's over.
But they still have to put on a show for the cult because they still want their money and votes.