• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Traditionally it makes sense for the trailing candidate to want as many debates as possible, but Trump did not get any kind of bump out of the first debate, looks like he probably didn't get anything out of the town hall fiasco next week either. He's an all-around shitty candidate and his campaign probably thinks the less that is exposed, the better.

All they know how to do with him at this point is send him to rallies with his base and let him say crazy shit to stay in the headlines. They have nothing else in the box because he sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
You can smell his fear.

giphy.gif

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why they want to talk foreign policy anyway. That's not exactly a winning issue with his base or swing voters.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I fail to see how Climate Change, National Security, and Leadership are not related to foreign policy.

I wonder what they would like the topics to be? "Historic Middle East Peace Agreements, Hunter Biden: The Communist Deep Agent, and Strengthening Our Relationship With Russia."
The thing is I don't think that claim is even true about the third debate being about foreign policy.

Trilobite

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Par for the course.
I know it is impossible to really understand the shit show that is this current administration, but this I get.
Of course Trump is going to try and paint this debate as illegitimate even before it happens, it is what he does.
I bet it will work great for his base but it won´t gain him any new voter support.

To me, he is just digging his hole deeper. If Trump loses (hopefully), I bet America is in for the shit show of the century until January.
I am not American, but this election will have an impact on Europe and the rest of the world, I just hope sanity will be somewhat restored in the next four years.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Let him pull out. We don't need another debate. It's just going to be another shitshow because the moderators won't do what needs to be done to keep things on topic.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This election truly has everything, including the first time Trump pulls out with a woman.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure why they want to talk foreign policy anyway. That's not exactly a winning issue with his base or swing voters.
He and many of his supporters seem to think that's his strongest area. How he negotiated all these peace deals, how he's tough on China, how he brought the troops home etc.
And he'll use Biden's voting record against him, too. Might even try to sell him as a hawk like Hillary.

I understand why he would push for it, he has something to sell atleast, more than on other topics...

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
And a couple months ago a family member told me that the Democrats wouldn't let Biden be in the debates because of how incoherent he would be. LOL

Now I'm wondering whether there is any follow up to this.

Did the family member claim that it was a Biden Replicant at the debates, or was there an admission that he really was up there, and it wasn't a CGI insertion?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Trump needs the debate more than Biden needs it. If it gets changed to another Biden town hall it only helps him as that's the environment Biden is strongest in!

Trump has such a fragile snowflake.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
The last debate should be a big blank map of the US and the candidates get 5 minutes to label every state.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
So pathetic. Is there anything this bunker bitch doesn't whine about?

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I fail to see how Climate Change, National Security, and Leadership are not related to foreign policy.

I wonder what they would like the topics to be? "Historic Middle East Peace Agreements, Hunter Biden: The Communist Deep Agent, and Strengthening Our Relationship With Russia."

The right tried to spin Biden's town hall by saying "there wasn't a single question about Hunter Biden and Burisma" so yes, this is exactly right. If things are not framed in the right wing media bubble way they cry foul.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I love how Trump easily won the last debate with Wallace and Biden teaming up on him (according to these press releases), but has been dodging these next two. Wouldn't our God King want to beat them again?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside the juvenile letter and Tweet, they are correct that these aren't foreign policy topics for the foreign policy debate. Are we just not going to have a foreign policy debate this cycle? Granted, foreign policy isn't really a major concern to most Americans at the moment but domestic/town hall/foreign is the traditional debate structure.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside the juvenile letter and Tweet, they are correct that these aren't foreign policy topics for the foreign policy debate. Are we just not going to have a foreign policy debate this cycle? Granted, foreign policy isn't really a major concern to most Americans at the moment but domestic/town hall/foreign is the traditional debate structure.
So now Trump wants to honor tradition?

Even if it's tradition, it's not a rule, and yeah, I don't think that's really what America wants to hear about right now.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Is everyone in Trump campaign five years old when this is the way they talk?
I think a lot of that is them trying to act like Trump, but yeah, this kind of letter is just embarrassing.

The thing is I don't think that claim is even true about the third debate being about foreign policy.
Good call. Checking Wikipedia gives this for 2016:

The topics, announced in advance of the debate, were: debt and entitlements, immigration, economy, Supreme Court, foreign hot spots, and fitness to be president.

2012 really was all about foreign policy. 2008, however, has:

The focus was on domestic policy and the economy.

Wikipedia doesn't say much about the third debate 2004 but I looked up the transcript and one of the first thing the moderator says is that the debate is about domestic affairs.

So the Trump campaign is just making shit up as usual.

The last debate should be a big blank map of the US and the candidates get 5 minutes to label every state.
It's funny that this would work, but also, extremely sad that we all know that this would be funny, and why it would be funny..

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I swear, this guy. And his base will lap up this response and completely buy it wholesale.

I honestly see a reality where Biden ends up winning but 30 - 40% of the country remains loyal to Donald Trump ( LOYAL TO DONALD TRUMP 🤦‍♂️) and deem him their president. Most of the people who will remain to loyal wouldn't be able to afford much less be welcomed onto one of his properties but they'll gladly shell out however much money he's going to ask of them to keep himself afloat.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that's... not what BDC is usually used for in internet slang. Even with the parentheses there, why would you choose that acronym lol

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
He had to throw in that he "won" the last debate.... in a presidential letter.
My god, he is such a little child.

Nov 7, 2017
I swear, this guy. And his base will lap up this response and completely buy it wholesale.

I honestly see a reality where Biden ends up winning but 30 - 40% of the country remains loyal to Donald Trump ( LOYAL TO DONALD TRUMP 🤦‍♂️) and deem him their president. Most of the people who will remain to loyal wouldn't be able to afford much less be welcomed onto one of his properties but they'll gladly shell out however much money he's going to ask of them to keep himself afloat.
If they're stupid enough to give their money to an already supposedly wealthy person with no power to enact any change then it's perfectly in line with their current actions. I'd love to see this.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I kind of hope 30-40% remain loyal to Trump for the foreseeable future, so Republicans are incapable of winning elections for awhile.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of hope 30-40% remain loyal to Trump for the foreseeable future, so Republicans are incapable of winning elections for awhile.
8+ years of Dem control would be transformative for the country if they are able to pass legislation easily. The best thing that could happen here if Trump keeps himself in the limelight which would constantly remind Dems of what happened last time Cons were in charge

Last edited:

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure why we need another debate at this point honestly. All that has to be said has been said. Let the people vote and be done with it.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he does.

Trump is the only losing candidate in history who wants LESS debates

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I thought constantly pouting about unfair situations was supposed to be what "the left" is all about?

At least that's what the right wing talking points tells us. Yet here is a person that bitches time and time again when shit isn't going his way.

And some wanna talk about entitled...

psionotic

May 29, 2019
On the one hand, we need something—anything—to shake up the race...

...but on the other hand, the more people see of our candidate, the less they like.

So, yeah, how loud can we yell "RIGGED!" while ducking this thing entirely?

Last edited: