• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

2020 Election Forecast

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

This is probably why LaRose is so hell-bent on "signature match-ups" for mail-in ballots.

That's nothing, did you see the form they sent out to people to request an absentee ballot? It says "With postal delays expected, we recommend you return this form no later than October 27th 2020." That's not the recommendation for the ballot itself, but for the ballot request form. They're telling people you can wait until up to October 27th, mail in the form, they mail you the absentee ballot, you mail it in, and it will still arrive by November 3rd. Just blatantly lying to voters. I'm disabled and I was planning to vote absentee, but I just don't trust LaRose. You can bet I'll be early voting in person instead.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
I can't tell if this is good news are not. Are they abandoning these states because they don't need to or are they conceding these states as lost causes? I honestly didn't/don't see Ohio going blue this year.
I wouldn't be surprised if its both. Either way, this an opening that needs to be taken advantage of.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
In Florida, can confirm they're definitely focusing heavy here. I saw the same Trump ad like 3-4 times in a row watching CBS yesterday.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if this is good news are not. Are they abandoning these states because they don't need to or are they conceding these states as lost causes? I honestly didn't/don't see Ohio going blue this year.

Its important to remember that they had weird ad buy patterns in 2016. Fuckface dominates news coverage, and really does subscribe to the view that any press is good press.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I drove up through Florida and Georiga on I-75 yesterday. Signs seemed to be 60/40 Trump over Biden

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018

2020 Election Forecast

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

This is probably why LaRose is so hell-bent on "signature match-ups" for mail-in ballots.

Anecdotal, but here in central Columbus, it is very uncommon to see a Trump sign/flag. The only one I've seen is sandwiched in between a bunch of Biden sign homes.

I mean, it's Columbus.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't believe those Ohio figures. Since July Trump has been polling with a pretty insurmountable lead.

I don't think that is changing in 4 weeks

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I will also add that Biden just needs to shamelessly burn ALL the remaining money in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, just to make sure a Clinton issue never happens again.

Oct 31, 2017
Strategically, this makes sense. Florida is more competitive, so if he's strapped for money (yay), then it's better to focus it on something like Florida over Ohio and Iowa, which are competitive but poll better for him than Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Minnesota.

I don't believe those Ohio figures. Since July Trump has been polling with a pretty insurmountable lead.

I don't think that is changing in 4 weeks

wat

lDZz63T.png

It's a tossup. None of that is insurmountable for either candidate.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, make sense, he's polling so bad even with a Florida win he'd probably still lose because of all the other states flipped by Biden. I wonder if at this point he could love even without counting the mail in ballots after election night.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Strategically, this makes sense. Florida is more competitive, so if he's strapped for money (yay), then it's better to focus it on something like Florida over Ohio and Iowa, which are competitive but poll better for him than Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, or Minnesota.

wat

lDZz63T.png

It's a tossup. None of that is insurmountable for either candidate.

Sorry I meant Iowa. I don't know why I ALWAYS interchange the two

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
What does this local Floridian think of Trump's chances?

I just really wanted to share that.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
That's nothing, did you see the form they sent out to people to request an absentee ballot? It says "With postal delays expected, we recommend you return this form no later than October 27th 2020." That's not the recommendation for the ballot itself, but for the ballot request form. They're telling people you can wait until up to October 27th, mail in the form, they mail you the absentee ballot, you mail it in, and it will still arrive by November 3rd. Just blatantly lying to voters. I'm disabled and I was planning to vote absentee, but I just don't trust LaRose. You can bet I'll be early voting in person instead.

when are they even mailing the ballots themselves? i'm still getting the pre-filled out ones from the election board. i sent mine in three weeks ago.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry I meant Iowa. I don't know why I ALWAYS interchange the two

His lead's not insurmountable there either.

8Z6Wj0o.png

But as I said (and probably is part of the point you're getting at), it makes sense to spend more on Florida than Iowa given the polling and electoral votes.

Still, if he's as cash-strapped as it seems, it may still be troublesome for him that he can't keep the ads up in Iowa/Ohio considering he's not running away with it. But I'm not sure how often this happens.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Also, isn't the plan to rig the election by Supreme Court or the House still in play?
Yes, the plan to use the supreme court to throw out as many votes as possible has already started.

Slow down the mail -> Discard any votes that arrive late was always the plan, and now it's being carried out.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Trump is gonna get smashed in this election, LOL
Yeah. its going to a rough night for them. I saw the 5 38 stuff and he needs to win PA in every scenario but one. the other scenario? he has to win arizona lmao.
If he loses PA, its pretty much over.

2020 Election Forecast

forecast here. See PA in all but one scenario.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. its going to a rough night for them. I saw the 5 38 stuff and he needs to win PA in every scenario but one. the other scenario? he has to win arizona lmao.
If he loses PA, its pretty much over.

2020 Election Forecast

forecast here. See PA in all but one scenario.

A lot of the models show Biden taking FL.

Is that even possible?

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the models show Biden taking FL.

Is that even possible?

Is it even possible for a person that has been ahead for five months to win a state? Is that what you're asking?

If Trump won Florida by 2 points last time, and Biden is doing about five points better than Hillary ended up doing, then he should be ahead in Florida by a few points, which he is.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Is it even possible for a person that has been ahead for five months to win a state? Is that what you're asking?

If Trump won Florida by 2 points last time, and Biden is doing about five points better than Hillary ended up doing, then he should be ahead in Florida by a few points, which he is.

I'm still burned by 2000

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
My wishilist:

Biden carries PA, FL, OH, MI, WI, and gets over 350 electoral votes.

Graham is shown the door

Sentate goes blue and McConnell has to face the wrath every day for the actions he's done

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017
I think 99.9% of people have already made up their minds, and so this doesn't really matter at this point, but this correct.

I think people already know who they prefer, but it helps with getting people to actually vote. No ads for Trump and tons for Biden could make Trump leaners think there's no point to voting so they stay home.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who lives in Ohio (maybe you do too?) I kinda doubt it. Ohio is Trumpland.

I mean, polls suggest otherwise this election. I can't call the state of Maine Trumpland just because of where I live.

He's likely to lose this state by 10-12 points, and very possibly might lose CD2 (Northern Maine), which seemed impossible to me until the polling started showing up.