• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like a fairly common comparison, frankly, even though it's as loaded as it is. I don't mean that as a defense at all. I've heard "cancel culture is how we get lynchings", to which I have to think "no, white supremacy and colonialist slavery is how we get lynchings".

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Graham just angrily doubled down on agreeing this is a political "lynching"

"What's happened to your profession?" he scolds reporters

"It's not just racial my friends. No. I'm from South Carolina I understand it very well. Mob rule is what lynching is all about"​

12:03 PM - Oct 22, 2019

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe there are people out there that see him as this alpha dude when he's out here all day whining about his feelings like an insecure little bitch

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What a vile, callous, malignant man we put in a position of power.

"Repugnant to the American dream" is what a judge recently called his actions.

That should be the epitaph on his tomb.

Oct 30, 2017

Iggelich

Aug 31, 2019
Are the media going to host endless debates for the next few days, shouting over each other whether or not lynching is the correct term?

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
In a couple of weeks Lindsey Graham will be like "you know, the president is exactly right when he says that this impeachment inquiry is the modern day version of Kristallnacht."

Erpy

May 31, 2018
In a couple of weeks Lindsey Graham will be like "you know, the president is exactly right when he says that this impeachment inquiry is the modern day version of Kristallnacht."

Either that or something along the lines of "Yes, I agree with Mister Trump that it TOTALLY is like rape."

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Call me a cynic but I think he uses these words to activate his racist base.

I will say, this sound's like somebody who know's they are going down. The will WIN part is so fucking trying to save face it's amazing.

I want to see Trumps Home screen on his iPhone. He probably only has twitter on it.

You're not cynical- You're giving him too much credit.

He's just a fucking idiot. He probably heard a conservative radio host say something similar and parroted it. He's honestly so stupid that it's hard to fathom that he remembers to wake up in the morning.

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Well, he has effectively zero black support (except Kayne, Candace Owens, and Diamond and Silk) and it is a nice little dog whistle for his racist base, so it makes sense. I'm sure Steven Miller told him to use that word.

Sometimes I forget that piece of shit was responsible for the new immigration policies. I hope he ends up falling with Trump.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018

Eamon Javers @EamonJavers

WH spokesman Hogan Gidley on the president's Tweet about "lynching:" "The president's not comparing what's happened to him to one of the country's darkest moments."

11:18 AM - Oct 22, 2019

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1186663051384311808 …

11:42 AM - Oct 22, 2019

So what he's saying here is that Trump doesn't consider lynching to be one of America's darkest moments. I get it.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Was just listening to the Dollop about the formation of the LAPD and the mass lynching of Chinese immigrants. Then I wake up to read this...

I hope this gets people to vote.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia

Burgess Everett @burgessev

Graham just angrily doubled down on agreeing this is a political "lynching"

"What's happened to your profession?" he scolds reporters

"It's not just racial my friends. No. I'm from South Carolina I understand it very well. Mob rule is what lynching is all about"

12:03 PM - Oct 22, 2019

As a non-american I'm honestly curious, is there ANY documented lynchings at all that didn't start as racially motivated?
Not that it excuse the orange buffoon usage of it anyway but I feel like there's vigilantism, mob justice and so many other words to describe what he's going for here. Never "lynching" though to my knowledge, that just feels disingenuous and loaded as shit.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As a non-american I'm honestly curious, is there ANY documented lynchings at all that didn't start as racially motivated?
Not that it excuse the orange buffoon usage of it anyway but I feel like there's vigilantism, mob justice and so many other words to describe what he's going for here. Never "lynching" though to my knowledge, that just feels disingenuous and loaded as shit.
Well, lynching has been used as a term for others who have been killed without legal trials, but the absolute biggest hit of the term was as it related to the murder of black people by white mobs in the USA. There is 0% chance that anyone even remotely talking about this in the US political system does not know this.

This is like whistleblowing but more like whistlewheezing.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

The definition doesn't necessitate race. But in American political context of course it does

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Idiot president says idiotic thing.
This shouldn't be a headline

'Racist president says racist thing,' is more correct. Let's not excuse the blatant hate and racial ignorance he exhibits daily as mere idiocy. The man is vile and irredeemable, the latest stain on our country's wretched tabard and we should all look forward to the day when people who once proudly supported him are relegated to meeting in dark alleys behind dumpsters. That's more than just being a dumb man. Donald Trump is evil.

Though I agree, that shouldn't be a headline.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
'Racist president says racist thing,' is more correct. Let's not excuse the blatant hate and racial ignorance he exhibits daily as mere idiocy. The man is vile and irredeemable, the latest stain on our country's retched tabbard and we should all look forward to the day when people who once proudly supported him are relegated to meeting in dark alleys behind dumpsters. That's more than just being a dumb man. Donald Trump is evil.

Though I agree, that shouldn't be a headline.

I agree with your suggested headline. Sure

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are videos out there of democrats like Joe Biden using the word lynching during Clinton impeachment. It's gonna end up.on trumps twitter.