• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
How does this jar with the narrative that Coronavirus is the product of Communists? I feel like God creating coronavirus to punish Americans for their progressive views on LGBTQ+ issues, abortion, etc., doesn't gel with the idea that Chinese Communists created coronavirus because they are godless atheists.

We need an ecumenical society to get to the bottom of this now.

The same way that Trump's been doing a kick-ass job on containing this overblown hoax.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
relgion is a disease

Organized religion is a disease, and all it does is disrupt science and progress. I have to try and not think about it as much as i can cause it pisses me off so much that millions of people are brainwashed to not believe in evolution, big bang, climate change, etc.

What's very disturbing and fucked to me is we have Alex Azar and Betsy DeVos, people in charge of our nation's education and health, attending these White House bible studies.....

The Drollinger-led Bible study meets every Wednesday morning with members of Trump's cabinet, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, and Health Secretary Alex Azar. Carson and Azar, notably, are members of the coronavirus task force guiding the federal government response to the pandemic.

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, maybe God is punishing us for the moneychangers in the temple that constantly try to profit off of Christianity instead of reaching out and helping the poor?

But, no, that would require self reflection instead of slinging bigotry. So of course this asshole wouldn't suggest that.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
What's very disturbing and fucked to me is we have Alex Azar and Betsy DeVos, people in charge of our nation's education and health, attending these White House bible studies.....

Was speaking to my wife about people like DeVos. Her attending a bible study like this isn't shocking. Isn't she the same one who's family donated to groups that believed in shock therapy for children to "cure" them?

These aren't good people.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
What a gigantic piece of shit.

People are dying, people are hurting financially and everyone is afraid and uncertain. And he picks this time to find someone to blame. How about looking at the incompetent government you serve as a scapegoat instead of citizens?

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Let's just say a lot of these so-called Christians are picking and choosing which Bible passage to read in which one to ignore. It makes all the other legitimate Christians who actually read the Bible and understand what God is saying look bad.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
How does this jar with the narrative that Coronavirus is the product of Communists? I feel like God creating coronavirus to punish Americans for their progressive views on LGBTQ+ issues, abortion, etc., doesn't gel with the idea that Chinese Communists created coronavirus because they are godless atheists.

We need an ecumenical society to get to the bottom of this now.
Not mention MLMers have a historical awful track record on LGBTQ+ issues themselves.
Yep and unfortunately there are actually people who believe this bullshit...and they breed, and breed, and breed, to say nothing of the unconstitutional violation of the First Amendment by this so-called "Capitol Ministry" that preaches only Evangelicals should hold public office.

This branch of Evangelicalism is called "Dominionist" because they believe America is "God's Dominion" and the Bible points to America as being a primary player in the battle between good and evil they call Armageddon.

As Armageddon is the necessary gateway for Jesus' return to Earth and his 1,000 year reign, they believe God will protect them by either the "Rapture" or on the ground, they have no fear of an all out nuclear war.

Moreover, they see America fulfilling its biblical destiny when the president of the United States pushes the red button on the football that initiates a world-wide nuclear war.
The ancient Hebrews likely had little knowledge of what was happening outside of the Middle East and the Mediterranean, let alone foreknowledge of a continent a whole ocean away that no Afro-Eurasians outside of the Norse knew existed until the 1490s.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Let's make sure we focus on who the real bad guy is here so people go to the polls November.

This is what we're trying to put a stop to.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This branch of Evangelicalism is called "Dominionist" because they believe America is "God's Dominion" and the Bible points to America as being a primary player in the battle between good and evil they call Armageddon.

Yeah Dominionists make up a good chunk of that base. It's spread into Catholicism as well, although the "religious right" was always a loose alliance of both.

If you watch The Family you'll see that this cult has been doing this crap for decades.

That's what the National Prayer Breakfast is, a meeting of the clan.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
God is angry at the gays so he'll kill old people, diabetics, and smokers. Sadly, a ton of them in the country that hosts the Vatican.

Deleted member 46489

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Edit: Removed a sarcastic comment about sending all these idiots to Italy as that's insensitive (to Italians, not to these fucks).

Last edited:

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
All of this is garbage nonsense but environmentalists? How do you even respond to such obscene stupidity.
Yup, to the right, scientists and people who say climate change is real and advocate for action are just insane zealots, doomsday psychos, preaching apocalyptic nonsense that conflict with the obvious fact that man can't affect the earth, only God can

And even if there are manmade effects, it's nothing compared to what a volcano produces

And even if those manmade effects are noticeable and do create a ton of CO2, that's actually a good thing because plants need CO2 so actually manmade climate change is fantastic for the planet and insane liberals just want to downplay those positive results to hurt corporations and capitalism

That's the kind of greed and madness we're dealing with

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Has this man not read a Bible?

Proverbs 6:16-19
16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

This describes our current administration.
For most, if not all of these types, religion is a means to justify being an asshole. They want to believe that they're special and better than everyone else, and so they go looking for justification that their god says it's cool to feel superior and to hate those they hate.

The parts of the Bible they fixate on are illuminating, since its nearly always the parts about an "elect" and god's wrath coming down on the unfaithful while the pure bask in god's eternal greatness or whatever. They think they're like the Hebrews or something in ancient times.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
There has never been a true separation of church and state in this country. In comparison to the former English empire sure, but in reality it still has always existed in some way.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
...or...things were getting better for all people and we were making progress, now you have a hate-filled, racist, bigoted administration and a world moving more to the right.

WWJD

..just say'n 🤔🤔

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to offend any religious people, but I personally interpret the Bible as being a book written by people in power at the time to keep complete control over people who didn't have power and now the book is being used as a brainwashing tool to keep people believing in what was written in the Bible.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I dunno what the reason is, but things didn't get bad here until the Senate's sham trial. Just sayin'..

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF, man. WTF.

Bible study leader? What is that even.

It's how you convince your flock that when Jesus says "love the least among you" that he doesn't mean EVERYONE - obviously not the gays or the foreigners - and that in biblical times, "Samaritan" was Greek meaning "one of the good ones" and inferred an employee class not entitled to benefits or health insurance - and that "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" only applies to individual filing for non religious affiliated individuals and that it didn't apply to churches or corporations.

Without Bible study it's not realistic to expect civilians to understand the nuance of Jesus' careful financial and racial advice.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Took them long enough to splurt this stupidity out of their anuses.

I thought someone would have said that long ago.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
YIKES.

Not to offend any religious people, but I personally interpret the Bible as being a book written by people in power at the time to keep complete control over people who didn't have power and now the book is being used as a brainwashing tool to keep people believing in what was written in the Bible.

None taken! And no, the Bible isn't a book written by people in power to keep control of others. But it is a book with some very controversial ideas, a lot of which were written by poor people, and unfortunately used to oppress (with fear, mainly).

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Has this man not read a Bible?

Proverbs 6:16-19
16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

This describes our current administration.

I'm currently reading through the Bible and jesus christ, you could seriously apply so so many quotes to what's happening in the US, or other countries with conservative government (my own country included). I'm nearing the end of Old Testament and homosexuality had been mentioned like two-three times in passing, while there are dozens upon dozens of pages on the danger of false prophets and how disastrous showing off your faith is without putting in the work. It's mindblowing just to what extent Bible is exploited by most religious organizations.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If god is so angry he should come and let us know himself, instead of having us fumbling through all sorts of theories and excuses as to why this is going on.
These people want to dominate everything, the only freedom they believe in is the freedom to do as they please.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
As disgusting as this is it's probably going to end up being wise from a strategic perspective. I'm sure there's plenty of idiots currently nodding along with this who will happily vote for an administration that echoes their bigotry despite being highly vulnerable to large health care expenses and to having to go an extended time without pay. To anyone with half a brain it's reprehensible that the administration is spouting shit like this instead of working to ease the burden of the virus on families, but if most Americans had half a brain Trump wouldn't be President, so here we are.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Seems like a great idea to let a clearly unhinged lunatic have close contact with powerful people. But wait, those powerful people are lunatics too.

What goddamned mess.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Have these conservatives ever thought that if God were to punish America with the coronavirus, it would be because of them?

Jesus had a terrible relationship with Pharisees and teachers of the law, which a lot of these evangelical conservatives have become.

Congratulations Republicans, you became the people that would have crucified Jesus.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
According to my Bible studies God used to send bears to kill people taking the piss out of bald people.
Trump was elected and many people took the piss out of his hair. Of course god has other options to kill those mocking bald people such as a virus.

So if Trump was as replaced by a president with lucious locks there'd be less mocking the folically challenged and the virus might fade away. Worth trying.

Deleted member 64860

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
This has been one of the greatest administration for grifters, so surreal that stuff like this could be heard in the White House.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Regardless of what you think it is, they're selectively ignoring parts which totally dismiss or even condemn their actions. These people just want power.

The American Taliban.