• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember, unlike Main Stream Media which don't even pretend fairness anymore. ( CBS, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC) ,there is only 1 conservative outlet Fox News ( News + Opinion) and there is no other outlet which makes it even fair.

So, from a conservative point of view, having some sort of a balance is important ( Breitbart, OANN) are a bit too extreme in their view points, must say, even more than MSNBC.
Is this a serious post or are you just fucking around?

OP
OP
.Detective.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
I need a meme of that image where the dude looks thirstily at the lady walking by, while the one he is with looks outraged.

Aug 26, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Defending bigots over multiple posts
What am I even reading here?

Is this a serious post or are you just fucking around?

Well, do tell why its hard to comprehend, I will definitely try to explain my stance.

Conservatism has been largely relegated for a long time( before Trump came) to an age group above 45 and non-educated White Men. Fox News was the only channel which had a conservative view point out there ( Remember the news section and opinion section is different).

Now you have a lot of young conservatives thanks to Trump, in a good or bad way, who are reaching younger age groups ( Fox Nation was aimed at this). Breitbart, OANN gained momentum. Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, Candace Owens etc. who are reaching this using social media platforms which has been DOMINATED by Liberal viewpoints ( Take Late night hosts who do 10 minute monologues about Orange man bad which was very rare before Trump) etc.

Just saying, there needs to be some competition from a conservative media channel to show what conservative view points.

FYI, I am not a fan of OANN, Trump or Breitbart ( Although I do like many view points of Tucker Carlson, Steve Bannon)

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try to shift that Overton window to where Fox News is center, OANN is right, and everything else is some kind of left.

Aug 26, 2018
A couple of things:

1) "Mainstream media" is too fair
2) Fox News is all opinion; no news

Thats absolutely not true. Remember no matter how bad things are, journalists are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE STORY, they should report both sides of the story, case in point, BBC News.

Chris Wallace, Bill Hemmer, Bret Baier, Martha McCallum, Howard Kurtz , Weekend News hosts etc. are all news hosts ( yes, they are conservatives) and are NOT the same as opinion anchors like Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hard for me to laugh about OANN. We are living in a country molded by years of Fox News. And a lot of us sat around laughing at them the whole time they infected society. And now something new has come along that seems to find Fox News too tame, and our dumb fuck President is in fucking love with them. This shit is bad.

May 26, 2018
This is like when that coward Marty Janetty jumped through a window to get away from Shawn Michaels.

Fox News finally having their "are we the baddies?" moment I bet.

Not for a second. If Trump just told his supporters to never watch Fox News again because Fox were all liberals who betrayed America, you'd probably see their channel vanish into dust within a month lol

Well, do tell why its hard to comprehend, I will definitely try to explain my stance.

Conservatism has been largely relegated for a long time( before Trump came) to an age group above 45 and non-educated White Men. Fox News was the only channel which had a conservative view point out there ( Remember the news section and opinion section is different).

Now you have a lot of young conservatives thanks to Trump, in a good or bad way, who are reaching younger age groups ( Fox Nation was aimed at this). Breitbart, OANN gained momentum. Ben Shapiro, Dave Rubin, Candace Owens etc. who are reaching this using social media platforms which has been DOMINATED by Liberal viewpoints ( Take Late night hosts who do 10 minute monologues about Orange man bad which was very rare before Trump) etc.

Just saying, there needs to be some competition from a conservative media channel to show what conservative view points.

FYI, I am not a fan of OANN, Trump or Breitbart ( Although I do like many view points of Tucker Carlson, Steve Bannon)

Well, that's an...interesting perspective.. Thanks for the feedback, I suppose.

FYI: You're going to find discussions here extremely difficult.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Thats absolutely not true. Remember no matter how bad things are, journalists are NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE STORY, they should report both sides of the story, case in point, BBC News.

Chris Wallace, Bill Hemmer, Bret Baier, Martha McCallum, Howard Kurtz , Weekend News hosts etc. are all news hosts ( yes, they are conservatives) and are NOT the same as opinion anchors like Hannity, Carlson and Ingraham.
They aren't supposed to report both sides. They're supposed to report the facts and any context needed to understand the facts.

Aug 26, 2018
How the fuck have you survived two years on this board?

lol, my first entry into the etcetera section and my god its so hostile, its hard to have a discussion.

No one even wants to listen, I am not defending OANN or something, just saying there is a reason why Trump wants to promote OANN over Fox, because Fox News section can at times be critical which he doesn't like.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

200.gif

May 26, 2018
lol, my first entry into the etcetera section and my god its so hostile, its hard to have a discussion.

No one even wants to listen, I am not defending OANN or something, just saying there is a reason why Trump wants to promote OANN over Fox, because Fox News section can at times be critical which he doesn't like.

You've been here for two years and you're blown away by any hostile reaction? Have you spent all of your time in extremely specific gaming threads?

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Before you guys start reading too much into this; Trump's posted tweets like this half a dozen times already throughout his presidency. Whenever something appears on Fox that's not sufficiently fawning of him, he shits on them and touts OANN as the girl who WILL swallow after giving him head. He's not gonna stop watching Fox. This is like Tuesday for him. He knows it and so does Fox.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

I'm interested in what specific opinions of bannon and Carlson you like?

Aug 26, 2018
Not trying to give you shit man, but when you bring up Fucker Carlson people tend to react... negatively.

I like SOME of their view points.

Case in point, over reliance on Chinese supply chain during the time of need is something Steve Bannon has strongly advertised against which in the current moment is something worth discussing.

Tucker Carlson, he has questioned the reliance on Wall Street by Politicians in terms of lobbying etc. He is one of those people who doesn't say Capitalism is god unlike a lot of conservatives who even balk when someone questions it, I think thats why Bernie was quite popular.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Remember, unlike Main Stream Media which don't even pretend fairness anymore. ( CBS, PBS, NPR, CNN, MSNBC) ,there is only 1 conservative outlet Fox News ( News + Opinion) and there is no other outlet which makes it even fair.

So, from a conservative point of view, having some sort of a balance is important ( Breitbart, OANN) are a bit too extreme in their view points, must say, even more than MSNBC.
interesting.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
If that's what you care about, then supporting racist fucksticks like Tucker and Bannon isn't the way to go.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
So like the mainstream media. It's incredibly frustrating because one side uses verifiable facts and the other uses misdirection, obfuscation, and lies.

They are all opinion. It's just the night hosts are so batshit it makes the "real" anchors seem fair.

Case in point, over reliance on Chinese supply chain during the time of need is something Steve Bannon has strongly advertised against which in the current moment is something worth discussing.

Tucker Carlson, he has questioned the reliance on Wall Street by Politicians in terms of lobbying etc. He is one of those people who doesn't say Capitalism is god unlike a lot of conservatives who even balk when someone questions it, I think thats why Bernie was quite popular.
Are those enough to overlook their white supremacy?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

tucker Carlson is the lapdog of Rupert Murdock.

you are getting played so much and it isn't even funny.

Aug 26, 2018
You've been here for two years and you're blown away by any hostile reaction? Have you spent all of your time in extremely specific gaming threads?

Actually yes :)

Yeah, the truth has a real harsh bias.

Curious, where do you get your news from?

I'm interested in what specific opinions of bannon and Carlson you like?

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

"A bit too extreme, even more than MSNBC"

MSNBC is an actual news service. Breitbart et al are full on hate-mongers that flat out lie.

In what way does the "Main Stream Media" not even pretend fairness anymore? Why does having one conservative network dedicated to spreading misinformation and manufacturing hate balance out a bunch of networks that follow journalistic principles? That's a counterweight against accuracy, not ideology.

Oct 31, 2017
Hard for me to laugh about OANN. We are living in a country molded by years of Fox News. And a lot of us sat around laughing at them the whole time they infected society. And now something new has come along that seems to find Fox News too tame, and our dumb fuck President is in fucking love with them. This shit is bad.
It is incredibly bad.

I shared the Atlantic article from today from Tom Nichols, a former Republican, who talked about how watching Donald Trump spew his garbage for the daily coronavirus press briefings was bad and making those who watch them into worse people. I contextualized this article by talking about how this is one of the critical dangers of elevating a person with the pathological psychology, that the more people are exposed to these kinds of psychologies, the worse it is for their well-being.

A kool-aid drinker came along and commented saying they 'loved me', but that I should 'find some new hobbies because this is making me insane'. The projection and gaslighting was not surprising, but still infuriating. And this kind of action is common for all of these people due to being mutated by him and the GOP propaganda apparatuses. Clearly, the person was/is triggered by my continual speaking truth to power about the nature of what's happening to the country, but this anecdotal experience of mine speaks to the danger of all of this.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

The unironic use of "orange man bad" is very telling.

Aug 26, 2018
So like the mainstream media. It's incredibly frustrating because one side uses verifiable facts and the other uses misdirection, obfuscation, and lies.

They are all opinion. It's just the night hosts are so batshit it makes the "real" anchors seem fair.
tucker Carlson is the lapdog of Rupert Murdock.

you are getting played so much and it isn't even funny.

To give some context, I am from GERMANY but am curious about US politics which is why I follow it, I have no bone in the game.

Just watch all channels and try to make my own opinion on things, just trying to see things from both sides which it seems is hard here.

Sobriquet

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC
To give some context, I am from GERMANY but am curious about US politics which is why I follow it, I have no bone in the game.

Just watch all channels and try to make my own opinion on things, just trying to see things from both sides which it seems is hard here.
OK. Just so you know, Fox News is entirely propaganda. Again, mainstream news is constantly showing both sides to its detriment. Lies should not hold the same weight as facts.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If you're serious, then you're being disingenuous as hell. The political slant of Fox News is nowhere near comparable to the networks you mentioned (you've clearly never actually listened to NPR before). MSNBC is probably the most left leaning, and yet they're still not even close to Fox News. And that's not even getting into how much fucking misinformation goes on at Fox News. CNN is the only one close in that department.

On a side note, Fox News IS mainstream media! Their ratings blow away the competition, so enough with this "they're just the little conservative guys going up against the big, scary bully news networks" narrative.