• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Trump should be mad at Senate Republicans for not passing a big stimulus. Not saying he would have won(definitely glad he didn't), but it wouldn't have hurt either.
He should also be mad that Mitch kept telling him how great pushing all those judges was for him and yet they all ruled against his bullshit. Neither deserves the other's loyalty here.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Does anyone have any insights into how "real" this situation actually is, or is it really just the media hyping it up and wishful thinking?

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Is Trump going to hold the GOP hostage all the way through 2024? They're going to be actively rooting for his prosecution at this rate.
He will definitely be holding the Republican primary hostage. He is basically freezing out all those so called 'young conservative stars" who been waiting. Which is why I find it hard to believe they all will continue to endorse him. They have political aspirations too, and realize your shot doesn't come around too often. The Rubios, Cottons, etc. want their chance to run for President.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
They will complain again when they lose.

"how could this be? Why did nobody vote?"

Just like mail in voting.
"how could this be? Why did nobody vote?"

BECAUSE YOU TOLD EVERYONE NOT TO VOTE.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Does anyone have any insights into how "real" this situation actually is, or is it really just the media hyping it up and wishful thinking?
I mean, if recent years have taught us anything its that we cannot know "real" anymore.

It's real in the sense that people are legitimately putting out these ads.
It's real in that people like Trump and others are legitimately saying things like "why vote?".
It's real that there is likely a non-zero number of Trump supporters who legitimately believe this stuff because their "great leader" says so.

Will it make a difference "real" though? We'll have to wait for the results.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
I6AKHoZ.gif

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I mean, if recent years have taught us anything its that we cannot know "real" anymore.

It's real in the sense that people are legitimately putting out these ads.
It's real in that people like Trump and others are legitimately saying things like "why vote?".
It's real that there is likely a non-zero number of Trump supporters who legitimately believe this stuff because their "great leader" says so.

Will it make a difference "real" though? We'll have to wait for the results.

Good points. I'm trying to really temper my expectations given how the polls in 2020 (while largely right) were off by several percent in the battleground states.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The concern here is he'll hurt the Republicans enough that they cave and let him meddle in 2022 through to 2024. Like a battered wife.

Anyways, as an aside.

Trump sadly has locked in the dispossesed working class whites that have seen their jobs disappear and replaced with nothing. I am listening to Obama's new book and I'm struck how those very people were among his early supporters.

In many ways the way Republicans reacted to the 'cult' around Obama is in many ways how the Democrats are reacting to the cult around Trump. There's a thin line here and enthusisam for Obama's change message has transferred to Trump. The democrats need to figure something out here. Those voters aren't all irredeemable, but they don't like business as usual.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
This is the Snakes on a Plane of political campaigns. Huge on the internet that's not going to translate to the polls. GOP is absolutely coming out to vote, the only thing rank and file Republicans hate more than elected reps that are insufficiently deferent to Trump are Democrats.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trump isn't a Republican, he just ran as one. He has no love for them, and they never had any real love for him. They were basically using each other for about four years. This is going to look like a bad break up.
Yes
The concern here is he'll hurt the Republicans enough that they cave and let him meddle in 2022 through to 2024. Like a battered wife.

Anyways, as an aside.

Trump sadly has locked in the dispossesed working class whites that have seen their jobs disappear and replaced with nothing. I am listening to Obama's new book and I'm struck how those very people were among his early supporters.

In many ways the way Republicans reacted to the 'cult' around Obama is in many ways how the Democrats are reacting to the cult around Trump. There's a thin line here and enthusisam for Obama's change message has transferred to Trump. The democrats need to figure something out here. Those voters aren't all irredeemable, but they don't like business as usual.
Yea, Michael Moore had that great discussion around this post Trump's victory. I felt it was very accurate. People are so desperate for change that they'll take to the outlier, and in the case of trump they hoped a "businessman" who was beyond the political/financial reach (obviously false) would change everything. But the point being people want something different and to them the DNC and moderate republicans represent the same old system we've had for decades. They aren't entirely wrong, they're just idiots for entrusting it to people who's only motivation is to themselves.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Said this earlier, he's going to destroy the Republican Party and we should all welcome it. The more he talks, the more he fires up Dems and demotivates his base.

He won't win 2024 because the USPS will be firing on all cylinders again and we have better election security, thanks MIcrosoft.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
His supporters seem to want it to be a lion 🦁

You know where they lions? That big county, Africa! You know what's American? A moose!

I thought you were referencing TR's Bull Moose (Progressive) Party that doomed the Republican's chances in 1912?
If not my bad

Of course not, that ruined the sitting Republican president.

There will be no sitting Republican president running in 2024. Completely different.

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Good points. I'm trying to really temper my expectations given how the polls in 2020 (while largely right) were off by several percent in the battleground states.

Georgia is actually one of the only states where the polls were correct.

I think Warnock is happening, the Ossoff/Purdue race will be the deciding one.

Ossoff was only behind Purdue by 2%, so you really wouldn't need to depress GOP turnout by very much to flip that seat.

Democratic turnout will probably also be down since Trump has already been defeated and I'm guessing at least some GA voters turned out just for that. It depends on which party is able to hold on to more of the 2020 base. I'm a bit pessimistic on Ossoff's chances since he did basically lose.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
typical mob extortion tactics. that's how he tries to do everything. in this case, they can all eat shit.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone being as unhinged and narssisistic as trump certainly has made things interesting

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
When push comes to shove, GOP voters always turn out to vote. I'd take articles like this with a grain of salt.

Oct 29, 2017
Trump torching the rest of the Republican party on his way out is too much to wish for. I'm not going to get my hopes up. It would be the best possible outcome though.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
All too good to be true.

I fully expect the dems to lose both races in Georgia because 2020. I'm really hoping that I'm wrong.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
This feels like a trap, typical GOP scare tactic on one side and false sense of inevitability for suppression on the other.

The GOP always consolidates, never a safe bet here. They'll show up and therefor Dems need to show up even more

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
If the Democrats actually take back the Senate because of these Trumpers, oh man. What a glorious day that would be.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Money AND pettiness go hand in hand with Donald Trump. He's made what, $150 Million since election day from donations?

He doesn't give a single fuck about Republicans and their party, they are a collective means to an end for him, like every business deal and every person he's ever dealt with.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Procedural question here ...

So, Georgia requires 50%+1 in these runoff elections. I assume they don't allow write-in candidates, then? I remember there was a troll campaign saying "Write in Donald Trump and Don Jr to show you support the president!" But, thiinking about it they can't allow write-ins for the final vote, right? One candidate has to get 50%+1

It is truly amazing how quickly Trump turns his back on you if he thinks you didn't serve him properly. There was no bigger Trump sycophant than Kemp over the last 2 years. They were the tightest of bossom buddies, Kemp literally sent Georgians to die during the pandemic pandering to Trump, and now Kemp can't steal Georgia for Trump and Trump has just utterly swept him under the bus.

Georgia Tech grad here, and I have nothing but absolute contempt for Kemp. Had it before, but he basically forced my alma mater (as a state university) to march to their doom this fall. Yes it ultimately boils down to fraternities and sororities going wild, no I won't stop blaming him because he could've stopped the last Georgia blowup by keeping the shit closed. And it was all for nothing because Trump still hates him anyway.

And him being a Bulldog only twists the knife further. He can get so absolutely fucked.

GOP about to find out Trumpers only simp for Daddy Trump. Its so goddamn funny.

I don't care if this isn't actually from Republicans, very few people will actually ascertain the difference at that's all that matters. It's dirty as fuck but it doesn't come even close to the degree of fuckery they've allowed.

What dimension is this chess now?

We in the goddamn Fumble Dimension now.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Trumpers are really out there crying for their cult leader. A not insignificant number of them are so delusional that they would take a bullet for the man, so it shouldn't be surprising that the cultists are revolting.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
The GOP always consolidates, never a safe bet here. They'll show up and therefor Dems need to show up even more
By no means do I advocate relaxing and not working our asses off, but I am beginning to wonder on the consolidation at this point. There are clearly Trumpers who are upset and tired of the Republicans who are too pro-democracy for their tastes, but it's really a matter of scale.

Traditional logic says that they are a vocal minority of the whole, but recent experiences tell us that we cannot accurately estimate the levels of crazy out there these days.