• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The Trump-appointed prosecutor installed recently as the acting U.S. attorney in Atlanta said Monday that his office would not pursue spurious election fraud-related cases, assuming the same position that drew White House ire for his predecessor.

In a recording obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution acting U.S. Attorney Bobby Christine said Monday he had already rejected two "high profile" election-related cases within the office's jurisdiction.

"I can tell you I closed the two most — I don't know, I guess you'd call them high profile or the two most pressing election issues this office has," he said. "I said I believe, as many of the people around the table believed, there's just nothing to them."

The former U.S. attorney for Northern District of Georgia, Byung "BJay" Pak, resigned last week and was replaced by Christine. The Trump administration passed over the top career prosecutor — who typically takes over in the event of an emergency or sudden vacancy — as Pak's replacement, opting instead for Christine, who had served as the U.S. Attorney for the southern part of the state.

Christine said he had been named the acting U.S. attorney shortly thereafter "by written order of the President."

www.politico.com

Acting U.S. attorney in Atlanta signals lack of merit in election fraud cases eyed by Trump

Bobby Christine’s decision not to take up a hobbyhorse of the president is likely to reassure some skeptics.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I almost can't enjoy any more L's. Almost. Though I'd prefer just to never have to think of this shit strain ever again.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's so hilarious how all of these people he installed into positions of power are not doing the very thing he probably installed them in for haha

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Trump-appointed prosecutor installed recently as the acting U.S. attorney in Atlanta said Monday that his office would not pursue spurious election fraud-related cases, assuming the same position that drew White House ire for his predecessor.
bo9XZ4T.jpg

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's so hilarious how all of these people he installed into positions of power are not doing the very thing he probably installed them in for haha

Even Trump's own appointees know it's bullshit.

The ones he appointed hit him the hardest during the bullshit

Yeah. They weren't going to risk being impeached & removed for it & possibly go to jail behind him.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Seems no one told Orange Fuckwad that once he appoints these judges they don't really owe him anything since its for life. I'd wager given he surrounds himself with morons that no one else realized that either until it was too late.