• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Americans need to end the Republican party years ago. right now its an emergency, people should mobilize and DO something.. go to whereever Republican leaders are and DEMAND that they remove Trump immediately. without senseless violence of course. the people have all the power, Trump could have easily been thrown into the garbage bin of history when he first showed clear signs of fascism. but nope, for some reason tens of millions of non-starving people can't do it in 2 years.. why? are the Republicans and Trump really that scary? just fucking mobilize and go where they are!

honestly i think its lunacy to put all faith into some report by Mueller, it might still go on for a long while.. people needed to collectively act ages ago. even voting for Democrats seems futile, what are they going to really do? just more slow moving investigations? from what i've seen many elected Democrats dont even dare to raise their voice at Trump, or call him what he really is and say what really needs to be done with him (instant impeachment and possible jail time).

i don't know, i just fear things are gonna get a lot worse and the Democrats wont be able to save the situation with their timid tactics against a truly monstrous and immoral enemy (GOP, Trump and the base). maybe if people showed how angry they really are, the Democrats could get on board with that..

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Well, okay, I guess if you believe that if anyone who has the ability to move to another country cannot possibly be suffering, sure. Fuck mental health, right?

This isn't a suffering competition. Let people live their lives. You aren't a bad person if you want to be in a place, with your family, that treats you like a human being. As of right now, if you're not a white cis male, you are easily justified in saying you are not currently treated that way.

And you would be right. But the people who can afford to leave are, generally, white cis males. These people come from a position of privilege and would rather ran than stay and help protect the people under threat.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And you would be right. But the people who can afford to leave are, generally, white cis males. These people come from a position of privilege and would rather ran than stay and help protect the people under threat.
That is an *extremely* general statement and you shouldn't presume any individual about to leave is a white cis male, OR that this theoretical white cis male doesn't have a family they'd like to protect. Plenty of women and POC's are well-off enough to buy a plane ticket and ship some stuff; the barrier to actually going is usually not financial, but rather the breaking of lifelong ties to friends and family, and massive culture shock/language barriers.

And even then, frankly, many liberal white cis males are still probably under a moderate to severe amount of mental pressure; most anti-Trump people have reported a significant uptick in worry, anxiety, and worse overall mental health.

Stop framing it according to your rules. You're overly judgmental and hostile toward anyone who wants to do what's right for them. And frankly, unless they live in a swing state, it doesn't even *really* matter. I could fuck off to Canada (not actually, emigration to most first-world countries is normally quite difficult) and California would be fine.

Like, honestly, if I were a liberal white dude living in rural Alabama, and I hated the bigots around me and wanted to move to California, and you told me, no, you're privileged and you should stay in Alabama and fight, I'd tell you to mind your damn business.

Last edited:

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I look at shit like this and just have to shut the phone off and do breathing exercises. Our country is in a dark, dark place right now.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Americans need to end the Republican party years ago. right now its an emergency, people should mobilize and DO something.. go to whereever Republican leaders are and DEMAND that they remove Trump immediately. without senseless violence of course. the people have all the power, Trump could have easily been thrown into the garbage bin of history when he first showed clear signs of fascism. but nope, for some reason tens of millions of non-starving people can't do it in 2 years.. why? are the Republicans and Trump really that scary? just fucking mobilize and go where they are!

honestly i think its lunacy to put all faith into some report by Mueller, it might still go on for a long while.. people needed to collectively act ages ago. even voting for Democrats seems futile, what are they going to really do? just more slow moving investigations? from what i've seen many elected Democrats dont even dare to raise their voice at Trump, or call him what he really is and say what really needs to be done with him (instant impeachment and possible jail time).

i don't know, i just fear things are gonna get a lot worse and the Democrats wont be able to save the situation with their timid tactics against a truly monstrous and immoral enemy (GOP, Trump and the base). maybe if people showed how angry they really are, the Democrats could get on board with that..

There is a process here, what you're asking for is a coup d'état. Impeachment requires investigations and time, and then there's the logistics and political problems with throwing a president in jail with a country's government which is not inclined to legally punish its POTUS's when they break the law. I will say the chances are much higher with this occurring with Trump, where as with war criminals like George W. it was a pipe dream.

Yes, Republicans and Trump are that scary. Look at what they're doing now, what you're suggesting is risking them going full fascist. Civil war is the trump card the GOP has had in their back pocket for decades, it's why the Dems are not so inclined to punish them legally.

Santiako

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Advocating murder
Do we still get banned for wishing someone would assasinate him? Because I wish someone would just kill this person.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What mental gymnastics do you have to pull to reach that

Its like that dude who calls fouls on almost every play on pick up game of basketball constantly. This motherfucker is on the bench and still calling them...

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

We need laws against gerrymandering, get rid of the electoral college, and scale Senate seats by state population. Republicans represent less than 40% of the US but basically get the Senate for free and the supreme court by dumb luck and get way more house seats than they deserve. The Senate was set up to prevent mob rule, but the US is way different than it was in 1776, now we have rural mob rule. Supreme court should have tenure limits and 10x the seats.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Do we still get banned for wishing someone would assasinate him? Because I wish someone would just kill this person.

Beyond what has been said, this would also deify Trump and make him a martyr. Blame and rage would be shifted from Trump to the assassin and would never let up. History would primarily remember him for his death and murder, while his horrendous policies and worldview get pushed out of the spotlight. There would also likely be a surge in a Republican sympathy votes going forward too.

No, he needs to go down for his actions and crimes and become the poster child of a warning, a lesson to the threat our democracy is always under for generations. To stain the GOP for all to remember. You lose that if he becomes a victim.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, Republicans have now shifted over to a line of thinking that makes American blameless in... everything. Nothing is America's fault, it is always the fault of the other. Somehow. ESPECIALLY when Republicans are actually in charge, then they're super-extra-double NOT RESPONSIBLE for things that happen.

It's kind of amazing how one American political party has completely devolved into "It's never my fault, ever."
Except when you ask them to hold Putin/Russia accountable for anything, in which case it becomes, "Are any of us truly innocent?"

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Beyond what has been said, this would also deify Trump and make him a martyr. Blame and rage would be shifted from Trump to the assassin and would never let up. History would primarily remember him for his death and murder, while his horrendous policies and worldview get pushed out of the spotlight. There would also likely be a surge in a Republican sympathy votes going forward too.

No, he needs to go down for his actions and crimes and become the poster child of a warning, a lesson to the threat our democracy is always under for generations. To stain the GOP for all to remember. You lose that if he becomes a victim.
Not just on to the killer, but onto Democrats. Good luck getting any Independent votes or moderate votes for the next decade as they solidify in their belief that it really is the Democrat's that are the enemies of America just like Trump said, and the country needs to come together and heal, under Republicans. Wouldn't be long before Christianity was being brought back into schools under President Pence.

People are emotional and would come out in DROVES to elect Trump's replacement and Republicans out of anger, but also out of a sense of patriotic duty. The country would be pretty solid Red for the next decade.

Hell. No.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is trying so hard to project his failures on everyone else.

Nobody is buying that shit.

Trump and ICE own everything that has happened since he took office. Blood is on their hands.