• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
"The president did not lose the election, he will remain in office" is what all the government agencies will regurgitate when Trump loses. Mark my words.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
"The president did not lose the election, he will remain in office" is what all the government agencies will regurgitate when Trump loses. Mark my words.

"There you have it, folks. Trump remains at The White House for the foreseeable future. Join us after the break, when we'll have Kellyanne Conway discuss the merits of a Presidency with no term limits. Offering a counterpoint will be a political editor from Huffington Post to argue for the merits of democracy. Only on CNN."

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, at this point if the entire government alters its own operations just to stay in his good graces, I don't see why he can't just announce he won ever before the results are in, and have both the Senate and Federal government back him up, saying, "He stays. We won. Get over it and don't try to count the actual results, we're SAYING what happened, and that's what happened. That's America now."

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
And people wanted CNN to stop talking about it. lol. Why should they? There is only one person that should stop this nonsense, and that is the leader of this country, not the news organization reporting on how the president is acting like a baby. Our standards are so low now thanks to Trump. "yeah well, we all know how our president is, so really, CNN is to blame here". Christ. We're doomed as a free nation when we get used to this dictator like behavior.

Oct 27, 2017

President of the National Weather Service Employees Organization ->
Quote Tweet

Dan Sobien

@pres_nwseo
· 45m
Let me assure you the hard working employees of the NWS had nothing to do with the utterly disgusting and disingenuous tweet sent out by NOAA management tonight #NOAA

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
"The only person in power, I would deem more dangerous than a strongman who only knows how to rule, fight and live like he fears nothing...

is the fickle and ever so feeble weakling, who always wake up in the morning, frightened, haunted, and scared to death of almost everything imaginable, except for the unfathomable depths of his own delusion".

And that guy is currently the Commander-in-chief.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I feel sorry for the sycophants still working for Trump but man it's gotta be awful when you need to anticipate him being so petty that he would try to change the map at the last minute with a sharpie.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I sure hope conservatives don't go after him for lying about the honest weather expert President who was the only one brave enough to tell the truth about the liberal hurricane conspiracy.
Well, Spann's pretty well liked in the area, known for his great work during the multiple, devastating tornadoes that have gone thru this area over the last 30 years, it'll have to come from very fine individuals that live out of state.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Spann's pretty well liked in the area, known for his great work during the multiple, devastating tornadoes that have gone thru this area over the last 30 years, it'll have to come from very fine individuals that live out of state.

I find it encouraging that some people in Alabama would at least be willing to admit this guy might be right and the President might be wrong. If they just said, "I know I've trusted this man for decades, but the President said it, so he's definitely wrong," I'd weep.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man. That dude is so fired in this current administration. Brave stance, but there's no way he keeps his job now...
He's president of a union. He doesn't work for the NOAA or the executive branch in any capacity. The only way he'd lose his job is if the NWS employees he represents vote him out.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
DiscoveryJumps_photo-2.gif

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I imagine the situation is like Hydra in Winter Soldier. Every US company and organisation has been infiltrated by MAGA cultists, all doing their part to destroy everything. They don't even need to be bribed to tweet bullshit, they'll do it willingly.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously wonder whether he actually does write these himself, or if he dictates them, or if there's like a team of people coordinating to tweet this shit out. What is the endgame for the people enabling this madness?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I think early on it was to take it to the libs. Now it's more to stay out of prison by seizing power.

Gunter

Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Everyone is playing right into Trump's hands by continuing to focus on this story. Sad.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is playing right into Trump's hands by continuing to focus on this story. Sad.

lol no, 99.9% of people just see this thread and go "well, huh. He's still going on about this? What an idiot." and then never think about it again for the rest of the day.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that this seems to be getting the most traction of his entire presidency. This??

Darkgran

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe that this seems to be getting the most traction of his entire presidency. This??

Yes because it shows the lengths that he and his administration will go to deceive the American people. He is setting it all up for election night when he will say the results are fake news and we shouldn't believe them.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Right?

The "this is a distraction and you're all falling for it" take is one of the worst takes with regards to talking about this stuff (and has been for the last few years).

It's gaslighting. Simple gaslighting.

Trump is an authoritarian despot. This is just more evidence gathered and the piece of shit has now gone to the lengths to force an actual fight at the NOAA over his literal criminal act and continued psychopathic lying.

Apathy is how we got here.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yes because it shows the lengths that he and his administration will go to deceive the American people. He is setting it all up for election night when he will say the results are fake news and we shouldn't believe them.

I would think that kids dying in cages would do that.

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
This wont sway anyone: I totally understand the anger and feel it but people dont get upset about gaslighting: keep calling it out and people double down: its human nature