• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Apparently that map is fake too.

No, all the lines are real they are just combining a map of most of the models with the Euro and GFS ensembles, from 00z of August 28, which from my knowledge never happens, in the combined image of different models they usually use the consensus model of these models, the Euro consensus is on there as ECMWF, and anything over 120 is highly inaccurate.

3rDEiGX.png

tRifCzm.png

Edit: Huh, apparently they do do it, Don't normally see these combined.
wG9ah69.gif

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
No, all the lines are real they are just combining a map of most of the models with the Euro and GFS ensembles, from 00z of August 28, which from my knowledge never happens, in the combined image of different models they usually use the consensus model of these models, the Euro consensus is on there as ECMWF, and anything over 120 is highly inaccurate.

It's fake because it's obviously enhanced to colorize the mostly opaque outliers.

Some goon in his admin had to go back to find a random regional orgs map, then shoop it so his boss had a fig leaf to cover up his brain worm disease

EDqakx-TUEAAVPHu-jpeg.jpg

EDp03-OAWk-AE36-Sl-jpeg.jpg

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NY Times reported that the Department of Homeland Security was questioned about the map:

So did Mr. Trump — who frequently uses black Sharpie pens to sign legislation — add the mark to justify his unfounded claim about the dangers faced by residents of the Cotton State?

Or did someone else in his administration clumsily modify the map so that it would appear to back up the president?

The black line on the map was drawn to look like the top of the so-called cone of uncertainty that is familiar to weather watchers. The line curved through the southwest corner of Georgia and the southeast corner of Alabama, and into the Gulf of Mexico.

A spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security said that he was unclear what the black line on the map was referring to and that he needed to gather additional information. He later referred questions about the map to the White House.

Asked about the marking on the map, Mr. Trump told reporters that he did not know how it got there. "I don't know," he said on Wednesday while insisting that his assertion about the dangers that Alabama faced had been right all along.

The president did not say where he got that information, which is directly contradicted by days of reports from the National Weather Service and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, neither of which publicly reported any threat to Alabama from the hurricane.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (permanent): advocating for murder
Why can't someone or something just end this nightmare? We all know he's too evil and stupid to die on his own. He should have already had a massive heart attack and a pinebox nap by now.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
When is this confirmed criminal going to be arrested? He just showed proof he broke federal.law he should be in cuffs right now why isnt he?

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I hope whomever has been around Donald during this ends up telling us about how this played out

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Man how is this even real.

I think he does a lot of stuff like this to give his base fuel to make his opponent's look silly. I imagine he knew he would be caught and that people would call him an idiot, but he thought his supporter's would be able to say "Wow, liberals are so ridiculous that they want him impeached over a damn Sharpie line now, what won't they fixate on!?"

I'm guessing he didn't know it was illegal. I think he does a lot of shit like this on autopilot as well. He was head of his own company for his entire career, I'm sure he used to pull shit this like all the time but he wasn't accountable for anything since he was in charge. I can imagine a client accusing him of falsifying something and him bringing "evidence" like this to a meeting back at Trump Tower.

He's definitely been on a roll these past few days. I wonder if the GOP is considering backing someone else in the primary, between this and the satellite image he Tweeted it's getting really hard to argue he's fit for office. Not that that was ever a winning argument but these latest example of incompetence are impressive.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
I literally could not stop laughing... I can't be the only one. This blatant stupidity really made me laugh out loud. How do people work in that office.?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
I don't follow him so pretty much the only time I see his tweets are on topics on here.

I don't think I've ever seen him ratio'd.. I thought the MAGA army and Twitter bots were too numerous to ever let that happen?
Yeah, I noticed that too. This is the first time I've ever seen a Trump tweet get ratioed. Either this is just too stupid and clearly wrong for people or the tweet doesn't have enough algorithms or key words or whatever to trigger the bots that like his tweets.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
A bit off topic but it's amazing how far off the experts were in predicting the path. It's current path is no where close to what they had predicted... it's not even in the bubble of possible paths they show.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
The worst part of all of this is that NONE of this fucking matters. He's trying to win an argument he lost a week ago with fake shit while a real storm is really threatening to do some damage.

I want off this ride guys.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I noticed that too. This is the first time I've ever seen a Trump tweet get ratioed. Either this is just too stupid and clearly wrong for people or the tweet doesn't have enough algorithms or key words or whatever to trigger the bots that like his tweets.

How many people have argued back, "YOU LEAVE OUR PRESIDENT ALONE FOR BEING THE ONLY ONE BRAVE ENOUGH TO WARN US ABOUT THE TRUTH ABOUT A HURRICANE COMING TO ALABAMA!"

I assume some people have insisted it's happening, or even has happened because of total loyalty to Trump.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How many people have argued back, "YOU LEAVE OUR PRESIDENT ALONE FOR BEING THE ONLY ONE BRAVE ENOUGH TO WARN US ABOUT THE TRUTH ABOUT A HURRICANE COMING TO ALABAMA!"

I assume some people have insisted it's happening, or even has happened because of total loyalty to Trump.

I mean, it's a cult.

I have one family of friends that I know where the mother is still in the religious cult and severed all ties with not just her own husband but her own children when they all left the cult and she refused to go.

20 years later and mother's day is still the hardest time of the year for them.

Once you decide to follow someone and believe everything they say, you're likely never leaving that belief system.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
A bit off topic but it's amazing how far off the experts were in predicting the path. It's current path is no where close to what they had predicted... it's not even in the bubble of possible paths they show.

Well yea it's a 5 day cone and we're about 7-8 after that, it was in that cone throughout those 5 days. The last part of the cone was 8pm Tuesday. NHC are really good at this.

Here is the tracks for Dorian

Last edited:

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
There are probably still Trump sheep hiding in Alabama believing it's gonna change course and come for them any minute.

KeinPlanB

Alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2019
Interesting to see how the complete inability to utter an aplogy or admit a mistake results into these bizarre double, triple and quadruple downs (I think I never ever heard the term quintupling down)

OP
OP
Saya

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Still going

In the early days of the hurricane, when it was predicted that Dorian would go through Miami or West Palm Beach, even before it reached the Bahamas, certain models strongly suggested that Alabama & Georgia would be hit as it made its way through Florida & to the Gulf....

....Instead it turned North and went up the coast, where it continues now. In the one model through Florida, the Great State of Alabama would have been hit or grazed. In the path it took, no. Read my FULL FEMA statement. What I said was accurate! All Fake News in order to demean!

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's so pathetic how this guy can't accept defeat or being wrong or being caught in his stupid attempts to derail the truth.

Which make you wonder how he'll react if he (hopefully) lose the election next year.

"Rigged. RIGGED. The elections were rigged. I demand another count and/or election. Until I'm declared winner because I'm the best president this country ever had. Just ask the people at my rallies."

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

An official White House photograph shows that President Donald Trump was briefed on the likely progress of Hurricane Dorian with a map which did not show that it would hit Alabama.
The image — taken during a briefing on Thursday August 29, and posted on the White House Flickr page— shows Trump receiving what was then the most up-to-date information on where Dorian could head.
The same map was later produced in an altered form by Trump to support the false claim that Alabama was once thought to be in the storm's path...

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
It's so pathetic how this guy can't accept defeat or being wrong or being caught in his stupid attempts to derail the truth.

Which make you wonder how he'll react if he (hopefully) lose the election next year.

"Rigged. RIGGED. The elections were rigged. I demand another count and/or election. Until I'm declared winner because I'm the best president this country ever had. Just ask the people at my rallies."

I agree it's gonna be a fucking shitshow if he loses. Obviously, there's no worry he'll be able to stay in office, but he's gonna go out kicking up a giant shitstorm of hate, lies, and accusations and I won't be in the least bit surprised when people die over it due to some nut supporter(s) going apeshit.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Why is it so impossible for this person to admit a mistake? No one even cared about this until he himself made a big deal about it. It's not like the hurricane actually followed any of the original projections made by meteorologists so who exactly was expecting Trump to know where it was going to press him on the point?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it so impossible for this person to admit a mistake? No one even cared about this until he himself made a big deal about it. It's not like the hurricane actually followed any of the original projections made by meteorologists so who exactly was expecting Trump to know where it was going to press him on the point?
He's never said sorry, admitted fault, took blame or anything equivalent in.. his.. life. He's not gonna start now.

I'm just surprised he didn't blame the hurricane for being wrong.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It's comical to see the amount of ridicule and abuse he's choosing to get, rather than simply own up to a small mistake last week like any normal person would have done. It's fascinating to think how his "stable genius" mind decides that this outcome is better than admitting a tiny error.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
He's never said sorry, admitted fault, took blame or anything equivalent in.. his.. life. He's not gonna start now.

I'm just surprised he didn't blame the hurricane for being wrong.
It's pretty clear that he meant to say Bahamas but slipped up and said Alabama. People have slips of the tongues all the time. The need to warp reality to match every error is beyond embarrassing and it should make everyone around him wonder if he's not overcompensating for a mental deficiency.