• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess he's making it a part of his re-election platform.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I'm betting the public backlash caused the Yankees to cancel the first pitch. LMAO

Keep taking those Ls, you orange turd.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
He would have took her crown.
tenor.gif

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Yankees had to have pulled his invite.

That or he was scared of possible protests outside the stadium, but I imagine they would keep the perimeter back far enough to prevent boos from being heard in the stadium.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Morbidly-obese, out-of-shape Trump doesn't want to look ridiculous on camera trying to throw a baseball.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm just going to assume the Yanks rescinded the invitation after fans got upset.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the Yankees ever actually officially invited him?
I know Randy Levine is an evil bastard but surely the rest of the team knows what a PR nightmare that would have been.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
poetic how he's willing to do shit on his own time but not when other people ask him

Oct 28, 2017
Yankees had to have pulled his invite.

That or he was scared of possible protests outside the stadium, but I imagine they would keep the perimeter back far enough to prevent boos from being heard in the stadium.
They were getting backlash and there is no reason to piss off half your audience during a pandemic. I'm in agreement that the Yanks pulled the invite.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
He likes to be in controlled situations, being booed like that wouldn't be. Hell wasn't he booed at a Nats game?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
It's funny how when this was announced EVERYONE here knew he'd eventually figure out some excuse to back out of it and that's exactly what happened lol

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Trump can't even lift a glass of water. He probably knew he'd be embarrassed out there.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
lol aww that's too bad. I hate it when things come up at the last minute, two weeks out, 2 days after accepting.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the classic, "I can't, I'm busy that night."

Except he will be busy watching Fox News or OAN if Fox isn't being racist enough that night.

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
Narcissist like him doesn't pass this up. He's either afraid of the optics (boos, kneeling) or he's afraid to embarrass himself with a weak throw. He's being scrutinized for every thing now and doesn't want to show he's weak. Probably knows he can't throw it well. We've seen he seems to struggle with balance, so he may be afraid to fall. Etc

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody in the world cares about you, you fucking idiot.
They're all glad you can't make it.