• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So I know we need to not be complacent, but I bet if things get bad enough he just resigns rather than face the worst presidential blowout in history. This Russia bounty story has the potential to lead to an actual impeachment trial if it's found that he was given the briefing and did nothing, or refused the briefing knowing what it was about.

I think he's actually dumb enough to think losing that bad would be worse than putting himself up for potential criminal charges by SDNY.

how does that work? he drops out and pence runs in its place?

If he resigns they will likely hold another convention and elect a new nominee. Pence will have to run against Romney and some other clowns lol

Him dropping out would be huge. His announcement on TV would be insane to watch.

would he lose any of his legal security for dropping out?

He would have to willingly relinquish Secret Service protection like Nixon did in 1985 probably.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
We gonna run up the score on this bitch. Im hoping at least one traditionally red state goes Blue.

Just one.

Ill print the fucking electoral map and pin it to my wall and touch myself at the sight of it for months.

OP
OP
chubigans

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Having had Trump as my president for the last 4 years. There is no person on earth that will convince the man to not run. his ego would never allow it.
If he continues to have empty rallies I think he'd drop out. It would be the only way to get through to him.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well therein lies the problem, they´re going to get crucified anyway.
It's their fault for making their entire party revolve around Trump.

I'll gladly see to their just desserts this upcoming election. 2018 should've been enough of a wake-up call, but they failed to read the room and now, hopefully, they'll finally pay the price.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This won't happen. The Trump cult (i.e, the Republican base) would crucify the GOP.
The primary campaign "issue" for Trump's base is "looking like they're on the winning team." They don't even have to win, just the image of winning is the point. There's no ideological tissue connecting the base other than they want to feel like winners and liberals are losers. That's why Trump has been so successful with them

If Trump starts being painted as a big dumpy, pouty loser, his base has no use for him. He's there to trigger the libs.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the election through, getting obliterated, and blaming election fraud and media bias seems like the easier, lazier, Trump style route.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We gonna run up the score on this bitch. Im hoping at least one traditionally red state goes Blue.

Just one.

Ill print the fucking electoral map and pin it to my wall and touch myself at the sight of it for months.
I'm with you. I want this to be one of, if not the, worst presidential incumbent defeats in fucking history. A landslide so one sided that no amount of "fraud" talk can sway anyone.

Oct 28, 2017
votesaveamerica.com

Homepage | Vote Save America

Vote Save America is the one-stop shop for everything you need to get informed, get involved, and get out the vote in the most important election of our lifetime.

On one hand I'd love to see him drop out so we don't have to deal with him until January. On the other hand Pence stands a much greater chance of beating Biden in the general as I feel like Trump actually motivates Dems to vote.

Absolutely, look at Trump's disapprovals. People aren't turning out for Biden, they're turning out because you guys have a sociopath as president who is literally trying to kill half of America because he can't admit he was wrong. Its not like its subtle either, he basically told Michigan to bend the knee or die.

One only has to look at the general response to Trump's bullshit in 2020 vs 2016 to know things are different this time round. People would take whatever he said or tweeted seriously or tried to argue away his bullshit with "but Clinton is just as bad", people don't give a shit what he has to say now. He went and signed a bill on police brutality. Literally no one, even Fox News, really cared about it. Its been 4 years, everyone knows the score except for Trump who is running a campaign as if he isn't the incumbent and president.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He can't drop out. It's win or prison. There will be absolutely nothing he won't do to stay President.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's accomplished little-to-nothing, so it's difficult for him to have the same kind of campaign he did in 2016 -- he can't run on building the wall, draining the swamp, or cleaning up the system. He's the status quo, so he can't continue to be the anti-status quo. All of the promises from his previous campaign have gone unfulfilled, so he can't run on that record. He hasn't invented any new initiatives or policies that might excite voters either.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's not going to be enough to just beat him. We have to overwhelming crush him. Make sure that there's no doubt in his mind or even give fox a chance to spin this shit.

This is my take as well. The Senate is within reach. It's not just about Biden beating Trump, it's about Dems winning the Senate as hard as they can. Any buffer they can get secures them more tightly, and it only gets tighter if a Dem Senate and Biden admin actually proceed with DC statehood.

I don't care if it's greedy or overzealous, we have a chance to win all the marbles and by God we need to strike while we can.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
considering he's going to jail when he's out, i wonder what crazy shit he'll pull in the next months/weeks.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you're pretty confident that Trump is going to lose, the goal isn't just to make sure Trump loses. The goal is to make sure that Trump loses by such a wide margin that his "blame voter fraud" bullshit is laughed out of the gate and that his supporters see that their racist, fuckhead views are overwhelmingly, democratically rejected.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be said. Don't let any amount of snarky shit stop it. It's very important that voters don't see stories like this and say "Cool, we got this, I'll just stay home" Especially during a pandemic

I am glad to see he's hurting though. He's feeling the pressure. My biggest concern is he's trying to correct course - he hasn't given up, and eventually he may find the strategist that will strike his campaign against Crooked Hilary levels of gold again. I do hope I am not right though.

Uh.... what? Choosing not to vote because of the pandemic is a pretty good reason to not go out and vote.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually pretty surprised that the Trump administration decided to renew their efforts to repeal/destroy ObamaCare. His promise was always to replace Obamacare with "something better", but they never worked out exactly what that was. So why try to kill Obamacare when there is no replacement lined up?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously everyone needs to vote, but I want this to be a defeat like no other. Like a fucking blowout to send a message.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder though, would he be willing to potentially be the biggest loser in history? I feel like he WOULD drop out before then, but make up some kind of reasoning for it, and then say he'll run in 2024 or something. But the polls have to be crazy lopsided.
Worst loss by an incumbent would be a tough hurdle. In relatively recent history, that's Jimmy Carter:
696px-ElectoralCollege1980.svg.png

I think the worst ever loss by an incumbent has to be Taft, who actually came in third.
700px-ElectoralCollege1912.svg.png

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
I was actually pretty surprised that the Trump administration decided to renew their efforts to repeal/destroy ObamaCare. His promise was always to replace Obamacare with "something better", but they never worked out exactly what that was. So why try to kill Obamacare when there is no replacement lined up?

Because Obama.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
The primary campaign "issue" for Trump's base is "looking like they're on the winning team." They don't even have to win, just the image of winning is the point. There's no ideological tissue connecting the base other than they want to feel like winners and liberals are losers. That's why Trump has been so successful with them

If Trump starts being painted as a big dumpy, pouty loser, his base has no use for him. He's there to trigger the libs.
I'm not so sure they'd abandon him so easily. So many of them have based their entire identity around Trump. They idolize him. They say things like "Trump has done more for blacks than any other president in history!" and such, and they believe it because he said so.

If they were to turn away from him they'd basically have to admit to themselves that they've been living a lie for the past five years. And, well, considering that they aligned with Trump to begin with, it's very hard to believe they would be willing to follow through on that.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Obama bad. Black president bad. That's literally always been the reason. There's never been a serious replacement lined up. There was never actually a "replace" to follow up that "repeal." Republicans don't want Americans to have a safety net when that money can go towards more tax cuts and shit.

Uh.... what? Choosing not to vote because of the pandemic is a pretty good reason to not go out and vote.

I mean...everyone needs to at least try to vote by mail or early vote where they are able to.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
I would not be surprised if he drops out before November. His narcissistic ass won't allow himself to be beaten by Biden especially if it's looking like a slaughter. He'll resign and be able to say that he never lost to Biden officially. At the same time, when Pence loses, he'll say some bullshit like, "If I was the nominee, I would've won"

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017
I don't think it would crack him. He'll just find a new way to fill the void. I'm expecting his team will get him to start live streaming and they'll pump up the stream numbers with bots to make him happy
No way. That's not his thing. He needs the live crowds, the immediate feedback of cheers and noise in response to his bullshit. He needs the big visual of thousands of people all there for him. Solo Trump in a room with a camera? Nowhere near enough to feed his ego.

OP
OP
chubigans

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Worst loss by an incumbent would be a tough hurdle. In relatively recent history, that's Jimmy Carter:
696px-ElectoralCollege1980.svg.png

I think the worst ever loss by an incumbent has to be Taft, who actually came in third.
700px-ElectoralCollege1912.svg.png
oh wow, that is insane. I can't imagine what that would even be like today.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you're pretty confident that Trump is going to lose, the goal isn't just to make sure Trump loses. The goal is to make sure that Trump loses by such a wide margin that his "blame voter fraud" bullshit is laughed out of the gate and that his supporters see that their racist, fuckhead views are overwhelmingly, democratically rejected.
At this point, the people who still believe Trump aren't going to be convinced of his defeat, no matter how big the margin of victory is.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
Where the hell do people think this is going to depress votes. People fucking hate Trump, like seriously hate him and the people who did everything to protect him. If anything, people are going to run the score.
How old are you?

I remember 2004: "Nah, we're not gonna go vote. What's the point? Bush is totally gonna lose - people HATE him!"

Then there was 2016: "Trump is only doing well with white males without a college education - they are not reliable voters"

I'm not going to relax until someone who is not Trump, and not related to him, is inaugurated!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it would crack him. He'll just find a new way to fill the void. I'm expecting his team will get him to start live streaming and they'll pump up the stream numbers with bots to make him happy

Trump resorting to streaming after he called Biden a coward for streaming?

...Yeah, that's pure Trump.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Him losing in polls is one thing.

Him and the Republican party sabotaging voting booths to mitigate defeat is another.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obama bad. Black president bad. That's literally always been the reason. There's never been a serious replacement lined up. There was never actually a "replace" to follow up that "repeal." Republicans don't want Americans to have a safety net when that money can go towards more tax cuts and shit.
I think that was always pretty clear to some people, but now that Trump's ineptitude has been so fully exposed he can't really run on the Repeal/Replace Obamacare platform. Since he obviously has no replacement plan lined up, any promise to abolish Obamacare just reads as "We're going to take away your health benefits and you'll be fucked."

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I think that was always pretty clear to some people, but now that Trump's ineptitude has been so fully exposed he can't really run on the Repeal/Replace Obamacare platform. Since he obviously has no replacement plan lined up, any promise to abolish Obamacare just reads as "We're going to take away your health benefits and you'll be fucked."

Yeah for sure, that's what it looks like on paper because he's an idiot. They literally just lost the last election by running on repeal/replace. But he thinks it's a good move because it appeals to the racism in his base. On account of being an idiot and all that.

Everything he is doing now, we can assume is coming from a place of racism or ineptitude. Because he is both of those things, and his two closest advisers are Miller and Kushner. AKA Big Racist Dumbfuck and Big Inept Dumbfuck. There's no one else to hold him back at this point.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember 2004: "Nah, we're not gonna go vote. What's the point? Bush is totally gonna lose - people HATE him!"

Now GRANTED, I was only starting high school in 2004 so my recollection of that election isn't as sharp as the ones after because of how little I cared at the time, but I still distinctly remember Bush not yet being as utterly reviled yet in 2004 as he would be by the end of 2008. There were still plenty of people around me saying shit like "Well, he needs to finish what he started in Iraq" and "Kerry flip-flops too much!"

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Good. That only makes me more eager to vote so it will hopefully make it a reality.

Oct 30, 2017
It needs to be said. Don't let any amount of snarky shit stop it. It's very important that voters don't see stories like this and say "Cool, we got this, I'll just stay home" Especially during a pandemic

I am glad to see he's hurting though. He's feeling the pressure. My biggest concern is he's trying to correct course - he hasn't given up, and eventually he may find the strategist that will strike his campaign against Crooked Hilary levels of gold again. I do hope I am not right though.

Or vote 3rd party. He won the last election by 77K vote margin. That's ducking nothing. There's a reason the Russians also amplified the campaigns of 3rd party candidates.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder though, would he be willing to potentially be the biggest loser in history? I feel like he WOULD drop out before then, but make up some kind of reasoning for it, and then say he'll run in 2024 or something. But the polls have to be crazy lopsided.

He could drop out, let his base stew in their hate as the Biden Admin undues all of his damage and then add progressive policies, and then run a second with the same 2016 campaign or groom a Trump-like figure (probably one of his sons) to run in his steed.

I could see this working.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He could drop out, let his base stew in their hate as the Biden Admin undues all of his damage and then add progressive policies, and then run a second with the same 2016 campaign or groom a Trump-like figure (probably one of his sons) to run in his steed.

I could see this working.

2016 worked because specifically because Trump was a DC outsider and NO ONE knew what to expect if he actually won. Remember all those fucking moderates screaming "JUST GIVE HIM A CHANCE GUYS! C'MON!" in the last few weeks of 2016? Well, we did give him a chance, and look where we are. I don't doubt some asshole is going to try to run as carrying Trump's legacy in 2024 and beyond, but I very much doubt it will work now that we've seen what 4 years of Trump actually meant.