• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
www.politico.com

Trump admits it: He's losing

Amid a mountain of bad polling and stark warnings from allies, the president has acknowledged his reelection woes to allies.

Donald Trump knows he's losing.

The president has privately come to that grim realization in recent days, multiple people close to him told POLITICO, amid a mountain of bad polling and warnings from some of his staunchest allies that he's on course to be a one-term president.

"Under the current trajectory, President Trump is on the precipice of one the of the worst electoral defeats in modern presidential elections and the worst historically for an incumbent president," said former Trump political adviser Sam Nunberg, who remains a supporter.

Nunberg pointed to national polls released by CNBC and New York Times/Siena over the past week showing Trump receiving below 40 percent against Biden.

If Trump's numbers against erode to 35 percentage points over the next two weeks, Nunberg added, "He's going to be facing realistically a 400-plus electoral vote loss and the president would need to strongly reconsider whether he wants to continue to run as the Republican presidential nominee."

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Time to prepare for him to up his pettiness and ruin as much shit as possible before he's kicked out.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
If Trump's numbers against erode to 35 percentage points over the next two weeks, Nunberg added, "He's going to be facing realistically a 400-plus electoral vote loss and the president would need to strongly reconsider whether he wants to continue to run as the Republican presidential nominee."

Him dropping out would be the weirdest twist in this season. Writers can do better than that.

OP
OP
chubigans

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Him dropping out would be the weirdest twist in this season. Writers can do better than that.
I wonder though, would he be willing to potentially be the biggest loser in history? I feel like he WOULD drop out before then, but make up some kind of reasoning for it, and then say he'll run in 2024 or something. But the polls have to be crazy lopsided.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
It's not going to be enough to just beat him. We have to overwhelming crush him. Make sure that there's no doubt in his mind or even give fox a chance to spin this shit.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
this is my biggest worry with all this "Trump is getting crushed" narrative...
The biggest worry is that they convince Trump to not run as the nominee (that way he doesn't go down potentially as the biggest incumbent loss). Then Pence or somebody gets to run and conservatives get to use Trump as a chest high wall. "It's not Republicans who made this mess, but Trump specifically and entirely"

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm still voting. Can't take any chances here

I remember a lot of people thought Hilary would win in a landslide...

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I know it'll get annoying but I'll say it in every thread

VOTE
It needs to be said. Don't let any amount of snarky shit stop it. It's very important that voters don't see stories like this and say "Cool, we got this, I'll just stay home" Especially during a pandemic

I am glad to see he's hurting though. He's feeling the pressure. My biggest concern is he's trying to correct course - he hasn't given up, and eventually he may find the strategist that will strike his campaign against Crooked Hilary levels of gold again. I do hope I am not right though.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The biggest worry is that they convince Trump to not run as the nominee (that way he doesn't go down potentially as the biggest incumbent loss). Then Pence or somebody gets to run and conservatives get to use Trump as a chest high wall. "It's not Republicans who made this mess, but Trump specifically and entirely"

There is absolutely no chance of this.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Nope. I'm voting like he's still in this motherfucka cause he is. Talk like this will have folks at home on Election Day talking bout "Meh, Biden's gonna win why bother?".

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
He´s probably considering denying his defeat by simply not running. Typical coward. He can´t lose if he doesn´t run.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
The cynic in me hates these polls because it will definitely depress votes if people get comfortable with them. Another important thing is that there is still plenty of opportunity to things change. Remember that Hillary lost due to part of the news of the emails just before the voting day.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Vote.gif

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
This won't happen. The Trump cult (i.e, the Republican base) would crucify the GOP.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
He's not dropping out. His ass is on the line. He's going down in flames, and he's going to try to take as much of the country down with him.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that Hillary polled much better vs Trump and the thought of trump winning was laughable, until he won.

Vote if you can, ignore all the news on polling. Don't let predictions stop you from voting because "he's gonna lose anyways, they don't need me".

Oct 28, 2017
Where the hell do people think this is going to depress votes. People fucking hate Trump, like seriously hate him and the people who did everything to protect him. If anything, people are going to run the score.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Bigger worry is they find someone competent to run his campaign after these very early setbacks. I rather this be happening in October, June/July is a lot of time.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I see he's doing the sympathy angle now, woe is me
There have been tik toks of people feeling sorry for him after that walk with his tie hanging loose

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I made the mistake from complacency to not go vote because I live in a red state and thinking he didn't stand a chance once. A mistake that has haunted me and I've voted since for everything I can. I am voting, and I am hoping people don't get complacent/cocky because of these articles.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
It's way too early to be calling it like this. Trump was way behind in polls throughout the entire 2016 election.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't pay attention to this. Trump was relatively pessimistic about his chances in 2016 as well.

Go out and vote. Tell your friends to vote as well.

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder that Hillary polled much better vs Trump and the thought of trump winning was laughable, until he won.

Vote if you can, ignore all the news on polling. Don't let predictions stop you from voting because "he's gonna lose anyways, they don't need me".

Hillary Clinton didn't poll better vs Trump. She never had the degree of lead Biden had, never matched the total, and her disapprovals were significantly worse than Biden's. Polls showed weaknesses for Clinton, people just ignored them because they couldn't believe this idiot could convince enough people to be morons.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
votesaveamerica.com

Homepage | Vote Save America

Vote Save America is the one-stop shop for everything you need to get informed, get involved, and get out the vote in the most important election of our lifetime.

On one hand I'd love to see him drop out so we don't have to deal with him until January. On the other hand Pence stands a much greater chance of beating Biden in the general as I feel like Trump actually motivates Dems to vote.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
It's way too early to be calling it like this. Trump was way behind in polls throughout the entire 2016 election.
you're right in that we shouldn't count our chickens, but the situation is entirely different considering he's the current president. For the polls to so loudly be against the status quo is a big sign