• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Authoritarian governments always begin by attacking and vilifying the most vulnerable in society. Muslims. Immigrants. Now trans. It will keep getting worse. This administration is literally playing the authoritarian playbook page by page so far.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"The T stands for Trump, right?"

iu
Again, it was never TRUMP for LGBTs.

It's LGBTs for TRUMP.

I don't know why some people took that to mean he'd be for LGBT rights.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
News like this always makes the hand-wringing over the possibility of Pence being president if Trump is removed very redundant.

Oct 27, 2017
But treat republicans with respect. Maintain decency and decorum toward republicans people. We are suppose to be better than them and play by the rules while they don't and continue to succeed because of it.

Fuck all republicans. I hope these republicunts have their lives destroyed after this admin.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Why is the American government allowed to so blatantly violate human rights like this?

They should be punished for shit like this.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The most important statement:

He assured Wexton that HUD had no plans to alter the Equal Access protection, saying: "I'm not currently anticipating changing the rule. "

Can't believe they're even thinking about it.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
There really is no other word for these people other than Evil. This is differences of opinion or anything close to that, it's just simply wanting to cause suffering.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This is vicious, heartless cruelty. No purpose but to kick people who are already down. This boils my blood.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being one of the fragile white manbabies who thinks shit like this is equivalent to, like, having a woman and a brown person in a Star Wars movie.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes this is cruel, yes this is evil, but that's not the point, and to say those things are the point is missing a lot of context and leaves us open for further attacks.

The point is that this is the inevitable reaction of patriarchy and colonization to gender autonomy and liberation. The patriarchal white cis hetero power structures are scared of us because they see us destroying gender. The point is power and control, exploitation and degradation.

"Religioua freedom" and "fear from persecution due to personal beliefs".
That's a PR smokescreen.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They are literally complicit in the deaths of trans people. Making changes like this are for the explicit reason of victimising and killing trans people, there is no reason other than the cruelty of it to appeal to the heartless masses.

They should be charged for murder

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The irony of using religious freedom as an excuse. I thought homeless shelters welcomed all to help them.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think this kind of questioning really lessens the blow for how consistently regressive Trump and the Republicans have been various communitues, but especially for trans people. We''re a few steps away from internment camps at this point, and the response then also shouldn't be 'Well, this shouldn't surprise anyone'.
My point is mostly how sad it is that US citizens allowed it to come to this.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Discriminating against transgender people is against the law in New York. They are a protected class.

Yet another change that just accelerates the difference in quality of life between blue states and red states. Trump is trashing the very states that support him.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guy really is an old fashion evil guy twirling his mustache and thinking of new evil shit to unleash on people.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
So incredibly sad that the administration continues to attack the most vulnerable.

Get them out of the White House.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
My understanding is that LGBT has a much higher homeless rate than baseline to begin with, largely because their parents are Trump voters.

Anyone know of any non-profits running LGBT shelters (that aren't exploitative shitholes)?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
tumblr_m123reTHWK1qcf707o2_500.gif

Monstrous. The people most deserving of our mercy, compassion, and kindness are the ones our leaders target.

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
One step closer to Gilead, the Republican paradise.

If I were complicit in this type of evil I'd be afraid of leaving my house for fear of being shot but, then again, I like to think I have some self awareness, compassion, empathy for others, etc. which seems like a noticeable difference.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Sigh. I become less human and more of a monstrous abomination to be ruthlessly eradicated every day this administration is allowed to continue. I've become almost numb to all the kicking I've received while down during my lifetime, so this latest news feels like but another faint blow.

But I know that somewhere in my mind, unless either this sadistic administration is soon toppled or my boyfriend removes me to some place safe for trans folks like me, plans for my eventual suicide are slowly coming together.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One step closer to Gilead, the Republican paradise.

If I were complicit in this type of evil I'd be afraid of leaving my house for fear of being shot but, then again, I like to think I have some self awareness, compassion, empathy for others, etc. which seems like a noticeable difference.

I get what you mean, but I don't realistically expect the people pushing for this kind of legislation to face any repercussions that will hurt their chances of being re-elected. They've been consistently taking actions against trans people over the entire Trump administration and it rarely gets challenged on any kind of large scale.

It often feels like while Republicans and the altright despise us, we don't have a level of support from Democrats that counteracts that hate at all. These people are doing this to encourage their base and it works because of how little most people care about us as people as well as how fast these stories pass by from people's heads.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
Yes this is cruel, yes this is evil, but that's not the point, and to say those things are the point is missing a lot of context and leaves us open for further attacks.

The point is that this is the inevitable reaction of patriarchy and colonization to gender autonomy and liberation. The patriarchal white cis hetero power structures are scared of us because they see us destroying gender. The point is power and control, exploitation and degradation.

That's a PR smokescreen.
Thank you. This cuts right to the cause much more directly than most of the typical refrains / catchphrases flying around in here.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I see this is a week this administration will just announce horrible news for all minorities and LGBTQ peoples. Fuck the lot of them, fucking scum people at the admin.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Sigh. I become less human and more of a monstrous abomination to be ruthlessly eradicated every day this administration is allowed to continue. I've become almost numb to all the kicking I've received while down during my lifetime, so this latest news feels like but another faint blow.

But I know that somewhere in my mind, unless either this sadistic administration is soon toppled or my boyfriend removes me to some place safe for trans folks like me, plans for my eventual suicide are slowly coming together.
We aren't abominations, this shit hole administration and country shouldn't be used as a baseline for that, they are the abomibation

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobia and a history of similar behaviour. Previous severe infractions.
In one of our local shelters a cis woman won the right to be admitted to a men's shelter because she identifies as male.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
But how do they spin it? They just can't say "Fuck trans people".
"Religious freedom"
"We heard of this one case somewhere this one time when a trans person was involved in something that was bad for someone this once"
"Protecting women"
"The mighty bald eagle sees a shiny tiara and could try and eat it and choke on the plastic, even though plastic is probably good just like coal"

it's getting to the point where they barely even have to TRY and spin it convincingly.

Also, it's terrifying because it's getting to the point where one day a politician is going to campaign "Black people/trans people/women need putting in their place, and people will vote for it, because they're being slowly conditioned.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
History repeating itself, just much, much slower and far less blatant (at least for those that aren't paying attention).

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The world should sanction the USA for its barbaric treatment of women, non-whites and the LGBTQ+ community.
Among other things. Human rights violations, economic bullying, increased racism, sexism, and homophobia.
If Trump is re-elected, world leaders should gather and discuss what should be done about the United States.