• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Yet again, literal fascism in action. Fuck Trump. Fuck his administration. Fuck the GOP. Fuck all of their voters. Fuck them all. They don't deserve respect, they don't deserve civility, they don't deserve shit.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
It shouldn't matter in general, but why the fuck does it matter for a homeless shelter?? I will also take some solace in knowing most homeless shelters won't follow this bullshit "rule".

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
Shows how bad humanity has been throughout history when you see the progress we've made over time and still get awful shit like this. Jesus fucking Christ.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It shouldn't matter in general, but why the fuck does it matter for a homeless shelter?? I will also take some solace in knowing most homeless shelters won't follow this bullshit "rule".

Someone earlier pointed it out, but a lot of homeless shelters in the US are affiliated with, if not outright run by, religious organizations. Most of which add their own breed of bigotry to helping the homeless and those without means.

This is absolutely a move for Trump to garner good will with his evangelical base, which adds an extra special layer of disgust to this entire thing.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
The Trump Administration will go down in history as having done nothing of value and using almost all the power afforded to it (two years with total control of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the federal government) to do petty and cruel things that accomplish nothing other than hurting the most vulnerable Americans.

Beyond that, there's nothing more I can say on the subject that wouldn't be indicative of the overwhelming fury I feel right now. Trans people without homes are disproportionately more likely to be victims of hate crimes and sexual violence. The memo claims to be in support of religious practice, but there's nothing less Christian than perpetuating that violence and painting over it as if you're doing religious practitioners a favor by letting them decide who's worth of shelter.

Jesus wept.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned for the first time that there are gender specific homeless shelters.

Why? What possible reason does that matter?

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Trans people have pretty much been screaming this is going to happen for ages

Trans rights are human rights, fight to defend them

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
User Banned (permanent): advocating violence
Ben Carson should be dragged behind a pickup truck.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I just learned for the first time that there are gender specific homeless shelters.

Why? What possible reason does that matter?

A lot of homeless shelters (sadly), are not perfect havens. Many are underfunded, ran by fallible people, and/or religious bigots.

Also, there are a few shelters that are set up to provide a safe place for cis women, queer and trans peoples who are fleeing domestic abuse. There aren't nearly enough of these.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I boil with rage. And it's things like this along with me being disabled and my future up in the air due to reliance on government that I am not "out" or transitioning.

And I hate to bring it up but this is why it kills me in threads of cis people defending Contrapoints and telling trans people we are unreasonable. She literally supports people who act like I am not trans since I cannot transition as of now, and accused anyone who criticizes her of being "fake trans people from 4-Chan or kiwi farms" so in her mind I am not real.

Next time people want to rush to her defense remember that, supporting her is saying I am not real or valid, but transitioning (which trust me I really, really would like to for my mental health and peace of mind) puts me at the mercy of this shit as someone who has to rely on the American government because I am disabled and cannot work, and rely on federal aid for living expenses, housing, and medical.

Im livid right now.

Oct 25, 2017
But both parties are the same!

And before anyone says anything, yes there are still people on this very site that think this!

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Jesus...the bit about "too transgender".

The cruelty is staggering. I constantly struggle with accepting my height, or worrying about how effective the laser hair removal on my face has been, and so much of that pressure I put on myself or anxiety interacting with people is based on this stuff. Dealing with dysphoria would be so much easier if there wasn't so much pressure to pass because of societal pressure. And I'm fortunate, it will never come down to needing to pass because I won't have a place to sleep or eat. Just horrible.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even understand why they would do this? Are they just trying to be evil now?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
They literally believe that anyone different than what they expect = bad person.

Gay Man = Puts men/boys in danger
Lesbian = Puts women/girls in danger
Trans = Puts whatever "sex" they're "trying to be" in danger

Simply seeing people like the above, and any other difference, as just other human being who mean no harm by being themselves, is beyond their mental capacity.

**edit: Slightly off topic, but this reminded me of one such person's thought process.

I have an acquaintance that doesn't believe men in a business should ever go to lunch with a woman that works with him in the same company. No business lunches allowed. "If someone sees him out, rumors and things will be said and he's not faithful to his wife."

My response was, my wife is Bi....so I guess she's cheating if she goes out to eat with any man or woman she works with during lunch?

He had no response.

Last edited:

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
There are still people that will try to justify not voting this year.

What a vile plan that does nothing but make vulnerable people suffer.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Using religion as a cop-out, what bunch of shitstains. I still can't believe "we don't believe in them" is a valid fucking excuse for bigotry. These dipshits can go fuck off a cliff if they want to exclude others from having basic human rights for simply being different.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, the old let's make life as shitty and difficult as possible for someone who is already at the bottom of the life's pile (homeless and an at risk minority).

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
i know it's pure bigotry, but what's their excuse for this bill? What in their mind justify that a transgender shouldn't be allowed a shelter?

It's not a bill. It's a rule that HUD is rolling back. Their excuse is "religious freedom" and "trans people are just pretending so they can hurt others". Of course, we know it's just plain bigotry and cruelty.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's literally no reason to do this except to be bigoted. As someone who has worked in homeless shelters, whether that person is trans hasn't mattered though I guess it could be an "issue" for the gendered barracks. But man, we should be way past issues like this.