• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A copy of the new rule that will allow homeless shelters to refuse transgender people has been leaked to the media, and it contains instructions on how to spot transgender women to target them for discrimination.

Earlier this month, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) announced that it would be rolling back the Obama-era Equal Access Rule, which required homeless shelters that receive HUD funding to house transgender people with the gender they identify as.

The rollback – which HUD said would "better accommodate religious beliefs of shelter providers" – allows single-gender homeless shelters to decide if they want a housing policy based on sex assigned at birth or gender identity, effectively allowing shelters that house women to turn away transgender women and shelters that house men to turn away transgender men.

The announcement meant that homeless shelters would be allowed to determine who is transgender, which poses a significant risk to people's privacy rights.

The news website Vox has obtained a copy of the rule, which includes instructions of what a shelter can do spot a trans woman.

Shelter workers may use "factors such as height, the presence (but not the absence) of facial hair, the presence of an Adam's apple, and other physical characteristics which, when considered together, are indicative of a person's biological sex," the rule says.

If a homeless person appears too transgender for a homeless shelter, the shelter is allowed to ask them for proof of "biological sex."

"Evidence requested must not be unduly intrusive of privacy, such as private physical anatomical evidence," the rule states, barring shelters from forcing suspected transgender people to strip in front of them.

"Evidence requested could include government identification, but lack of government identification alone cannot be the sole basis for denying admittance on the basis of sex."

Well this isn't going to end up being an absolute disaster!

"but he held a flag upside down" if old

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Shelter workers may use "factors such as height, the presence (but not the absence) of facial hair, the presence of an Adam's apple, and other physical characteristics which, when considered together, are indicative of a person's biological sex," the rule says.

*sigh* Yes, because of course the Trump administration would do something like this.

I hope Biden wins by the biggest landslide.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucking blatant and cruel. This world really really sucks sometimes.

NunezL

Jun 17, 2020
Imagine thinking a transgender woman would be safe in a man-only homeless shelter...wth

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
I'm pretty sure we've all died and gone to hell. This is hell. I'm sure of it now. Any pleasures we feel are merely there to highlight the pain. We've all died.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
"too transgender"? Can you just imagine that in conversation? "Umm excuse me, but I do believe you are too transgender to enter can you lighten up the transgender just a little bit? Thanks."

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Saw this yesterday.

Absolutely disgusting, and the cruelty is the point.

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is fucking disgusting and attempts against basic human rights.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Imagine the paranoia about people misstating their gender to pull some sort of fast one.

"How to spot someone who might be lying about their gender!!"

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
And this is why having so many charitable orgs in this country tied into religious orgs is a bad idea. So many put in arbitrary rules that state people who live lifestyles they disagree with can't receive services, when they are supposed to be welcome to all.

Do they think they're going to go to hell for giving a room to an LGBT individual? As my catechism teacher once told me, as Christians, keep your eyes on our own paper.

Oct 25, 2017
Trash administration is garbage. It's why whether or not I really feel energetic about Biden I'll be voting Trump out of office. He is vile and cruel.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Expect more of this as his loss becomes more and more clear. He and his administration have nothing to lose once they see the writing on the wall. If they're going down, they'll take everyone else with them. Please vote.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Trump and his administration.

I can't wait to vote his orange ass out of office.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck does religion have to do with providing shelter for the homeless?

What the fuck even is this?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising at all. Homeless shelters have already been doing this and turning trans people away

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Even if you agree with this horrible shit, how can anyone justify spending time on this with all that's going on? Like holy shit man can you pause the evil this summer while we deal with a pandemic? Is it just to try to drum up some bigot voting support?

Holosmith

Banned
Jul 12, 2020
Considering the Adam's apple can be removed, some of the information is already outdated.

Regardless, this is a disgusting thing to do and we really do need this administration out of office like yesterday.