• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
We know about the exercise that was ignored but there was also 69 pages of detailed pandemic response steps, including specifics about PPE.

A fucking book on what to do and it was just - ignored.

This is absolutely fucking infuriating. I won't say anything else so as not to take a ban but people are dead because of this and other actions including disbanding the response team and ignoring intelligence agencies. This is insane.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He only cares about rallies and the stock market. He's been President for 3 years already. He's a known factor.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
"I'm a genius when it comes to pandemics. In fact, doctors and experts have told me they are amazed at how much I know about pandemics."

Oct 27, 2017
His cultists don't care, and normal people are just tired of hearing about Trump's bullshit.

I do have to wonder just how angry folks are going to be by next month when it's not just coastal cities begging for ventilators and FEMA cash and a quarter of the population is either still quarantined, or jobless.

These idiots are sitting on a powder-keg while playing with matches

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
His cultists don't care, and normal people are just tired of hearing about Trump's bullshit.

I do have to wonder just how angry folks are going to be by next month when it's not just coastal cities begging for ventilators and FEMA cash and a quarter of the population is either still quarantined, or jobless.

These idiots are sitting on a powder-keg while playing with matches

I keep hoping I am wrong, but the federal response is to flippantly offer support until this until it goes away.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I keep hoping I am wrong, but the federal response is to flippantly offer support until this until it goes away.

He obviously enjoys dangling federal assistance to make people beg, but at some point there just aren't going to be enough supplies and people are going to get very ill, and many will die.

I fully expect sometime after Easter, when new cases are popping up in rural states, he will blame NY, CA and WA for letting the disease spread and that angry people should contact those three governors. We live in a timeline where come November Trump might start a class action suit to sue the three states for negligence

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
If there's a god this virus would put him in the fucking ground for failing to protect this country and world

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Trump and his ilk think they're the most smartest people in the room and you have nothing to teach them.

We're all suffering for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Them personally being screwed over by Trump in the past has never largely swayed them. How many people have we seen that are "My significant other got deported/I couldn't afford health insurance, but I'll still vote for Trump!"? These people are idiots and even worse too stubborn to admit they're wrong so they double down

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
He obviously enjoys dangling federal assistance to make people beg, but at some point there just aren't going to be enough supplies and people are going to get very ill, and many will die.

I fully expect sometime after Easter, when new cases are popping up in rural states, he will blame NY, CA and WA for letting the disease spread and that angry people should contact those three governors. We live in a timeline where come November Trump might start a class action suit to sue the three states for negligence

At first read this sounded ridiculous but then I thought about it and that's exactly the kind of thing he'd do.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
again, same as germany...they´ve had a scenario playbook dated 2012 and no one gave a damn about stocking up on supplies or preparing the worst case

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Fuck me.

So, so far we've learned and someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 he fired the Pandemic response team in 2018? 2017?
2 he cut CDC funding
3 they did a model Pandemic in 2019, found their response was not adequate and cut cdc funding anyway
4 were warned by intelligence on how bad the virus is in January, ignored that.
5 now we learn they were literally given a fucking playbook on how to deal with a Pandemic?

I may have the two cdc funding cuts wrong. But I know I've seen the rest.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
What else is new, because that's incredibly apparent based on how he has been handling this.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Hoping some good data sets come out of this, at least.
Wonder how many people sold before the admin reluctantly acknowledged this was a big deal.

Sheisty shit.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me.

So, so far we've learned and someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 he fired the Pandemic response team in 2018? 2017?
2 he cut CDC funding
3 they did a model Pandemic in 2019, found their response was not adequate and cut cdc funding anyway
4 were warned by intelligence on how bad the virus is in January, ignored that.
5 now we learn they were literally given a fucking playbook on how to deal with a Pandemic?

I may have the two cdc funding cuts wrong. But I know I've seen the rest.

Somehow... this will all be Obama's fault.

Oct 27, 2017
Not nice, not nice at all.

In the next couple of days the governors in the northeast will reach their limits in procuring supplies. A few hospitals in NYC are already full. The unemployment numbers tomorrow will blow people away. People stand on line for tests all day and don't get them. His artificial 15 day time limit will be in tatters.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump didn't come up with the idea he doesn't want to do it.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Spam both this article and the commercials on Trump's response to the pandemic and calendar format.

I want to see this shit everywhere.

There's absolutely no defense for this

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
So in the article executive branch people are like "we have new playbooks we don't use that old busted thing any more." I'd like to see what's in the new ones and whether they've actually been followed.

Perturabo

Oct 27, 2017
So in the article executive branch people are like "we have new playbooks we don't use that old busted thing any more." I'd like to see what's in the new ones and whether they've actually been followed.
Their current playbook:
-Stocks for the Stock God
-fuck the poor

That's about it, if you ignore donnie's crayon scribbling in the margins.