• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not really sure who this is directed at to be honest. While there are a lot of criticisms about the amount of work Democrats put into making things actively better for minorities, most trans people and close allies of trans people weren't the people ever voting Republican or pretending that there was no difference at all. Some people definitely had strong emotional reactions to Biden and the accusation surrounding him, but I don't think anyone ever considered the two candidates the exact same.
Several people on this forum argued just recently there is nothing materially better for minorities and the poor if Dems get a Biden administration and that letting minorities suffer now is a good "kill some, save many" future strategy voters can pull off by dropping turnout for Dems and the left so low that they'll wake up and force a progressive candidate on the ticket even if they lose the primaries. There are people who are ok with Trump killing people, ruining courts for a generation, dismantling the EPA, and suppressing the vote for the future if it teaches Dems a turnout lesson. Some people have that selfish delusion that it will get fixed later if they choose not to intervene in the Trump admin with the Dems now.

Some people here just don't care enough to learn what's happened to adoption positions for LGBT people, court appointments, and trans rights at all and say it can't be stopped now so let it get worse to teach Dems a lesson that the voters themselves didn't.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
President Fucking Shitebag doing Shitebag things.

He feels the popularity waning, he's going to slash and burn everything until November.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
He's (and his idiot followers are) not on this planet to make people feel equal, safe, happy and free. That much is clear.
They want to hate. Imagine being so unhappy with yourself that you need to destroy the lives of others.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Several people on this forum argued just recently there is nothing materially better for minorities and the poor if Dems get a Biden administration and that letting minorities suffer now is a good "kill some, save many" future strategy voters can pull off by dropping turnout for Dems and the left so low that they'll wake up and force a progressive candidate on the ticket even if they lose the primaries. There are people who are ok with Trump killing people, ruining courts for a generation, dismantling the EPA, and suppressing the vote for the future if it teaches Dems a turnout lesson. Some people have that selfish delusion that it will get fixed later if they choose not to intervene in the Trump admin with the Dems now.
I'm sorry but who the fuck is saying that?

BumbaT BrowN

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this guy loses everything he has one day. What a piece of shit.November cant come soon enough for this fucking criminal.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'm not really sure who this is directed at to be honest. While there are a lot of criticisms about the amount of work Democrats put into making things actively better for minorities, most trans people and close allies of trans people weren't the people ever voting Republican or pretending that there was no difference at all. Some people definitely had strong emotional reactions to Biden and the accusation surrounding him, but I don't think anyone ever considered the two candidates the exact same.
There have been PLENTY of people on this forum justifying their decision to NOT vote for Biden... and that decision says that their privilege "considers the two candidate the exact same" no matter how they try to spin it differently.

If you do not vote for Biden for ANY REASON in November - outside of not having the means to vote in the first place (i.e. not an American, had voting rights stripped from you for reasons outside your control, etc.) - you are complicit in furthering Trump's platform of wanton destruction and cruelty. Period.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Well if anyone still believed for a second that the timing of Trump's Juneteenth rally was a coincidence doing something like this on the anniversary of the Pulse massacre should be clarifying.

I'll be happy when the trolling era of political discourse in the USA is over, hopefully in November.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There have been PLENTY of people on this forum justifying their decision to NOT vote for Biden... and that decision says that their privilege "considers the two candidate the exact same" no matter how they try to spin it differently.

If you do not vote for Biden for ANY REASON in November - outside of not having the means to vote in the first place (i.e. not an American, had voting rights stripped from you for reasons outside your control, etc.) - you are complicit in furthering Trump's platform of wanton destruction and cruelty. Period.

I don't really disagree with you, but my point is just that I don't think that the kind of people who are hurt by these actions or care about people who are, are the same ones going around saying that they feel Biden and Trump are the same. Trump has been doing this kind of stuff to our community the entire time that he's been President, and we definitely know what a shitstain he is.

Like, I used to link this page around here to demonstrate just how awful he is, and it has only grown considerably :

transequality.org

The Discrimination Administration

Trump’s record of action against transgender people Since the day President Trump took office, his administration has waged a nonstop onslaught against the rights of LGBTQ people. In order to keep the administration accountable for its policies and help transgender people keep track of actions...

People need to vote, but apathy towards trans issues, even among a sizable portion of Democratic voters, is nothing new is all I'm really saying.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
I really hope Biden has a Day 1, hell, Hour 1 plan of executive orders and rollbacks to undo the catastrophic damage this Administration has done in 4 years.

Assuming he wins, of course.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I look forward to his Pride speech that Stephen Miller will write.

I will hold accountable every person responsible for this travesty -forever-.

I will be going to go door to door helping to campaign this cycle and hopefully every year afterwards; less about the belief in the Dems who are flawed, but two can play at this petty game. I want to see the GOP burned down to a crisp and a forgotten memory of a party by the time I leave this earth.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is literally no other reason to do this other than just pure cruelty.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to his Pride speech that Stephen Miller will write.

I will hold accountable every person responsible for this travesty -forever-.

I will be going to go door to door helping to campaign this cycle and hopefully every year afterwards; less about the belief in the Dems who are flawed, but two can play at this petty game. I want to see the GOP burned down to a crisp and a forgotten memory of a party by the time I leave this earth.
...wait he's gonna have a pride speech?

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Is there any hope left of a US not totally burned to the ground after Trump? Because seriously, he acts like the human being given god powers that corrupts him in a generic RPG videogame. Like, he literally does shit an evil villain would do. This is so, so fucking shitty.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that the Supreme Court will do much of anything for a while, aren't they supposed to be in recess later this month and not return until October right?

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not trying to ignorant here and please, if I say something wrong or hurtful I want to be educated.

The way that I always saw it is that Sex, may be determined by genes, but Gender is a social construct that only exists because of years of pushing specific gender narratives. So the government saying "Sex is determined by genes" is missing the point entirely, since your gender wouldn't be determined by any sort of genetic makeup.

Again I'm not saying this to bait anything, this is just how I've had it explained to me in the past. I am 110% on the side of Trans Rights.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Hey so anyway, like I've said on this board before: if you don't vote for the democrat in November, whatever your reasons, you are complicit and there is actual blood on your hands.

edit: Not trying to say something that incendiary honestly, I don't know how it possibly can be at this point. Biden sucks, he sucks so much, but Trump is actively and deliberately cruel and dehumanizing. There is so little to compare his malice to that it feels like people twist themselves in notes trying to pretend a heartless monster who acts completely out of spite and an admittedly not hyper competent old guy who will hopefully listen to at least some advisers. It's not the choice we want, but jesus.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just note that there is a Supreme Court case that will see its decision passed down within the next two weeks that seeks to define sex by biology.

This could likely eliminate Title VII protections for Trans people, people fired for being gay, and even straight CIS people who "act" too masculine or feminine.