• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Odd comments in here about red States. Not everyone votes Republican, obviously. Unless I'm missing something in the article, I don't know why you'd cheer on the demise of those affected who didn't have a say. Again, I might be misunderstanding the info from the OP.
People who didn't vote for this that live in Red states have my sympathies (I'm one included) but if this is the type of thing that will teach these people not to vote for these fucks than so be it.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Odd comments in here about red States. Not everyone votes Republican, obviously. Unless I'm missing something in the article, I don't know why you'd cheer on the demise of those affected who didn't have a say. Again, I might be misunderstanding the info from the OP.
I don't think you are. So many seem to presume the people that will be hurt by this are all Trevor from Tennessee rather than minorities.

Deleted member 4452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do Republicans who struggle for good health cover actually notice these things are happening and still vote Republican?

I've wondered if that goes for most things the Republicans change, do they not know it's happening?
It's the same people who love the Affordable Healthcare Act (and whose lives might even depend on it) but who absolutely despise Obamacare

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Do Republicans who struggle for good health cover actually notice these things are happening and still vote Republican?

I've wondered if that goes for most things the Republicans change, do they not know it's happening?

Exactly. They don't know. They notice things getting worse but they don't know the cause is shitty policies from their elected leaders. Those same leaders are telling them everything is fine, gaslighting them and convincing them to blame Democrats for anything negative happening as it relates to their healthcare. So they do.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
how stupid do you have to be to not only do this in an election year, but do it in a way that will almost certainly be trapped in the court system for a long time...

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Right-wing relatives are fun to laugh at. There's no use cutting them off.
I think fun isn't the right word to describe them

Anyway, this is just another policy that is aimed at hurting the people who can't stand up for themselves.

Block Grant.....no thanks

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Trump is totally going to run on the promise of overturning Roe v Wade to appeal to the religious white that this will hurt.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017

Agreed. I've called this kind of stuff out in other threads before. One of the responses I've seen is that we should leave for a liberal state if we don't agree with republican policies, which a) assumes that everyone who will be hurt by these policies has the means to move, and b) is a terrible idea, packing all the democratic voters into a few liberal states. Enjoy never having the presidency or senate ever again.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Aren't you from Arizona? Your state government is entirely controlled by Republicans. There is a good chance people you know would be affected by this.
Yes I am and the people that live here that didn't vote for these bastards have my sympathies. But if this is the type of thing that is going to teach these people to not vote for these bastards I don't know what else will.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. I've called this kind of stuff out in other threads before. One of the responses I've seen is that we should leave for a liberal state if we don't agree with republican policies, which a) assumes that everyone who will be hurt by these policies has the means to move, and b) is a terrible idea, packing all the democratic voters into a few liberal states. Enjoy never having the presidency or senate ever again.
they expect everyone to go to their little blue areas where the NIMBYism is running rampant and people are being forced out onto the street as they lose their homes due to gentrification forcing the locals out

ppl on this forum are just completely separated from reality

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Majority of people never see this. Unless you are financially dependent on them, cut them out and show them their bigotry has consequences.

Yes, people need to stop dealing with toxicity just because it is family. Not only because you disagree with them, but because their toxicity will affect you and your growth. It sucks, but it doesn't suck more than having these people in your close proximity.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno

Yes, because they don't care.

A lot of these dipshits want the federal government to not have anything to do with them.

They'll fuck everyone over to get their goal.

I'm stuck in one of these backwards towns. These people hate the state government, they hate the federal government.

They'd love nothing more then to make it all go away.

Last edited:

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

Of course they know. But they would rather die in the street under a Republican administration than vote Democrat.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine announcing this on an Election Year when the healthcare issue destroyed your party in the Mid Terms...

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario

"Things keep getting worse. I'm going to vote Republican!"

(time passes)

"Oh jeez, I can't find a good job anymore! I better vote Republican!"

(time passes)

"Goddamn they took away my health care! The Republicans better fix that!"

(and so on)

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with you? They're just trying to help you & you're being a dick.
How is telling someone to cut a family member out of their life helpful? Realistically, it's not even possible for some people. Sometimes you have to deal with shitty humans. That's life. You have to do it at work, you have to do it in reality.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you interact with other humans in the world or are you strictly on the internet?
i dont have a horse in the race regarding this discussion you guys are having but people that have been in more precarious positions than you have wholesale stripped awful family members out of their lives. its not a new idea.

Obviously you can do as you wish but to pretend that LGBT people of all classes dont do this or are some kind antisocial pariahs for doing it just doesnt sit right. If you dont want to do so, then say you dont want to do it. You dont have to put on a tough guy act about how youre a supersmart person that lets your bigoted uncle jack off into your ear with his awful views in the name of civility or something.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
How is telling someone to cut a family member out of their life helpful? Realistically, it's not even possible for some people. Sometimes you have to deal with shitty humans. That's life. You have to do it at work, you have to do it in reality.
Sometimes, but not always. You need to work, so that's a case of having to. You don't always need to associate with family if it is a toxic relationship.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
No. You're wrong. Cut everyone out that disagrees with you. They're too toxic. Don't live in reality where uneducated and mentally ill people fall for con-men like Trump.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

Sadly, this narrative is strong on this forum. If you don't live in California or New York, you don't count.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No. You're wrong. Cut everyone out that disagrees with you. They're too toxic. Don't live in reality where uneducated and mentally ill people fall for con-men like Trump.

If this individual wasn't your uncle, would you still interact with him or invite him to your home? You said he was yelling at you.

You might have all of the free time and mental fortitude to deal with this and even try to educate him, but I doubt many are as blessed.

I'm not saying you should move from a red state (if you live in one) or avoid MAGA supporters completely. But to keep them at arms length and giving access to your personal space/treating them like family can be unhealthy.