• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an American but I kind of want the other countries to ignore or turn on the US. The US shouldn't be able to control what other countries do. What happened to diplomacy, this seems more like some threat.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a terrible idea diplomatically and economically

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I might be okay with this?

This will only hurt his chances of reelection due to higher gas prices, right? Please? Anyone...

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Iran just had a catastrophic flood(s) Which might be ongoing... And needs Aid as well as a functioning economy. This could be seen as an act of war already.

This is on purpose to hurt Iranian people. The administration of Iran hasn't done anything wrong -- for why the sanctions are there to begin with --.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For the most part countries don't buy oil, corporations do.
He's actually encouraging central economic planning, aka Communism.
Not his first time, either. His tariffs combined with his selective bailouts say hi.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Why would any country ever sign an agreement with the US after what has happened with Iran?

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Trump thinks he needs a war to distract from the rest of his trainwrecks, but in reality it would just further erode support for his administration.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Trump is playing 10th dimensional chess here. If he pisses off every other country on Earth, they'll band together and build an enormous barrier around America to keep us in. And, boom, he gets his wall.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find it highly disturbing that you are OK with 80 million people literally starving just to reduce the chance of Trump's reelection.
we want this asshole gone. we can't really do anything to stop him from doing this kinda stuff. we aren't cheering 80 million people starving give me a damn break.

WingM@n

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where I live a gallon already costs $ 7,20. Hopefully this Trump nonsense doesnt make the prices rise to even more absurde heights.

Zornica

Alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
sounds like a pretty effective plan to slow down climate change.
How about sanctions against all oil exporting countries?

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
This is one rare instance where i support the sanctions, for different reasons. I don't condone the misogyny, homophobia, antisemitic sensibilities of that country. Hopefully this inspires Iran to change to a kinder, gentler country.

Makai

Oct 25, 2017
This is one rare instance where i support the sanctions, for different reasons. I don't condone the misogyny, homophobia, antisemitic sensibilities of that country. Hopefully this inspires Iran to change to a kinder, gentler country.
Nobody's getting "inspired." The US govt intends to sabotage the Iranian economy so they can replace the govt with people they want.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Just keep racing us towards that recession Republicans can blame on the Democrats.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this will never happen. The mullahs will stay where they are
This will only hurt the iranian people and destabilize the region even more

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Nobody's getting "inspired." The US govt intends to sabotage the Iranian economy so they can replace the govt with people they want.
Any nation that has the death penalty for homosexuality (this includes Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan) should be given sanctions. It's north korea levels of barbarously. We shouldn't go to war because of how they treat jews, gays, and women, but they sure as heck deserve sanctions in my book.

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017

what is the point when the same is not applied to Saudi Arabia and many others?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that just a Republican thing? I guess it is when Obama tried to deescalate and they shit on him for being a coward.

I wonder if it is inevitable that there will be another senseless war with Iran. Israel and Saudi Arabia seem to be thirsting for it and most of the time America seems willing to go along as well.

What kind of fucked up kind of people are just looking for an excuse to go to war?
Israel and Saudi Arabia see Iran as a potential military and economic rival. They supported the limits of the JCPOA on Iranian weapons development but balked at the diplomatic solution opening up trade relations between Iran and the international community.

They'd much rather pursue a military solution to Iran because it would hurt them in both aspects (military and economical), and Trump, moron that he is, is getting played to fully embrace their interests to the detriment of the US.

What a Fucking moron.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Gas is still cheaper in the US then it was 20 years ago over here (EU) lol.

EDIT: I know, bigger country and all.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Great, gas is almost $8 per gallon here and with the summer peak coming it will be closer to $9 soon.

Maybe I should just sell my car and stay home...

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"As of January 2012, Iran exports 22% of its oil to China, 14% to Japan, 13% to India, 10% to South Korea, 7% to Italy, 7% to Turkey, 6% to Spain and the remainder to France, Greece (& other European countries), Taiwan, Sri Lanka, South Africa."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Iran

FACK most of those countries are US allies... Trump's out of control... or should I say, he's being QUITE controlled. We need those tax returns.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pfft. US still has stupid cheap fuel, here in the UK is more like £5.27 / $6.85 a gallon give or take.
How the F do you guys afford to live? I'm not trying to be condescending but genuinely curious, that's maddening. I'm assuming the ratio of people who own and drive vehicles is a fraction of us here in the states. More people bike/take public transport?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this will never happen. The mullahs will stay where they are
This will only hurt the iranian people and destabilize the region even more

Hurt people. Destabilize the region.

Oh no it's a radical anti-US regime in place now, we need military action.

The United States 101, solving problems it created in the first place with military intervention.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'm thinking Trump likes N. Korea more than Ally South Korea.
It's more complicated than that as Trump tried to cause a war with N. Korea when he started out. The only reason there was no invasion is because the S. Korean government took the initiative to force the US to talk. So basically Trump is an easily manipulable idiot. But he is an idiot, so he will go off rails and do what he feels like at the moment in time.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Great idea to push those other Asian countries into China's influence to help throw their weight around.