• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fluffhead14

Oct 27, 2017
I legitimately cannot comprehend how anyone would think going after disability fraud should be a priority over wealth redistribution. How can this even be supported.
well, it's not like it's impossible to do both things at once, it's just that this likely won't be worth it. it's likely to cost more than any potential savings gained. it just perpetuates the myth that the disadvantaged are the enemy. what percentage of those that actually get on disability, which is notoriously difficult to get, are actively defrauding the government?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, let's make life even more difficult for those that need support, what a wonderful way to treat other humans. People on disability still deserve basic comforts and niceties.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised all of things Obama was defending with the NSA and such didn't have the capability already.

Anyways, I am all for audits of services rendered by a public organization when the public is the beneficiary, it just needs to be done in an ethical manner. If individual auditors look up accounts and such to find evidence: sure, if they are using bots to scrap through the internet then distinct processes need to be made and it should only apply to publicly accessible information

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is already common place in the private sector, i'd be surprised if this wasn't being done by many governments already.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
It's an unwinnable effort like welfare.

Do you make it harder for that one person who truly needs because say 50 ( just making a point .. not real statistic ) others are taken advantage?

The only answer at the moment is no .. you can't. It's shitty that people will so effortlessly and without remorse take advantage of such needed programs but that shouldn't hinder those who really need help.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
They aren't doing this already? Because it sure feels like it at times for disabled people.

The GOP doesn't even let the Social Security Administration hire enough people to answer the phones. But to kick people off benefits, they'll do anything.

It's ridiculous. You straight-up can't contact Social Security for basically anything since you either need to wait on the phone at 9 in the morning, which is when most of us are working. They try making it as hard as possible for disabled people to make a living.

It would finally prove that Trump is mentally disabled

Please don't use mental disabilities as an insult.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure he believes he is going to get a bonus if he finds more money in the budget (that's not how it works).
...That's laughably possible. Good lord, this is the word we live in, lmao
Fraud is only a problem when poor people do it.
C78RK9P.gif

Oct 25, 2017
canada
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/10/us/politics/social-security-disability-trump-facebook.html

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I recommend watching Ken Loach's film "I, Daniel Blake." It's an excellent depiction of how modern neoliberal government will use every power at their disposal to prevent any type of disability payments from going out and how they treat those who do manage to get them as nothing more than common criminals. It takes place in the UK but it's just as applicable to the United States.

Unfortunately this will become the norm more frequently. For example, I could see them use social media posts against people on unemployment as evidence they aren't devoting enough time to looking for a new job.

I dont know if this policy would be considered neoliberalism, neoliberalism is about deregulating from the current welfare state. This is more just regular ass despotism

In the hands of a better country and leader this could be good policy but Im sure this will be somehow abused

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
See- if you're on Facebook it's proof you're committing fraud. The poors and disabled shouldn't be able to afford internet access.

The GOP is fine with this logic until it effects them directly.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you have benefits "no fun allowed"
Tbh i am personally on benefits cuz of my mental issues and when i did fun stuff and enjoyed life it never bited me in the ass.

Never had my benefits company call me and be like squiddo you had to much fun we saw on facebook and ah we see you got a new tattoo lets cancel your benefits.

Besides i have a jobcoach who helps me find a proper part time job for me. So its not like ima never work forever.

Tbh people on benefits should be able to enjoy their life if they can aswell the oh they can have fun but dont work view is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Work or full time work is not made or be able to do for everyone. These people deserve to have fun moments in their live aswell and are free to spend their benefits how they see fit after payin their bills.

Just imagine if you are on benefits have a nice evening post it on facebook the next week you get a phone call we are cutting down or canceling your benefits if you can go have fun you can go work easily.

Besides getting through the test to get it is pretty hard lots of people get denied even people who literally legit deserve it. Sometimes you have to be lucky with the doctor they use to check your medical history and psych cuz sadly some are a bit easier than others. But its almost impossible to fraud unless your gyropractor or hospital doctor frauds your medical papers.

They are quite strict.