• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing is this card has been played.

Not like he can go back and do another address yet again from the oval.

This was Trump's one at bat so to speak.
As long as networks are on federally regulated networks they will show all oval office addresses.

Unless Trump starts doing 4 a week.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A "boarder" problem.

Okay, bud. Next time, focus on the issues at hand rather than trying to be edgy.
Not trying to be edgy at all. Its disgusting that the dems are always meeting in the middle over the racist rhetoric and policies of the republican party. Specifically in this case where it didn't need to be done at all. But keep glossing over that and acting high and mighty because some might be critical of this.

jay

Oct 25, 2017
Networks weren't played. They want ratings and ad revenue, everything else is negotiable.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
s27Rou0.png

This was a way better than response, this should have been the official Democratic response.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah thats all I meant. They can refute what he said and basically say everything else I just think its bs theyre going to pander to moderate voters by looking bipartisan about a non existent issue thats only pandering to racists. Refute it without that stuff.

I'm fairly certain that person was mocking you. Border security is an important issue. Even Obama went about raising funds for border security. But he didnt do it like this or with these optics, and was supported. Everyone knows the problem is Trump and his message and optics(well most). Your need for Dems to come out and spell it out is your problem alone. They didnt say anything out of the ordinary here.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to respond to people who didn't read my post correctly or try to tell me I just dont understand what they were doing because I take issue with suggesting the racist made up issue is legitimate. Saying we have a boarder problem at all is catering to racist moderate voters and they could refute everything he said without appearing to give credence to the made up boarder problem.

"Border."

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
He never ceases to amaze me at how he continually shows himself to be a worse human being than I already thought he was. Kudos to Chuck and Nancy on delivering a coherent rebuttal to that spew of racism and falsehoods that somehow the networks agreed to air.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
All of them or just some? Curious what speech this was for.

A network insider tells Playbook: "There was agreement among the broadcast networks that this was overtly political. The White House has tried to make a comparison to a time that all the networks carried President Bush in prime time, also related to immigration [2006]. But that was a bipartisan announcement, and this is an overtly political move by the White House."

it was a speech on immigration in 2014.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Trump needs to open the government and they can work down a deal moving forward, but he knows if he does this he won't get his 5.6 billion. His pathetic after saying he'll take ownership of the shutdown yet blaming democrats.

Overall just like chuck and pelosi I'm all for stronger border to keep illegals immigrants out but not with the trump policies espacally all the bs lies he keep saying to get his stupid wall

Oct 25, 2017
This has done nothing to help Trump. This was just recycled rhetoric. It hasn't changed the conversation at all. He'll be forced to end this shutdown

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
He never ceases to amaze me at how he continually shows himself to be a worse human being than I already thought he was. Kudos to Chuck and Nancy on delivering a coherent rebuttal to that spew of racism and falsehoods that somehow the networks agreed to air.
I know that he's done tons of shit, but to me, the worst thing he ever did was sign autographs on the photos of dead kids.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So I wonder how Fox and Friends portrays this speech tomorrow morning and how Trump reacts in kind?

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump didn't want to do the speech. The GOP wanted him to do it

That is what it looked like to me.

"Ok I'm ready to declare energency!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!"
"Umm, change of plans, that isn't legal, or a good idea and will just make things much, much worse"
"So what do I do?"
"Umm we copied some of your tweets into a speech, could you read them out?"
"..."

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was a speech on immigration in 2014.

Okay. I did some digging on this. The speech was also during November sweeps and apparently the WH didn't officially request the primetime networks to carry it.

It's still in line with what I said. Networks exist to generate revenue. If it was during sweeps I can see why.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't true.

ABC ripped it apart. MSNBC had fact checks. Even Fox News was immediately fact checking after he spoke because it was Shepard Smith on TV.

This speech will only hurt Trump. He is speaking to no one other than his base.

Unfortunately I watched CBS. They weren't kind to the president, but they definitely both-sided the whole thing. Even said that neither side offered a real plan to handle border control - which is crazy. I'd even say both sides offered a plan of some kind. Trump said "wall" and Pelosi listed off 20 different things they planned to do with the border patrol funding.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do the Trumpers only show up in threads like these?
Lol at inferring my comment as me being a "trumper"

He looked equally as awkward making his statement and was clearly struggling to pronounce some of the words in his speech

I'm just pointing out that the Democrats rebuttal wasn't as inspiring as it should have been. They just looked awkward

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
This has done nothing to help Trump. This was just recycled rhetoric. It hasn't changed the conversation at all. He'll be forced to end this shutdown

I agree with those first 3 points, but he's going to push through this. I don't want him to have it, nor do I think anyone should give it to him, but he's going to keep throwing his tantrum until he gets that wall or is forced out of office.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm fairly certain that person was mocking you. Border security is an important issue. Even Obama went about raising funds for border security. But he didnt do it like this or with these optics, and was supported. Everyone knows the problem is Trump and his message and optics(well most). Your need for Dems to come out and spell it out is your problem alone. They didnt say anything out of the ordinary here.
If theyre mocking me I'm not sure I understand why. Immigration is a net positive for us and research has shown that rates of crime are much lower for them than they are for regular citizens, and in some instances even have an inverse correlation to crime in certain communities. Obama was a huge problem on immigration as well with deporter in chief being thrown around over how many immigrant he deported during his tenure. He shouldn't have been supported with the way he handled this. Youre absolutely right this isn't out of the ordinary for the dems, which is exactly my problem in the first place lol
ok

May 30, 2018
[

I wasn't mocking him, I was trying to see where he was coming from

And I realize Border Security is an issue, but I would say Trump is blowing it out of proportion. America has far more pressing issues than Border Security, but this one has been dominating the news

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Cuomo is going back to the SDNY indictment against the Russian Chick at the Trump Tower meeting.

lol

I love it. Eyes on the prize.