• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I will say this. Naming your voting software dominion is ominous as hell. Reminds me of gatekeeper from the net.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So hes upset that she got virtual death threats, but couldn't care less that an actual plot to kill Whitmer occurred? Get the fuck out, Donny.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Guessing he won't be at the inauguration or welcoming Biden at the WH? Tweeting, Biden has no crowds!

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
"Trump accepts the transition!" Meanwhile he's retweeted Randy Quaid three times today where he's been demanding the election to be redone with in-person only voting and urging Republicans to listen to him.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
As a non-American loosely following this stuff... it's pretty embarrassing for Trump/his people to launch investigations that will continue to turn up nothing at all. Like assuming these investigations go nowhere and conclude that there was basically no corruption, they're kind of just confirming that he's full of shit. Maybe it's a good thing they're doing them? So there's an official record showing that his accusations are baseless.
I could be very wrong, just my surface level thoughts.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
As a non-American loosely following this stuff... it's pretty embarrassing for Trump/his people to launch investigations that will continue to turn up nothing at all. Like assuming these investigations go nowhere and conclude that there was basically no corruption, they're kind of just confirming that he's full of shit. Maybe it's a good thing they're doing them? So there's an official record showing that his accusations are baseless.
Have you ever met a conspiracy theorist? There is no convincing them. They reject evidence and make up their own fantasy explanations. This is the psychological makeup of his followers.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Have you ever met a conspiracy theorist? There is no convincing them. They reject evidence and make up their own fantasy explanations. This is the psychological makeup of his followers.
Yeah I have. I worked with one. You're right about that, anyone who fits that description won't be convinced. But maybe some people who aren't in too deep could see the light.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So I'm confused. Has Trump agreed to hand over the keys, but still believes election was rigged?
That's exactly what has happened, which was always inevitable. He knows he's done and has no pathway to retain his power. He knows all legal options are exhausted. He won't concede though, he was never going to in the first place. But transitioning doesn't require formal concession so he can whine all he wants.

This is as good of a "concession" as you're going to get from him.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone must have talked him into knowing that keeping him from transitioning is a really bad look but he still doesn't want to admit he lost

admiraltaftbar

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
"Dominion". Ah, so that's what's going to be this week's boogeyman.
It's so crazy because it's been a progressive talking point for awhile about how it's kind of messed up that voting machines are all made by companies who have basically a monopoly and in many cases ties to the state government they operate in. And yet Republicans have always pushed this as the best option because the free market. And now the Trump admission is kind of pushing the same ideas just because he lost (though mostly through incoherent temper tantrums).

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a light at the end of the Trump tunnel.

I guarantee that there are still some of his braindead followers who claim that it doesn't count because Trump didn't concede, but I just hope this runs them back into their holes.

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
It's so crazy because it's been a progressive talking point for awhile about how it's kind of messed up that voting machines are all made by companies who have basically a monopoly and in many cases ties to the state government they operate in. And yet Republicans have always pushed this as the best option because the free market. And now the Trump admission is kind of pushing the same ideas just because he lost (though mostly through incoherent temper tantrums).
Yeah that's the crazy part. All these states for the most part have republican legislatures choosing, installing, and administering these systems.

Last week I was like...if they go down this Dominion rabbit hole they're going to have to blame Republicans. And that crazy Sidney Powell actually did it! Then she got erased the next day.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is the only thing I'm curious about. He's petty as shit, but I'm curious to see if he's there for inauguration (lololol) or he'll be long gone and playing golf at Mar-a-lago on the day.

He's definitely not coming to the inauguration. Not a chance. I think his dream is to hold a rally somewhere in Florida and boast about the attendance while Biden's inauguration is much smaller, responsible, because of COVID concerns. But, I don't even think Trump is that craven and I think his interest as a sideshow instead of the main event is going to wane.

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
He's definitely not coming to the inauguration. Not a chance. I think his dream is to hold a rally somewhere in Florida and boast about the attendance while Biden's inauguration is much smaller, responsible, because of COVID concerns. But, I don't even think Trump is that craven and I think his interest as a sideshow instead of the main event is going to wane.
I also thought he'd hold a rally, but given the way he's been hiding in his bunker I'm not sure anymore. I think he's honestly really scared about being heckled.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The institutional GOP issued an ultimatum to Trump: "Do this or we take your post-election bullshit off life support."'
Trump owns the GOP, look how many went along with this fraud bullshit, and for how long. It's more likely that people around Trump are starting to convince him this shit was hurting him beyond his bubble of core supporters, and starting to put things like the George runoff election in jeopardy.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
tumblr_pbdvonFOTv1qj6sk2o1_500.gif

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Why isn't Twitter altering their flags? Haven't the fraud allegations been disproven now?

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Zero chance for him coming to inauguration. He dug himself in a hole for that with his fraud claims. The way he cried about the rigged election, it would be like a basketball team breaking the opposing players legs with a baseball bat in the championship game and then the losing team having to show up for the trophy ceremony. Except Trump's fraud claims are all in his head.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yes. The software used to count votes was rigged by democrats lol
Don't forget: The Democrats have an endless supply of dirty money to fuel their government stealing desires, but also have a minority in the Senate and a lost presidency in 2016. ENDLESS POWER & CORRUPTION! (sometimes?)

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020

Their brains are poisoned and they are incapable of shame or embarrassment. There's been 4 years of official records of their insanity and it hasn't stopped them yet.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Will this be the first time in anyone's life now where the president doesn't write an outgoing letter to the incoming president?

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It is a bit ridiculous that there aren't any other checks or balances in play when a president does this. That the head of the GSA becomes the defacto person that needs to move things forward for a transition to occur seems a bit broken. What if this lady wasn't this reasonable? Could she have just completely blocked everything? Or am I misunderstanding what happened?

greepoman

Oct 26, 2017
I will say this. Naming your voting software dominion is ominous as hell. Reminds me of gatekeeper from the net.
You got to remember these are mostly Republican legislatures choosing to buy these systems. They're so obsessed with projecting manliness and strength something like Dominion appeals to them when buying.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a bit ridiculous that there aren't any other checks or balances in play when a president does this. That the head of the GSA becomes the defacto person that needs to move things forward for a transition to occur seems a bit broken. What if this lady wasn't this reasonable? Could she have just completely blocked everything? Or am I misunderstanding what happened?
Would probably go to Supreme Court. Technically the battleground states are only just now being certified, I'm not sure what legal clauses could be added to force her hand before results are official. That could easily backfire in a reverse scenario where a Republican who lost is claiming they won and trying to begin their transition.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Would probably go to Supreme Court. Technically the battleground states are only just now being certified, I'm not sure what legal clauses could be added to force her hand before results are official. That could easily backfire in a reverse scenario where a Republican who lost is claiming they won and trying to begin their transition.

Just seems like a lot of "power" for basically the "head of procurement" lol. Coming from someone who's pretty familiar with procurement within organizations and government and what those divisions/departments typically look like (ie: an absolute shitshow between HR/IT/Finance)

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been out of the loop on all this as a non-American - what are everyone's thoughts on what Donny actually thinks here? Does he truly, honestly believe the election was rigged? Or is he just seeing another grift opportunity?