• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Have you seen Bloomberg's coronavirus ads? Trump's shitting in his pants. Also;

twitter.com

Jake Tapper on Twitter

“AP FACT CHECK: Democrats distort coronavirus readiness https://t.co/sURatibafq”
This article is from three days ago and the situation in the US has changed significantly enough since then. It is going to be important for people to stay up on the latest news and updates. Trying to be "fair-minded" like that ap article was trying to do is not going to be of use to anyone going into the next few months. Especially since that article was written, the trump admin has silenced their primary communicative disease expert.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
apologies I assumed airborne included sneezes and coughs which it can travel through, but looking into it now, those are not considered truly airborne.
Ok phew, I know about a week ago a report from China was saying it had gone airborne but it hasn't been confirmed so I was wondering if an update happened overnight (just caught up on the last 10-12 pages of the OT)

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Hurricanes killing brown people on an island doesn't make anyone blink, despite the fact those people were American citizens who were failed miserably by their government by intentional neglect.

Epidemics in the American mainland is one of those things that is not "suppose to happen", so if the coronavirus starts killing people here all eyes will be on Trump's pathetic response to the outbreak.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
So the media comparisons to HIV aren't designed to be purposely sensational?
No I'm talking about articles like this:
metro.co.uk

Coronavirus has 'HIV-like mutation which allows it to attack human cells'

Chinese researchers say Covid-19 may 'use the packing mechanisms of other viruses such as HIV'.

The coronavirus has an 'HIV-like' mutation which helps it to bind with human cells at a terrifyingly effective rate, Chinese scientists have claimed.
I would advise you to continue reading past the headline and the byline.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The endless void of this admin needs to end this year or we are fucked when the ice caps melt and brings back the plague.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Yes I was wrong on the mortality rates as they were ones I read weeks ago but it's still not incredible dangerous and most hosts don't show symptoms so can take that how ever you want.
The main danger is if the health care system becomes overwhelmed and people start dying of secondary infections, which is how people died from the Spanish Flu.

I would also classify the virus as being very dangerous for the elderly based on those numbers.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
"For them to try to take a pandemic and seemingly hope that it comes here and kills millions of people so that they can end Donald Trump's streak of winning is a new level of sickness." - Donald Trump Jr.

MykhellMikado

Alt account
Banned
Jan 13, 2020
The main danger is if the health care system becomes overwhelmed and people start dying of secondary infections, which is how people died from the Spanish Flu.

I would also classify the virus as being very dangerous for the elderly based on those numbers.
I agree and that's what I said in my initial post that it is incredibly dangerous for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems which should be our primary concerns. Nursing homes and elder care should be given priority in supplies and precautions.

I would say our time and money would be better spend donating masks, gloves, and disinfect to those organizations.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...I think I said yesterday on Reddit that it's only a matter of time before he publicly calls it a hoax. ...I think at this point, I know Trump better than he knows himself.

...Goddamn idiot.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I agree and that's what I said in my initial post that it is incredibly dangerous for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems which should be our primary concerns. Nursing homes and elder care should be given priority in supplies and precautions.

I would say our time and money would be better spend donating masks, gloves, and disinfect to those organizations.

In a situation where care needs to be rationed the first priority should be people with the best chance to recover - i.e. younger folks. There won't be a lot of younger people that will need hospitalization, but the unfortunate ones that do need it should be a higher priority.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Seems like The One With The Orange Hue is projecting again.....

And he's doing a press conference later.
Seems like a good moment to ask him directly if he thinks it's a hoax....

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These Democratic hoaxes are killing people now. They can't keep getting away with it!

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
GOD If that orange sack of shit dies of Corona, it would be fucking poetic beauty.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Surprised that the democrats were able to get China, South Korea , Italy and Japan to go along with their hoax. They must be masters of persuasion.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
He should prove it by infecting himself with this fake virus.

K0M55Wc.gif

Pictured: Trump injecting himself with the "Corona Virus"

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Oh please let karma kick in and get infected you orange sack of shit.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
This dude is saying that the coronavirus is not dangerous, but immigrants at the border with the coronavirus are dangerous.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta look like a hero when he says he killed the virus when Chinese scientists create a vaccine.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
He doesn't actually think it's a hoax, he just won't acknowledge the severity, since it hurts his campaign. That might be worse though, since there's at least a chance of convincing someone who is ignorant of something, by using facts. He knows; he just doesn't care.